User Tag List

First 3846474849505898148 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Been going since 5 am, so I honestly did not have any energy for the gym today. Positive note: I've been running around all day. Must have walked 1-2 hours altogether, if not more, so that's got to count for something.

All these new impressions sort of short circuited my brain though, and I need a bit of a break, so I'm going to relax for a while.

Caloric intake: about 1500 (breakfast: Quark bowl, fruit bowl, coffee with milk, Lunch: whole grain roll with camembert and veggies, 1 L water with grape juice and green tea extract, Dinner: baguette with meat and onions and lettuce. Water intake: about 2-3 L).
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

This doesn't count towards my goals, but I brought in a healthy lunch to work today (chopped chicken breast with chick peas, tomatoes, onions) and then went for a 1.3 mile walk afterward. 'tis progress!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    This doesn't count towards my goals, but I brought in a healthy lunch to work today (chopped chicken breast with chick peas, tomatoes, onions) and then went for a 1.3 mile walk afterward. 'tis progress!
    Absolutely!

For a nice drink substitute, try Green Tea. Helps eliminate antioxidants and has been shown to diminish certain free radicals that can cause cancer.

Almonds are also wonderful nuggets of nutrition. Have been shown to lower risk of heart disease, metabolic trauma and even linked to improving short term memory.

(As an aside, yesterday I ran 2 miles, and did some bicep and pectoral training)

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Nuggets of nutrition. Sounds sexay.

I've done some time on the stationary again (20 minutes w/o keeling over) and about 2 hours of walking, weights, etc.

I ate some kittens though. Blew my carbs right out the window.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I completed my week again, although it was REALLY hard. Never underestimate the effect of good music on the ability to complete a workout! I'm going to be upping my pushups for this week though, they're getting easier.

I lost 1 more pound for a total of 7 during the challenge. Does anyone know why your weight varies so much depending on the time of day? For the purposes of the challenge I weigh in as soon as I wake up on Monday, but just out of curiosity I weighed myself Sunday night as well and I was a full four pounds heavier than the next morning. It's not like I cut off an arm or anything.

Thanks for the cardio articles, Wolfy, they look interesting!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    For a nice drink substitute, try Green Tea. Helps eliminate antioxidants and has been shown to diminish certain free radicals that can cause cancer.

Almonds are also wonderful nuggets of nutrition. Have been shown to lower risk of heart disease, metabolic trauma and even linked to improving short term memory.
    Good tips! I'm 100% with you on both of them, although I didn't know about the memory thing with almonds. Cool. I'm working on weaning myself from my coffee addiction and replacing it with a green tea addiction.

As for the nuts, what I've been doing is mixing cashews, almonds, walnuts, and pecans. Each has their own blend of mono and polyunsaturated fat content, and together average out for a pretty healthy ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I've done some time on the stationary again (20 minutes w/o keeling over) and about 2 hours of walking, weights, etc.

I ate some kittens though. Blew my carbs right out the window.
    Well, not all ways of skinning cats are equal. Remember, there is more than one way, and some of them are friendlier to the carb conscious than others.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I completed my week again, although it was REALLY hard. Never underestimate the effect of good music on the ability to complete a workout! I'm going to be upping my pushups for this week though, they're getting easier.

I lost 1 more pound for a total of 7 during the challenge. Does anyone know why your weight varies so much depending on the time of day? For the purposes of the challenge I weigh in as soon as I wake up on Monday, but just out of curiosity I weighed myself Sunday night as well and I was a full four pounds heavier than the next morning. It's not like I cut off an arm or anything.
    EffEm: What makes your workout REALLY difficult? Is it mostly your shins, or are there other sticking points for you?

When it comes to weight, I'm not sure why it fluctuates so much. Trips to the bathroom and water lost via moisture (esp. breathing), sweating, etc play a big chunk in it. I assume clothes were the same both times you weighed yourself. Otherwise, perhaps it has something to do with the moon and the tides? :confused:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Exercises today:

100 jumping jacks
    40 sit-ups
    44 bicep lifts for each arm
    25 overhead lifts
    20 pushups
    25 behind-the-head lifts
    20 squats
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I completed another week . This one was particularly hard because school
    keeps me extremely busy but I did meet my goals. I'm still having a slight issue with not being able to control myself when I eat. Oh the woes of a compulsive overeater. I dropped one more pound though.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I completed another week . This one was particularly hard because school
    keeps me extremely busy but I did meet my goals. I'm still having a slight issue with not being able to control myself when I eat. Oh the woes of a compulsive overeater. I dropped one more pound though.
    1 pound in 1 week is good, and you should be proud that school didn't knock you off your exercise program.

I highly recommend this article that talks about our relationship with food - it might offer some insight for you:
    Itís Time for a New Relationship With Food

Leave it to an INFP (me, not Scanty) to make something like EATING equivilant to relationships.

MBTI
    istp

Today, I decided to start off my week by doing some interval training by converting 1.5 mile run from 1x10:30 to 3x3:00 with 45 second break in between. Doesn't help overall time but should help aerobic performance... now just have to shave time off the break period until it's gone

the last few months i have been using sleep aids when i need to tweak my sleep cycle, but i am noticing whenever i do this i still feel very sluggish the next morning. think it might be the melatonin... decided to go back to the old way of fixing sleep schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Does anyone know why your weight varies so much depending on the time of day? For the purposes of the challenge I weigh in as soon as I wake up on Monday, but just out of curiosity I weighed myself Sunday night as well and I was a full four pounds heavier than the next morning.
    This is due primarily to water lost through respiration and perspiration, somewhat due to food weight as well. Although it's fine to measure your weight at any time of the day as long as you do it at the same time, the morning is probably the most consistent because you will avoid fluctuations from eating a particularly light or heavy meal.