User Tag List

First 444525354555664104154 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm so tired I'm having to drink a red bull after working out. I think my allergies (and kids) are keeping me up at night so I'm not sleeping well.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Energy is something I struggle with when sleep is fleeting. I'll go through a cycle of time a few times throughout the year where I end up incapable of getting good, long rest for several reasons (stress, busy schedule, mind won't shut the eff up..).

I have no idea if this will help you or not, but I find that it's helped me more energy-wise to work out in the evenings after the day is done with and spend a good 30 minutes doing nothing but cool downs and stretching after the workout. A nice cool shower later you feel tired but good and clean.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ

.8 mi to school

20 min weight training

when do I see improvement?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I went to the gym and did my "A" schedule, and then went for a 60 minute walk in the woods. No harrowing tales of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I'm so tired I'm having to drink a red bull after working out. I think my allergies (and kids) are keeping me up at night so I'm not sleeping well.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I have no idea if this will help you or not, but I find that it's helped me more energy-wise to work out in the evenings after the day is done with and spend a good 30 minutes doing nothing but cool downs and stretching after the workout. A nice cool shower later you feel tired but good and clean.
    This is a good suggestion. Elaur, do you have any down time? Between the workouts, work, etc - do you have any time to just relax, read a book, stretch, do yoga, take a warm bath, or other relaxing activity? Even 30 minutes can make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    .8 mi to school

20 min weight training

when do I see improvement?
    What kind of improvement are you looking for, Hap? And all told, how long have you been doing what you are doing now?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What kind of improvement are you looking for, Hap? And all told, how long have you been doing what you are doing now?
    I've been doing what I've been doing for four weeks now.

I mean anything. My balance hasn't improved, my strength hasn't improved, I haven't lost any weight. I think I'm mostly concerned about this balance. I tried slowing down all the hopping around on one foot we do for this gym class and I still found it extremely difficult just to stay up.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I mean anything. My balance hasn't improved, my strength hasn't improved, I haven't lost any weight. I think I'm mostly concerned about this balance. I tried slowing down all the hopping around on one foot we do for this gym class and I still found it extremely difficult just to stay up.
    4 weeks is enough time to possibly notice a weight change.

4 weeks is enough time to notice increased strength - that actually requires about 2 weeks, and after that muscle size may slowly start to increase. However, we've already talked about how your technique (and lack of proper instruction from your teachers!) may have been keeping you from seeing results there. I wouldn't even count the time spent before you started making adjustments.

I don't know anything about improving balance - that's completely out of my league. Sorry. :\

What is causing you to lose your balance? Is your head spinning or anything like that?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Got my routine done for the week...

It's crazy. On the crunch machine that they have, I went from just doing 30 pounds at first to doing 120 pounds now, and went from just doing 20 reps to doing 80. You are basically lifting the weights WITH your abdominal muscles.

The people that I know have commented on how much bigger I've gotten muscle wise, and how much skinnier I'm looking and just generally how much better I'm looking. I sure am feeling great too.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've been doing what I've been doing for four weeks now.

Just keep walking.

Walk your ass off. Both literally and figuratively.

When I was younger in the 14-16 range, I didn't have a gym, and I remember one summer I felt bad about my weight, so I just exercised by walking and biking. I rode my bike around a lot, just to explore. I also played airsoft.

Make the exercise fun if you don't have a gym.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Haphazard, strength wise it's difficult for me to notice anything until a longer time passes. I've been recently worried about my weight as well, and I didn't notice any changes until I started watching what I ate as well as exercising. If you live a very active lifestyle, you don't need to worry so much about what you eat, but for us that live normal ones diet will be an essential key to noticing weight loss. Also, I'd recommend whatever strength training you're doing to be alternating - One day Less repititions and more weight, and the next the opposite. This will build both endurance and strength. I also recommend working out until muscle failure with strength training, instead of doing repetitions. When you count, you're putting a limit on what you're muscles are capable of. So I'd just test your abilities, record them, and then don't count while you exercise for a week or so. Then come back and test them again and see how you've progressed.

Balance issues can stem a lot from a lack of strengthened core muscles - your abdominals and the muscles in your legs.

Increased abdominal work will help, and working with those huge bouncy-balls will help with balance issues too as they force the muscles that control balance to work. In aerobics class, the instructor said she can always tell who has a strengthened core by the amount of balance people have when they first get on one of those big execise balls.

I would also incorporate lunge work into your walking to help with your legs. They're easily done, hurt fast, and are god-sends for building up leg muscles and they also force you to work out the muscles that control balance in the legs. Like, lunge to a light pole or something, then walk to recover and do it again. Or maybe when you get to a light pole, do 10 pendulum lunges (where your right foot is stationary and your left foot lunges forward.. comes back to the standing position.. then lunges backwards, and goes back to the standing position again.) and then walk to the next light pole and do the other leg.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Oh yeah. Did I mention aerobics kicked my ass today?