User Tag List

First 456781656106 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

^ Great work kyuuei, wolfy, and Antimony!

I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow for squats, bench, deadlifts (1 set), and dips (most likely machine assisted ). Oh yeah, and my old knee exercises as well.

I'll be curious to hear how sore people will be tomorrow.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

This was a a great idea. On and off I exercise, more on than off still.

But I mean, now it is a competition of sorts, and there is no way in hell I can back down now!
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Heh. Depends - if it's the first time you've exercised in a while, you may want to keep an eye out for tomorrow and the day afterward. If you don't get sore, then that means you can push yourself a might harder. What kind of exercise did you do?
    I've been exercising since last week.

I did wall-sits, some kind of lifting thing (though it was easy and then my shoulder went *crack* and really hurt so I think I did that wrong), leg climbs, push-ups, some weights... drr. things like that.

I was in a lot of pain last week and it only recently stopped this morning -- particularly my left knee.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I've been exercising since last week.

I did wall-sits, some kind of lifting thing (though it was easy and then my shoulder went *crack* and really hurt so I think I did that wrong), leg climbs, push-ups, some weights... drr. things like that.

I was in a lot of pain last week and it only recently stopped this morning -- particularly my left knee.
    As far as lifting, technique is critical, as it's possible to do serious damage. And it's really hard to undo it. Do you have a recreation center or some place you can go to to learn proper lifting form? Also, youtube does provide some resources if that's more your thing.

A trip to the Dr. may not be a bad idea, either. They may be able to offer good advice and make sure your knee is in okay shape. Trust me - you want to take good care of your knees. You'll miss them dearly if they quit working properly.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    As far as lifting, technique is critical, as it's possible to do serious damage. And it's really hard to undo it. Do you have a recreation center or some place you can go to to learn proper lifting form? Also, youtube does provide some resources if that's more your thing.

A trip to the Dr. may not be a bad idea, either. They may be able to offer good advice and make sure your knee is in okay shape. Trust me - you want to take good care of your knees. You'll miss them dearly if they quit working properly.
    It was the muscle above the knee, the one that you use when going up stairs and sitting down.

I'm in a class, so, I guess the teachers are supposed to be monitoring that? I've been corrected a few times.

It just doesn't seem right that I go from struggling up stairs for hours after a workout to completely fine in less than a week.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I did end up going to the gym before my Biology lab. I tried to take it easy, since it's been a few weeks since I've exercised regularly.
    10 minutes on the elliptical
    20 minutes on treadmill (10 minutes at 2 mph 10 minutes at 4 mph) I switched up the incline when i felt like it.
    10 minutes on bike machine thingy
    20 chest fly reps
    20 leg press reps

I think i got my 45 minutes in for the day.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

It was the muscle above the knee, the one that you use when going up stairs and sitting down.

I'm in a class, so, I guess the teachers are supposed to be monitoring that? I've been corrected a few times.

It just doesn't seem right that I go from struggling up stairs for hours after a workout to completely fine in less than a week.
    Are you saying the muscle above your knee (quadriceps) hurt after training for a week then came right?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Are you saying the muscle above your knee (quadriceps) hurt after training for a week then came right?
    It hurt once, then it hurt worse through pilates which really doesn't have anything to do with that muscles, it hurt all weekend, and then it kind of stopped this morning.

So... about Thursday to today.

Keep in mind this was only the left. The other one has been fine.

It hurt once, then it hurt worse through pilates which really doesn't have anything to do with that muscles, it hurt all weekend, and then it kind of stopped this morning.

So... about Thursday to today.

Keep in mind this was only the left. The other one has been fine.
    Go and get it looked at. Like Udog said, look after your knees, you'll miss them when they're gone.

MBTI
    INTP

Got up and worked out first thing this morning. Go, me! We will not discuss the eating plan. :-P
    Something Witty