User Tag List

First 2363717273747583123173 Last

Results 721 to 730 of 3324

  1. #721
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I like this idea since it will discourage someone whose used all 10 cheats to simply quit. What do you guys think?
    Definitely

    I'm in it as a motivator not competition and methinks that's the best thing to get out of it so I'd totally support that idea, along with a suggestion that others can join in if they're reading and want to get involved, just start them with 0 cheats cause they're not in the competition but can still use it to motivate.

  2. #722

    Default

    I like the idea Udog. I'm just participating for fun since there is no way to crush my opposition without spoiling the intent of the thread.

    I am hamstrung therefore will feign benevolence.


  3. #723
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,134

    Default

    I like your idea Udog. It helps make sure that we all stay on track. This is a lifestyle change most of us are looking for rather than just temporarily getting in shape...

  4. #724
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Udog--I didn't end up working out Saturday, though I intended to. Too tired/busy. I did work out today, though.
    Something Witty

  5. #725
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Definitely

    I'm in it as a motivator not competition and methinks that's the best thing to get out of it so I'd totally support that idea, along with a suggestion that others can join in if they're reading and want to get involved, just start them with 0 cheats cause they're not in the competition but can still use it to motivate.
    Yeah, I've had people tell me they wanted to start exercising just from reading the thread. I think some people are lurking and want to be involved or just aren't sure if they are "well known" enough to join. Also the people who aren't sure if it's open if you didn't sign up right away.

    My thought would be to give them the same number of cheats as the average person the week they join but keep them out of the "win" catagory? Like one of those ribbons you get just for finishing the race but not winning?

    Finishers:

    Partial Finishers:?

    Also: I would really like to see the workouts people are doing that are more "advanced" I would like to be able to look at them for suggestions for increasing workouts.

  6. #726
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    I successfully managed to wake up at 4:30 this morning and get my "A" lifting schedule completed before work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Definitely

    I'm in it as a motivator not competition and methinks that's the best thing to get out of it so I'd totally support that idea, along with a suggestion that others can join in if they're reading and want to get involved, just start them with 0 cheats cause they're not in the competition but can still use it to motivate.
    I like that idea alot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Yeah, I've had people tell me they wanted to start exercising just from reading the thread. I think some people are lurking and want to be involved or just aren't sure if they are "well known" enough to join. Also the people who aren't sure if it's open if you didn't sign up right away.

    My thought would be to give them the same number of cheats as the average person the week they join but keep them out of the "win" catagory? Like one of those ribbons you get just for finishing the race but not winning?
    I hadn't realized that this thread had become exclusive - that wasn't my intention! Although now that I look at it, I can see how that is sort of the case. I didn't realize there were people wishing to join but hesitant to do so. My apologies.

    Okay, so I want this to be inclusive, and to encourage others to join in. What's the way to do that?

    What do you (and the people that have voiced an interest) think about Trinity's idea of starting with 0 cheats? I'll be happy to add them to the list, regardless of how "well known" they are. I would just need them to post their goals and give me a report on their exercises each week so we can keep track of them. The 0 cheat thing would make it clear they couldn't win "Last Man Standing", but would qualify them to make it for the 6 months. Technically 5 months, but close enough. I don't think anyone that's made it 6 months would feel cheated if someone whose done 4.5 months also gets a "kinda neat" little thingie-mabobber - would they?

    Of course, they are also welcomed to play along like Haphazard or Eck, where they participate in the thread minus their name being on the list and me bugging them for updates. All they'd have to do with that is simply make a post and join in.

    What do you think? Elaur, is there any way you could get their opinion on if that would make them feel more comfortable joining and let me know - via this thread or PM?

    Once we hammer this out, I'll ask Trin to update the OP.

  7. #727
    Was E.laur Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    6,075

    Default

    I'm just finishing up my workout for the day.

    I will ask my friend, they might be too shy to join in.

  8. #728
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    i feel so unwelcome. i'm outta here. emo workout complete ;P

  9. #729
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    i feel so unwelcome. i'm outta here. emo workout complete ;P
    Heh. I almost missed the white text.

    Jen, the only reason I removed you from the list is because I hadn't heard from you in a couple of weeks. I'll be happy to add you back on if you would like.

    I know you said some of that was vacation time. If you are interested in joining back up, I am required by Contract Code 134.32.6593 to ask the following question: Have you used any cheats during the time off?

  10. #730
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Heh. I almost missed the white text.

    Jen, the only reason I removed you from the list is because I hadn't heard from you in a couple of weeks. I'll be happy to add you back on if you would like.

    I know you said some of that was vacation time. Have you used any cheats during the time off?
    when you say cheat, do you mean eating too much? if so, then no. this is my second week of low calorie intake. last week i dropped 4 pounds then i noticed that it came back yesterday. i know people say that eating too few calories can cause you to not lose but i don't think i've under eaten? well off to work out. maybe diet mixed with exercise will make a difference.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 12:04 PM
  2. Reflective exercises, assessments and tools
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM
  3. TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?
    By Udog in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and Exercise Program?
    By INTJMom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
  5. Mantra & Exercises to Stimulate Peace and Transpersonal States
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO