User Tag List

First 6789101858108 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What you describe almost sounds like soreness, or a slight muscle pull. Although Thursday-Monday is a short recovery time from that, so I don't know.

One note - if your muscle is that sore, don't exert it until it feels better again. Light exercise like a brisk walk, hike, or elliptical is okay. Recovery is an important part to building muscle, so don't cheat yourself of it.

And if it happens again - please, see a doctor. There could be something bigger going on. I'd hate to see something happen to you.
    B-but it's at a class at school... they do not allow breaks... This is what I do not understand, if you're supposed to allow yourself to recover, how are you supposed to allow yourself if you have to exercise every Monday-Friday no matter what. They tell us one thing and make us do another.

It just seemed weird that the right was manageably sore for a day and the other was not.

I am not sore at all today.

I also do not understand why exercises that are supposed to work my arms make my legs shake and give out. This is probably why it didn't work yesterday.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Edit: Okay. I just about freaked a minute ago. My waist kept measuring bigger than my chest. I had the tape measure the wrong way around.
    But think, you could fix the tape measure 3 weeks down the road and brag about your awesome improvements!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    My aims are to have a program that I can do at least 3 times a week that is fun, holistic and high intensity, I want to incorporate one session of high cv work, one session of yoga/pilates and a third that concentrates on martial arts technique. It's hard to plan more specific goals until I find the training routine that I'm going to follow, I need something more than just doing exercise when I feel like it, I need session times or it won't happen. So step one is checking out the two martial arts places I've seen.
    That does sound like it has fun potential! Why did you quit your gym, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    B-but it's at a class at school... they do not allow breaks... This is what I do not understand, if you're supposed to allow yourself to recover, how are you supposed to allow yourself if you have to exercise every Monday-Friday no matter what. They tell us one thing and make us do another.

I am not sore at all today.
    Do they force you to do the same exercises everyday?

There are two options I'm aware of - if any of this is off someone please correct me:
    1. If it's the same circuit everyday, only mildly push yourself. Go for repetitions instead of pushing yourself with a higher weight. That'll reduce soreness and still help you burn calories and tone up a bit.

2. If you have some freedom on what exercises you do, break it into muscle groups. As one example: Legs one day, chest and triceps the next, and back and Biceps to finish. Do a moderate ab exercise everyday. That'll give certain muscle groups a few days off to rest, even as you hit the gym everyday.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    On holidays atm but checking in to bookmark the thread. Once I get back into the swing my first point of call is finding a new exercise routine as I just left my gym, I've been looking at a Krav Maga place that also incorporates Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Eskrima and Wing Chun into their training program instead of a gym as it sounds fun so next week I plan on checking out their three trial classes that they offer.
    Krav Maga is certainly a fascinating combat art. So have fun and good luck on that.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Do they force you to do the same exercises everyday?

There are two options I'm aware of - if any of this is off someone please correct me:
    1. If it's the same circuit everyday, only mildly push yourself. Go for repetitions instead of pushing yourself with a higher weight. That'll reduce soreness and still help you burn calories and tone up a bit.

2. If you have some freedom on what exercises you do, break it into muscle groups. As one example: Legs one day, chest and triceps the next, and back and Biceps to finish. Do a moderate ab exercise everyday. That'll give certain muscle groups a few days off to rest, even as you hit the gym everyday.
    It's only about the same circuit, except the days that we walk.

days that we walk I have to push myself as much as I can just to keep up at minimum.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

That does sound like it has fun potential! Why did you quit your gym, if I may ask?
    Sure hope so! And nope, don't mind but the answer is long, let's just say I had a complaint with the gym management and their way of dealing with it was unsatisfactory and disappointing to me.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's only about the same circuit, except the days that we walk.

days that we walk I have to push myself as much as I can just to keep up at minimum.
    What kind of exercise class has you do the exact same exercises every day? Bah! At the very least, I hope they alter the circuit after a few weeks.

As for the walking, that'll likely get easier as you do it more.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Ran 4 miles last night - hardly broke a sweat. Will have to increase my pace; change my resistance/terrain to ensure continuity.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Have you been practicing swimming at all? To me, that is the single most draining cardio I've ever done in my life. Even when I could run 4 miles without really stressing my breathing (sigh, a long time ago), swimming would kill me pretty quickly.

How do you train for the swimming portion of a triathlon?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Aerobics class - Complete.

Mission: Level 2 work out. Start.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Have you been practicing swimming at all? To me, that is the single most draining cardio I've ever done in my life. Even when I could run 4 miles without really stressing my breathing (sigh, a long time ago), swimming would kill me pretty quickly.
    +1. Swimming works EVERYTHING. I was on the swim team in high school and was a lifeguard, and I think it's definitely the best exercise I've ever done. If I were close to a pool, I'd be adding that to my exercise now.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari