First 1353616263646573113163 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Where do you run? I live on a long street and it gets boring (I used to walk it)
    Hopefully you will get other helpful answers, but I usually go to a nearby lake or forest trail when I'm outdoors.

Otherwise it's the apartment gym or the local Gold's gym.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Super late! Here's last week's report.

9/14
    Breakfast/Lunch was a delicious bowl of Vietnamese bbq beef with salad and noodles. Dinner was a bagel, dry roasted soybeans, and pineapple. Did 20 minutes of yoga in the morning but was interrupted, also walked around a bit, but didn't get a good workout in.
    Eating: yes
    Exercise: some

9/15
    Breakfast was a bowl of cheerios, lunch was a tasty hummus and veggie combo and a snapple (rare sugary drink) from a middle eastern deli. For dinner I made chicken, pineapple and onion kabobs. Walked around a lot, but no workout.
    Exercise: no

9/16
    Had a bagel and ham sammich with some dry roasted soybeans for breakfast. For dinner I made a potato cake thing (shredded red potatoes, eggs, cooked in olive oil) and had some salad with vinagrette. Bowl of ice cream for dessert.
    Exercise: no

9/17
    Bagel and ham for breakfast, potato and beef casserole for dinner, ice cream for dessert. Did a half hour of yoga and a half hour of jogging/hiking (depending on the terrain).
    Eating: ok
    Exercise: yes

9/18
    Ham sandwich for breakfast, salad and crackers for lunch, went out to eat for dinner (mole enchiladas, beans, rice, and dessert). 40 minutes of tough yoga, 10 of weights, 10 cardio.

9/19
    Cereal for breakfast, crackers and a sandwich for lunch. Had an icee and a quesadilla for dinner. Ugh! But I was running around all day doing errands. Also did some serious box-carrying up and down stairs.
    Eating: terrible

9/20
    Breafkast was a Redline and a really terrible croissant sandwich from Jack in the Box. Had a few bites of soup for lunch, hamburger (delicious organic meat) and potato salad for dinner. Was on the road all day, so the only exercise I got was in the morning loading boxes.
    Exercise: only a little

TOTAL:
    Eating: Not great
    Exercise: 3/3

So I've been essentially doing this routine all summer, and I'm starting to see results. I'm definitely gaining muscle, strength, and endurance. Unfortunately I'm not losing any weight. In fact at the moment some of my clothing fits worse (particularly my arms and upper body). I'm kind of annoyed, but I've known for a while that what I really need is a lot more cardio. Anyone know any good cardio activities other than jogging and swimming?
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I walked to my car.

But den I went to Dunkin' Donuts...I mean..NO I DIDN'T!

No..I actually didn't so it's all good.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP

I live a few minutes away from a river with a park & jog path all along it. In the winter I'm on the treadmill. Pretty soon I'll be back to the gym. It's pretty cold here in Ottawa past October.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Super late! Here's last week's report.

So I've been essentially doing this routine all summer, and I'm starting to see results. I'm definitely gaining muscle, strength, and endurance. Unfortunately I'm not losing any weight. In fact at the moment some of my clothing fits worse (particularly my arms and upper body). I'm kind of annoyed, but I've known for a while that what I really need is a lot more cardio. Anyone know any good cardio activities other than jogging and swimming?
    First, congratulations on seeing results. The fact that your arms and upper body aren't fitting as well tells me you are likely gaining muscle mass in that area. Since you are also not losing any weight, it's very likely you are losing small amounts of fat and replacing it with muscle.

I'm sure we can figure out ways to optimize fat loss, if that's what you want.

As for cardio - pretty much anything that gets your heart rate up for 20+ minutes is good cardio. Jumping jacks, aerobics (you can buy or rent a video, or DVR it when it's on TV), elliptical machines, rowing machines, and many other things! Dancing classes, martial arts, picking up a sport. I could go on.

Also, veggies + hummus is one of my favorite snacks. I bag several days worth of veggies, take the hummus to work, and there I go - quick, healthy snacks with protein, carbs, and fat. I approve. The hummus makes the veggies much more flavorful and palatable for me.

I trained my upper body yesterday.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I went on a walk today (probably about a mile), since it was a nice 65 degree day. That is pretty much all I did physically. I've been so very tired. Food has not been my friend today. I ate a lot, but I tried to incorporate lots of fiber, except for the bowl of ice cream I ate. mmmm

I took a Body Fat Composition test in PE on Monday, and I was at 33% body fat. I shrieked when he told me that. I actually thought it would be more than that, but it's still pretty bad. I should probably lay off the ice cream.

Tomorrow I plan on spending a couple hours at the gym.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I totally had chocolate attack today and ate a candy bar and six oreos XD
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Elaur -- a park/trail close by, or if you have a downtown area accessible. I like mixing things up to keep it interesting. When I was a grad student, I loved the outside track because it felt great and is better for the knees than running on asphalt.

Tuesday Report: 40 minutes cardio on elliptical
    Very much on track with eating
    3 back and bicep machines, 20 reps*2 sets each.

Wednesday Report:
    Will report here tomorrow and then walk Thursday through Sunday while traveling.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm just finishing up for the day. I did a lighter workout but still went full time. I'm so glad I didn't allow myself to get down yesterday for missing. And thanks Udog for the encouragement not to work out, it would have been too much for my body. I think I might be getting sick or fighting something :/ I felt sick to my stomach this morning.

I really think I want to start running but it always bothered my knees when I was younger. Of course, I didn't realize that anytime my knees get cold I get joint pain. (2 of my kids are the same way, scary enough)

Running shoes suggestions?