• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think MacGuffin did it, ask him, I don't know much about it. As far as programs go there are a lot of solid programs around on the net. I could point you in the right direction if you give me some info on goals, equipment etc.

Wolfy - how about some good beginner workout routines with resistance training?

It's about time I change my A/B schedule, and while I've found alot of good intermediate workout programs, I'm not finding much for beginner stuff.

My goals are 1) Fat loss 2) Muscle/strength building.

wolfy

awsm
Wolfy - how about some good beginner workout routines with resistance training?

It's about time I change my A/B schedule, and while I've found alot of good intermediate workout programs, I'm not finding much for beginner stuff.

My goals are 1) Fat loss 2) Muscle/strength building.

Free weights?

Try this. It looks more advanced than it is. You can get a spreadsheet of the workout here. All Chad Waterbury's workouts are in the spreadsheet the one you want to look at is the first one.

Add in interval work.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Free weights?

:yes:

Right now, this is what I'm doing:

A schedule consists of:
Squats, Bench press, Deadlifts, Dips (machine assisted), inclined situps, hyper extensions

B schedule consists of:
Squats, Standing military shoulder press, Bentover rows, Pullups (machine assisted), inclined situps, hyperextensions.

EDIT in response to your edit: Thanks! Checking it out now.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Okay!
I did my exercise program today!
Yay!

If it wasn't for you guys doing this friendly little competition, I'm sure I wouldn't be exercising... and I really need to... I need to build up my muscle strength and stamina. So thanks... especially to Udog... since this was his bright idea!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ It's so important as age progresses to keep an active lifestyle. :( I'll be prone to osteoporosis, diabetes, and heart conditions when I get older that I'm trying to prevent now. I'm glad to see you're gonna stick to this :D And we're all cheering you on! :static: Every day you complete an exercise is better than none.

As for me, I have weight training to destroy after I get done making this fantastic pumpkin bread.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
.8 mi to school

25 min BUNS OF STEEEEEL!

Tried to be healthy and had a plum and some peanuts for a snack today.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was thinking today about the holiday season being just around the corner and how I inevitably always gain weight during these times..

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm going to have to use a cheat. I need to work out before I watch my niece, drive to and from preschool, work all day online and drive to and from tutoring.

Was that whining obvious or not?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So. Ran one mile straight in weight training class, and ran another run/walk mile after that. Did a few sit ups and arm curls and slipped outta class. It was a quiet demolition.

Tomorrow: Aerobics kickboxing, followed by Commando Krav Maga class.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I got my workout done early today :D

Did half hour on the bike (legs are doing well with it now, I'm glad I waited for them to recover) and did 20 minutes target work with some weights.

wolfy

awsm
I blasted my arms in a short 30 min workout after work. Showing a new trainer some old tricks.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I worked out and met my goals in fitness and academics at the expense of sleep. XD

Tired, but alive.

:ninja:

Oh, and no cheats used.

Sorry for the late reponses each week. I'm online for five minutes at a time for pleasurable activities.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Try this. It looks more advanced than it is. You can get a spreadsheet of the workout here. All Chad Waterbury's workouts are in the spreadsheet the one you want to look at is the first one.

Add in interval work.

Thanks for the links. I think I'm going to spend 2 weeks going to my old routine (back-bi; chest-tri; shoulder-abs; legs) to satisfy my need to revisit my past and see where I am now in comparison to it. After that, I very well may start up this program. It's between this and another "Body Transformation" program I've found.

I have a question first, though. What is your personal recommendation for discovering what my 1 rep max (1RM) is?

wolfy

awsm
I have a question first, though. What is your personal recommendation for discovering what my 1 rep max (1RM) is?

You can either do a 1rm or you can use a calculator online. You will need to do about a 5rm for an accurate result. Any more and the results get a bit skewed.

Here is one.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can either do a 1rm or you can use a calculator online. You will need to do about a 5rm for an accurate result. Any more and the results get a bit skewed.

Here is one.

Since I lack a spotter I'll go for the calculator. :)

Thanks!

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
last sat to today have done 3 days so far.

I have been distracted preparing for a stand up comedy competition- wish me luck tonight!

I read somewhere once that 20 seconds of good hearty laughter is equivalent to 5 minutes of rowing, I have done a lot of rowing this week!

best wishes to all in their exercise goals!
hugs
ladypinkington