User Tag List

First 3745464748495797147 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

Wolfy: Do you have any good articles on High Intensity Anaerobic Interval Training?
    Not really, I have a few books but I'd have to type them out. The wikipidea article is a pretty good intro High-intensity interval training. I use the Tabata method a lot and it really works. A lot of people have had success with the Body For Life version of HIIT and it's pretty easy to understand.

Basically just alternate between periods of high intensity cardio and low intensity cardio.

You can put the intervals in the middle of your long duration cardio.
    For example 20 min
    5 min cycling
    4 min tabata
    5 min cycling
    4 min tabata
    2 minutes cycling.

The Body for life program is set up like that too.

Or you can do straight intervals. Like 400 meter sprints, hill sprints and stuff like that. 400 meter sprints take the fat off very fast. I have a good training progression if someone wants to try. But initially the long duration is best and safest.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I did my "A" schedule exercise today and started logging my weights. I also did my 20 minute walk. Then my friend waylaid me with cake. I... I... was powerless. !

So that completes my week 2 with the use of 1 cheat. Considering how crappy I started off (distracting holidays!), I'll take that as a win.

I'm not adding anything major for week 3. My only goal is to continue with the momentum I built Fri/Sat/Sun. That and continue with 1 Blizzard = 1 cheat rule.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Or you can do straight intervals. Like 400 meter sprints, hill sprints and stuff like that. 400 meter sprints take the fat off very fast. I have a good training progression if someone wants to try. But initially the long duration is best and safest.
    Thanks! For now, I'm taking it easy on my knee - which includes no jogging or cycling. However, I'm sure I can figure something out with a stair master, elliptical, or arc trainer. Anyways, I'm planning on saving an advanced technique like that for later when I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with my current routine.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Did all my stuff today. Added a little time to my play list and did some curls with cans of tomatoes (I know I'm a weenie so I'm starting easy), but I need to tweak it to allow time for changing positions. Looking forward to my one little soda when I'm playing WoW in a few.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Weekend statistics:

Number of miles ran: 4 1/2
    Number of miles walked: Close to 10
    Calories consumed a day: Close to 2,000
    Push-ups completed: 56
    Push-ups completed because I was too lazy to prove I had something: 25
    Hours spent cleaning/working: 20
    Number of snowboards set up: 1
    Showers taken: 5
    Number of working showers in the armory: 0
    Number of hair ties ruined by my thick hair: 7

Rainy, muggy weather ftl. But weekend was completed!

Why am I so happy? Because: The jeans that sparked my diet last month.. Fit me. Not just fit.. but fit comfortably.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Weekend statistics:

Number of miles ran: 4 1/2
    Number of miles walked: Close to 10
    Calories consumed a day: Close to 2,000
    Push-ups completed: 56
    Push-ups completed because I was too lazy to prove I had something: 25
    Hours spent cleaning/working: 20
    Number of snowboards set up: 1
    Showers taken: 5
    Number of working showers in the armory: 0
    Number of hair ties ruined by my thick hair: 7

Rainy, muggy weather ftl. But weekend was completed!

Why am I so happy? Because: The jeans that sparked my diet last month.. Fit me. Not just fit.. but fit comfortably.
    Woohoo! That's pretty awesome.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

9/6
    Did a half hour of weights and crunches at a bit after midnight this morning. Breakfast=tea and crackers, lunch=mozarella and olives and some more crackers, dinner=hamburger and a little potato salad. After dinner I jogged/walked the hilly part of my neighborhood, which took a little over an hour. Was very hungry after, so I had potato salad and a handful of almonds.
    Eating: yes
    Exercise: yes, plus extra

9/7
    Got up and tried to go for a swim, but the water was freezing. Breakfast/lunch consisted of potato salad, grapes, and crackers, and a leftover burger. Had a glass of ice cream and almonds for a snack. Went for a half hour hike in the evening, ate a huge carrot and a small slice of pizza for dinner.
    Eating: Pretty poor
    Exercise: yes, but not a full hour

9/8
    Breakfast was leftover pizza, lunch was potato salad, had a snack of tortilla chips and grapes later. For dinner I made oyako don, which was pretty healthy, but overall I would have liked to have eaten better today and last night.
    Eating: only ok
    Exercise: no

9/9
    Um...I seem to have lost 9/9 and 9/10. I can't remember any details about them or why I didn't write anything down...But I didn't exercise and probably only ate ok.

9/11
    Breakfast was cereal, lunch was oatmeal, a carrot, and some pasta. Egg, grits and green beans for dinner.

9/12
    Bagel and pineapple for breakfast, a pretty healthy burrito for lunch, and french fries and sorbet for dinner. Not ideal, but I did get some vegetables and fruit and spent a lot of the day walking around.
    Exercise: some

9/13
    Bagel for breakfast, clam chowder for dinner, an apple with peanuts and carmel (which was delicious bee tee dub).
    Eating: acceptable

TOTAL:
    Exercise: 2/3
    Eating: Okay
    Cheat Day -1

I ate alright this week, but I felt pretty sluggish so I think I should have done better. Also I didn't spread exercise out through the week very well.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENFJ

I did a map quest and figured that I walked about .8 miles every day with a heavy backpack to school.

Should I be counting this?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Ate fine for Fri, Sat and Sunday, but didn't get in all my exercise for the week, so have to claim one cheat day. Busy weekend! Tomorrow is my b'day, but we'll still sqeak in a workout somewhere or other. Lost 2 lbs this week!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    TOTAL:
    Exercise: 2/3
    Eating: Okay
    Cheat Day -1

I ate alright this week, but I felt pretty sluggish so I think I should have done better. Also I didn't spread exercise out through the week very well.
    Thank you for the report!

How is this compared to a couple of week ago? If you are improving, overall, then that is a start. Last week was difficult for me as well (Labor Day threw me off), but this week is a fresh week.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I did a map quest and figured that I walked about .8 miles every day with a heavy backpack to school.

Should I be counting this?
    Yup! Especially because of the extra weight (15-20 pounds?) you carry. I certainly was counting it when I suggested you give yourself a break on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Ate fine for Fri, Sat and Sunday, but didn't get in all my exercise for the week, so have to claim one cheat day. Busy weekend! Tomorrow is my b'day, but we'll still sqeak in a workout somewhere or other. Lost 2 lbs this week!
    Happy Birthday! Congrats on the 2 pounds.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ok, I worked out, even did some weights with my arms.

I'm loving my bike setup. I think I just want a reclining bike now.

I also have been having trouble with my diet (what I'm eating, not that I'm on a diet) - it didnt help that my daughter was selling candy bars for preschool last week :/

Today I picked up a

instead of a

That was a definate choice, I was on my way to starbucks.

Ok, apparently this is Laurie's picture post.