User Tag List

First 3442434445465494144 Last

Listen to what Udog says. It's important to keep your goal manageable. You need to believe you can do it.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Plus it's very possible that 120 will be unhealthy for her. Right now, we have no way of knowing that.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes, it does, actually. I'm about 5'4" -- 108 - 132 lbs. 120 is about in the middle of that, isn't it?
    Some of it will depend on bone structure, though. If you have a larger (or even denser) frame, 120 will be too thin at 5'4". If you have a really petite frame, 120 may still be a bit much. I'd aim for the higher end of the target unless you're just really tiny.

I'm 5' 3", but I'm very small-framed. Even five pounds really shows up on me. Everyone's different.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I missed hearing about your guys' workouts so much while I was internet-less in Trier! Glad to see you joining us, Grayscale.

Kyueii, I feel your pain about the mile. I have been too scared to check if I have gotten any faster at all after attempts at jogging for 6 months.*

I got to a scale today and found out I've gained 5 and a half pounds on vacation so far, and I'm still not leaving 'til Tuesday! Damn you German hospitality and all the cake and the cream.

Wed: Amsterdam walking tour (Van Gogh museum!), no exercise routine. Changing locations all the time gives me an excuse to be lazy and not work out a new workout time and route for each new place. Food = bad.

Thurs: Location change to Trier! Some more touristy walking, but the cold made me so lazy, and couldn't sleep well due to staying with lots of high school students at this ex-dorm sort of thing. Food = no comment, though I did turn down the opportunity to have deep fried anything at a Belgium fast food place.

Fri: Trier self-walking tour! No exercise. Slightly better eating, if you ignore the ice cream sundae. Why are there six ice cream places on every block in Germany?

Sat: Driving along the Mosel river, looking at vineyards, arrive back at Springe. How is it that sitting in a car for 7 hours still doesn't make one less hungry at meal times? Still time to salvage the day, though eating hasn't been too bad, other than the two cups of coffee.

My only health consolation is that I have no boozed it up at all on vacation other than a glass of champagne. Alcohol has lots of non-nutritious calories, right?

*When I get back home, I hope to take a before snapshot of my exercise goals. Timed mile, number of situps, other things- got to be brave enough to see how I am before I can improve!

I also have a tentative workout schedule for myself once school starts (the 21st). Weekdays I will have a 50 minute dance class two days a week, I'll try to get away for hiking weekday (probably Friday), and night jogging the remaining two days. For weekends, I'll have one jog day and then one new random exercise day where I will try out various things- swimming, ice skating, roller blading, and maybe try and convince my friends to play tennis with me or something.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Well, I did not make it to the gym today because it opens at 12:30 pm and closes at 7:00 p.m. Alas, I was unable to make it. But on a positive note, I cleaned the house from 12:00-7:00 (just stopped ugh) doing all kinds of shit like cleaning windows, vacuuming, sweeping floors, scrubbing the tub, cleaning the furniture, organizing shit, doing laundry. No breaks except to drink some water now and again and go to the ladies'. So that's work, lemme tell ya.

Tomorrow the gym opens at 10 a.m. So I'm going to the gym first thing tomorrow before I hit the next round of cleaning tomorrow, which will probably take me just as long.

That's gotta count for something.

Calorie intake so far: 1000

but I'm kind of scared because he told me we were going out to eat today, which will probably make that 2000.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Glycerine

Haphazard, it really has a lot to to with your frame/body type. If you take two 5' 4 tall individuals, one might look absolutely perfect at 108 lbs but for the other individual they might look emaciated (ribs sticking out). Also, 132+ lbs may make one individual look fairly overweight but another person could really fit and slim. It is not a good idea to look at general weight of a particular height as a rule of thumb but just as a guideline.

For me, if I looked at the height/weight charts, I would probably considered "underweight" but my current weight is what is proportional to my body frame/ body type. Also, maybe you can just aim for a weight that makes you the most optimal with your body (not just a number) but at a realistic goal? That weight varies for each individual.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I cleaned the house from 12:00-7:00 (just stopped ugh)
    Seriously, the gym would be more fun!

You are doing awesome, it's very encouraging!

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I definitely would have preferred going to the gym, but I think I kicked some major butt anyway with seven hours of intensive cleaning!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Haphazard, it really has a lot to to with your frame/body type. If you take two 5' 4 tall individuals, one might look absolutely perfect at 108 lbs but for the other individual they might look emaciated (ribs sticking out). Also, 132+ lbs may make one individual look fairly overweight but another person could really fit and slim. It is not a good idea to look at general weight of a particular height as a rule of thumb but just as a guideline.

For me, if I looked at the height/weight charts, I would probably considered "underweight" but my current weight is what is proportional to my body frame/ body type. Also, maybe just aim for a weight that makes you the most optimal with your body but at a realistic goal? That weight varies for each individual.
    I don't understand the charts. I'm definitely more one of these

than one of these

-Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Welcome to the thread! Good luck making your goals.

540A, though? That's early! If you figure out something to motivate yourself to wake up that early, please share it! I'd love to do a morning gym routine, as it's the only time of the day I can guarantee to have to myself. It would require a 445 wakeup time though, and I can't swing that right now.
    it is called an alarm clock! :yim_rolling_on_the_

lol... seriously though, focus on the advantages:

- you get your training done first thing in the day and therefore it always gets done, cant get missed because of something that came up after work

- once you get used to waking up that early and hitting the gym, eventually you just naturally begin to feel more energetic at that time of day, leads to better productivity at work too.

- less people at the gym, your time is better utilized because you never waste time standing around waiting to use equipment

it is saturday, about... 11 minutes 1 hour till noon. i slept in today... damnit but come monday, watch out! off to the gym now.

<anyone else do this on the treadmill?