First 2262707172737482122172 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    You also need to do more than talk about how you need to do more than this stationary biking.
    You so didn't go there!

Yeah I need an exercise plan but I don't really get it. I've done the weights while alternating with cardio before but that's about it. It was working well. I don't want to get off the bike every 2.5 minutes though to do weights.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

So... are you going to up your goals as originally planned?
    Increase the cardio to 45 minutes
    substitute with a run outside on good weather days.

As always, if not that's fine. The choice is 100% yours. However, I just figured I'd remind you of your original intentions in case you want to mark your progress.
    Should have known that you would remember and ask

I will continue the cardio at current rate until crazy travel is done to ensure I keep going every day (roughly 3 more weeks). Then up cardio to 45 minutes.

Yes, will substitute with run outside starting this week. Sounds good. Thanks for keeping us on track, udog.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Aw... are you feeling better now?
    Much better, thank you. Tomorrow I'm going to see about going for a jog since I'm functioning normally again
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Week 5: And then there were 5. Months that is.

So we are officially 1 month into this, and I have to offer a hearty congratulations to everyone that is still participating. Itís really neat to see a few of us starting to make a habit out of exercising, and even enjoying it.

As for the rest of us that arenít fully feeling the benefits yet, double points for sticking with it. Continued persistence has a way of paying off, and I think all of us are on the right track, and that makes me all "NF-gushy-shuttup-you-are-embarrassing-yourself-Udog" happy.

Code:
    Name		Cheats 
    Blackcat	10
    cafť		9
    Clonester	8
    Colors		6
    EffEmDoubleyou	8
    Elaur		9
    ergophobe	8
    Feops		9
    Fidelia		9
    INTJMom		+0
    Jeffster	10
    Jen		10
    kelric		10
    Kyuuei		9
    ladypinkington	10
    PinkPiranha	10
    poppy		9
    Santtu		10
    ScantilyClad	8
    Tallulah	7
    Trinity		9
    Udog		6
    Winged		9
    Wolfy		10
    * Includes those that have reported vacations, injuries, and sickness.
    People I haven't heard from, or people who I'm not sure if I have the most up to date info:
    Antimony

QUESTION, WHOSE IMPORTANCE IS DENOTED BY ANNOYING LARGE RED CAPS
    Thank you Elaur for helping with this idea, although if it's lame the fault is all mine:

Since the whole point of this thread is life style changes, I'd like to propose an addendum to the rules. Once someone uses all their cheats, they will get a "+" by their name. (1 -> 0 -> +1 -> +2). They will be disqualified from winning as a last man standing, but if there isn't a single person remaining, all people participating in the thread will still "win" at the 6 month mark. The + wont' disqualify you, but will be a way of keeping track of cheats for informational purposes.

I like this idea since it will discourage someone whose used all 10 cheats to simply quit. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Udog; 10-03-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Went to Muay Thai today. It was awesome. I was gassing but give me a few weeks and I'll be fine.

I kinda dropped out of the thread for a hot minute. I think I caught the pork plague earlier this month and also injured my thumb.

I've got the green light to get back to it now though.

I think anything that keeps people participating is a good idea. Maybe we can even figure out a way to have people earn more cheats. I can't think of an idea off the top of my head, but there must be one.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think anything that keeps people participating is a good idea. Maybe we can even figure out a way to have people earn more cheats. I can't think of an idea off the top of my head, but there must be one.
    I was thinking if I did that, it would focus around the holidays. There are lots of opportunities to screw up diet and exercise around that time, what with celebration and vacations all over the place. I'd think something like an extra workout the week of a big meal, or making a point to denote vacation dates and working out right before and getting right back into the routine when the vacation ends.

Although is it really necessary to have bonus cheats, if we don't disqualify when someone hits 0 cheats? I guess the only thing that might give me pause is if only 1 person still has 10 cheats by month 6, meaning they win the contest.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

i have no idea where i fall on that list but it's all good since i'm kind of doing my own thing while gaining inspiration/information/motivation from you guys.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I'm late checking in (long day) but i did finish another week, and used 1 cheat.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

I trained my lower body.

I did...
    Front squats
    Romanian DL
    Good Mornings
    Abs
    Rode on the bike listening to Clapton's version of Don't think twice it's alright.