First 3575838485868795135185 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Had to close up the apartment windows and turn on the heaters. My sinuses are now kicking my ass. I'm waking up stuffy and lethargic every morning.
    Have you replaced the air filter recently?

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Have you replaced the air filter recently?
    Don't have one. Should get one, but might be moving soon.

Sooooo, yeah.

MBTI
    INTP

Did my workout tonight.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

My knee is hurting and I didn't even work out this weekend. Strange. I also appear to have a miserable cold. I'm still doing my workout since I took off last Friday. I don't want to lose my momentum.

On a good note, I took another group of pics and I do have a noticeable difference - compared to the first day of the challenge. I've only lost about 5 pounds, but I know when I work out I build muscle so I don't drop weight like I do if I just diet.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    My knee is hurting and I didn't even work out this weekend. Strange. I also appear to have a miserable cold. I'm still doing my workout since I took off last Friday. I don't want to lose my momentum.

On a good note, I took another group of pics and I do have a noticeable difference - compared to the first day of the challenge. I've only lost about 5 pounds, but I know when I work out I build muscle so I don't drop weight like I do if I just diet.
    If your knee is hurting now. You may have hurt it at least a couple of days before the weekend. Is it a deep pain? Or is it more like the muscles around you knee are just sore?

Suggestion. Give your knee a little more time to recover. Find something to do that places less stress on it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah, I watched it, it's not like a joint pain. Sometimes my joints can get out of whack and click, it wasn't doing that.

I finished for the day.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Elaur, 5 pounds in 5 weeks is respectable. The fact that you can see the difference is huge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I agree with Biaxident. That's why we don't use cheats for injuries, in fact. Proper recovery is that important.

Remember, we are aiming for long term change here. Part of long term change is sometimes sacrificing the short term so your body can properly recover. You have all of us here to give you a violent friendly push to help you regain momentum if you lose it while recovering.

EDIT: Hah, too late - you already worked out! Well, if it's still hurting tomorrow it's always an option.

On that note, I skipped the gym this morning. I hurt my calf yesterday (sharp pain, not sore pain), and it was still hurting this morning. I'll try to start back up tomorrow.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Elaur, 5 pounds in 5 weeks is respectable. The fact that you can see the difference is huge as well.

I agree with Biaxident. That's why we don't use cheats for injuries, in fact. Proper recovery is that important.

Remember, we are aiming for long term change here. Part of long term change is sometimes sacrificing the short term so your body can properly recover. You have all of us here to give you a violent friendly push to help you regain momentum if you lose it while recovering.

On that note, I skipped the gym this morning. I hurt my calf yesterday (sharp pain, not sore pain), and it was still hurting this morning. I'll try to start back up tomorrow.
    Ask Halla about working through the pain. The man has put several surgeon's children through college.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Nah, I would make sure your machismo was intact.
    I see you care about my reputation with the ladies and for that sir I thank you *bows dramatically*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

I completed my week again. Curiously, still no additional weight loss since the 8 pounds I lost the first week...four weeks holding steady on weight. I hope it's because I'm building muscle instead of that my workout is not rigorous enough.

On the bright side, my workout is progressing. The first week I started with 30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 pushups, and 20 crunches. I'm up to 35 minutes on the treadmill with incline added, 30 pushups, and 40 crunches. In the coming weeks I'm going to look into mixing up the workout with some lunges, squats and other stuff. Six weeks seems to be about the time to mix it up.

For the experienced people, a question...I have some 5 lb dumbbells an old roommate left. Would they serve any purpose for a large framed man, or are they too light to make any difference? I was thinking at high numbers of reps maybe they could tone, but I don't know. I'm not interested in bulging muscles, just building strength.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari