User Tag List

First 567891757107 Last

MBTI
    INTx

Done.

I almost managed to sabotage myself on the very first day. Being on vacation has messed up my sleep and eating patterns. It took a nap, a walk, coffee, and a huge healthy meal to get my energy back up.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I've started a notepad file so I'll be charting my daily progress and probably reporting a summary of each week's progress on Sunday night It feels good to be organized.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Great on the eating today. Also went for a walk/run 45 minutes. Resisted tempting staff room goodies. Lots of walking as well today at school. Kyeuii makes me feel pretty lazy though!

I'm in!

My weekly goals are as follows:

5 x 30 minutes cardio
    5 x 10 push-ups
    5 x 30 crunches
    7 x stretching routine

I would also like to lose 50 pounds by the end of the 6 months.

I haven't exercised on a regular basis in more than two years, and this is what I've found I can do right now in one session without tiring so much that I use bad form. When I've exercised before, I've found that the original amounts can quickly grow, so hopefully they will. I'll check in weekly. Good luck to everyone!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Yay, I love reading about everyone's exercising triumphs! (And don't worry about the eating fidelia. I had, like, a full day of greasy airplane/port food and another day of being stuffed full of German food. I have no idea how rude it is or isn't to finish food here, but apparently there's no such thing as a doggie bag. I'm going to try and stick to my at home dietary goals of two servings of fruit and two servings of vegetables a day today. )

Did about 40 minutes of light jogging last night by some pond/lake thing last night. Didn't accidently mistake a dirt road for a trail and impede traffic/trespass *too* many times. No one here is obsessed with green verdant lawns. Think I'm going to have to add stretching to the end of my exercise routines. I got a killer leg cramp while I was napping yesterday and had forgotten how much they suck.

Do sit-ups work? I hate doing sit ups.

Thanks Udog for setting everything up! Being in it together makes discipline easier.

50 pounds, FMW?! Ambitious man.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

^^^ Sure there is!

You can ask if you can take the rest home. Just many times, it's not that common.

"Knnten Sie den Rest einpacken?"
    "Wir mchten den Rest mitnehmen."

No worries. Of course, don't ask for a doggie bag, or they will think your dog shat under the table.

If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Resigning with my MMA gym today after class lets out.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Okay. I'm going to get started now.
    • Make 5 min playlist for iPod x
    • Try to find tape measure x
    • Measure offensive midsection region x
    • Try to do 5 min of crunches

Reward: go back to bed and read, possibly sleep

Edit: Okay. I just about freaked a minute ago. My waist kept measuring bigger than my chest. I had the tape measure the wrong way around.

Biggest part of gut in relaxed state is 34.25 inches.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It just doesn't seem right that I go from struggling up stairs for hours after a workout to completely fine in less than a week.
    What you describe almost sounds like soreness, or a slight muscle pull. Although Thursday-Monday is a short recovery time from that, so I don't know.

One note - if your muscle is that sore, don't exert it until it feels better again. Light exercise like a brisk walk, hike, or elliptical is okay. Recovery is an important part to building muscle, so don't cheat yourself of it.

And if it happens again - please, see a doctor. There could be something bigger going on. I'd hate to see something happen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Got up and worked out first thing this morning. Go, me! We will not discuss the eating plan. :-P
    I tried to start a diet and exercise routine at the same time recently, and failed miserably. See, if I were in a bubble I could do it no problem - but when you add those annoying real life factors it's simply too much. It's perfectly okay to do exercise for a few weeks before going hardcore into the diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I almost managed to sabotage myself on the very first day. Being on vacation has messed up my sleep and eating patterns. It took a nap, a walk, coffee, and a huge healthy meal to get my energy back up.
    Thanks for sharing that. I'm making a note of it since I think I may do something similar in a time of need.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'm in!

My weekly goals are as follows:

5 x 30 minutes cardio
    5 x 10 push-ups
    5 x 30 crunches
    7 x stretching routine

I would also like to lose 50 pounds by the end of the 6 months.

I haven't exercised on a regular basis in more than two years, and this is what I've found I can do right now in one session without tiring so much that I use bad form. When I've exercised before, I've found that the original amounts can quickly grow, so hopefully they will. I'll check in weekly. Good luck to everyone!
    Welcome FM! That sounds like a good starting plan to me. It *is* important to not overdo it early on, and honestly, I'm just as excited about seeing how people increase their exercise goals as this progresses as I am about seeing who makes it the 6 months. To me, the gains are the best sign people are doing this right.

I think your weight goals are admirable (and they pretty much echo mine, actually), but keep in mind you will likely experience plateaus. It's very doable, but challenging enough it's not quite guaranteed even if you do everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Great on the eating today. Also went for a walk/run 45 minutes. Resisted tempting staff room goodies. Lots of walking as well today at school. Kyeuii makes me feel pretty lazy though!
    She really is quite the inspiration. I'll know I'm doing well when I approach her level of physical activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Yay, I love reading about everyone's exercising triumphs!

Do sit-ups work? I hate doing sit ups.
    Exercising during your vacation period is smart. Shade me the color of 'pleased'.

As far as situps, they're alright. I've read mixed things - there are plenty of other ways to focus on ab strength. Someone else might be better equipped to offer specific ab workouts.

Anyway, body fat percentage plays the biggest factor in the 6-pack look - if that's what you are going for.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

On holidays atm but checking in to bookmark the thread. Once I get back into the swing my first point of call is finding a new exercise routine as I just left my gym, I've been looking at a Krav Maga place that also incorporates Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Eskrima and Wing Chun into their training program instead of a gym as it sounds fun so next week I plan on checking out their three trial classes that they offer. There's also an Aikido place that is worth checking out to compare with. Further to that I want to find somewhere that offers either yoga or reformer pilates.

My aims are to have a program that I can do at least 3 times a week that is fun, holistic and high intensity, I want to incorporate one session of high cv work, one session of yoga/pilates and a third that concentrates on martial arts technique. It's hard to plan more specific goals until I find the training routine that I'm going to follow, I need something more than just doing exercise when I feel like it, I need session times or it won't happen. So step one is checking out the two martial arts places I've seen.