• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
i'm still here :) figured something out. for me, when i was watching every little thing i put in my mouth, i gained. over the weekend i splurged (not crazy but more than i had been eating in the last two weeks) and have lost 7 pounds. soo now I am still cautious, but not being a nazi about it. also on the elliptical 45 mins a day. it was weird because even with the low calorie mixed with exercise last week, you think i'd be losing, right? maybe the starvation mode thing isn't a farce after all. ;)

last night i ate three pieces of weight watchers cheese and a little debbie cup cake thing with a diet coke and it was sooo yummy. since drinking water only and not losing i decided that i'd let myself have two diet cokes a day with water in between. i'm also following some of the biggest loser plan. the dude trainer from tbl was the one who killed me with the side lunges so i figured i'd hang with him for a while. :smile:

also wanted to let everyone know that you're all doing awesome and you're inspiring. :)

Yep, definitely sounds like your body was doing the starvation mode thing. Glad you did the splurge experiment--you'll probably do better in the long run knowing you can live with your diet!

wolfy

awsm
Sometimes a cheat meal can do wonders. 90% sticking to a diet is enough to get results. The worst thing you can do is expect yourself to comply 100% then when you fail go whole hog back to your old habits.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Yes, dieting and I get along well when the strings are lose. Like, I never feel guilty when I 'cheat' when I have room to cheat in the first place. The lack of guilt makes it seem like less of a battle.

Aerobics class had a 1 mile run this morning. I ran with no headphones, booorrriing, but I did it really fast. I was the first one done in our class. :) Even the really in shape boys in our class were behind me. :woot: Then we did some leg and ab work. I pretty much did everything shy of burning the place down.

I think my dad is keeping me eating right. My parents will buy fried chicken, then I save my portion for tomorrow's lunch, and my dad steals it from me before I get home :laugh: so I'm forced to eat healthy food that way.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been busy lately, but last week I got everything done and I'm halfway done with this week's requirements.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I forget if I posted for this past week. I ran three times, plus went rock climbing and hiking. Man, indoor rock climbing is quite the workout. It's pretty hard.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't get on the tredmill until today and did situps today too so I need to be accounted for one cheat day in whatever way you need to do that. I proclaimed to restart Friday [right? correct me if I am wrong], after sickness- but didn't start until today- so if I do it the next 4 days in a row I would still be keeping with my 5 days of a week goal with the addition of the cheat day if that makes any sense. Let me know if I am wrong on that.

All I have is that you were "sick - restarted during week 5". So 1 cheat sounds good to me. I'm glad you are feeling better!

I forget if I posted for this past week. I ran three times, plus went rock climbing and hiking. Man, indoor rock climbing is quite the workout. It's pretty hard.

I hadn't heard from ya yet, so thanks for the update.

Getting in good enough shape to do some rock climbing is one of my goals, actually. It looks really challenging and pretty fun.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
.8 mi to school

20 min weight training. I think I might actually be getting better. o_o

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
.8 mi to school

20 min weight training. I think I might actually be getting better. o_o

:yay:!

If you really want to push yourself, get a small notepad and use it to log your exercises on lifting days. Make it a goal to match or beat the previous workout.

How are the cardio walks coming along? Are those getting any easier?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
:yay:!

If you really want to push yourself, get a small notepad and use it to log your exercises on lifting days. Make it a goal to match or beat the previous workout.

How are the cardio walks coming along? Are those getting any easier?

I don't know, but I think because of walking to school every day, I've learned to walk faster.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Apparently my body is 40% fat.

I don't even know how it works. So I'm entirely made up of fat and water?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :laugh: I'm trying to lower my percentage.. It's listed as one of my goals for weight training class.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Good workout! 45 minutes cardio and 15 minutes weights. The extra time on cardio I added feels good so far. I've been doing mostly upper body weights so far (1 month in a row now!) and I do feel a lot better.

I've noticed that I'm walking faster and up steep hills with far less effort now too.

Tomorrow is Latin aerobics day! Thursday - Tuesday involves the last bit of travel for six weeks or so. Will do a lot of hiking while away so should be good on exercise.

:yay: for us! Thanks everyone for sharing the glories...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My shoulder ached WAY too much to work out today... I slept at a weird angle last night.

So, since I have no more times to go to the gym this week, if I can't make it to the gym then I'll do some sit ups, push ups, and walk/jog some miles instead.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently my body is 40% fat.

I don't even know how it works. So I'm entirely made up of fat and water?

First, remember that most tests for body fat % or notoriously inaccurate. They are useful to determine differences if you can consistently measure it, but I wouldn't count on them to be accurate.

To answer your question, the human body is about 55%-60% water, with fat being around 14% water. (Thanks wikipedia.) Women have higher body fat percentage requirements than guys, and normal is around 20%. (Consider that an estimate, that may be low for your body type.) If a woman wants to go significantly below that, she needs to be very careful about her diet if she wants to remain healthy.

Besides fat, the body also consists of bone and lean tissue. The idea of a healthy body transformation is to reduce fat while increasing muscle mass.