User Tag List

First 3341424344455393143 Last

Results 421 to 430 of 3324

  1. #421

    Default

    I did a lot of pull ups and push ups. And did some circuit type stuff in the gym aerobics studio after work. I had fun.

  2. #422
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    2nd week done.

    3rd week I'm going to be paying more attention to sleep and food.
    Excellent. There are alot of tricks out there, including going to bed at a certain time and simply resting in utter silence until you sleep (thanks Jenocyde for that suggestion!), waking up at the same time every day for a month, or just going to bed when you are sleepy.

    The last one never works for me because getting on the internet makes me lose my ability to tell how sleepy I really am.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I did a lot of pull ups and push ups. And did some circuit type stuff in the gym aerobics studio after work. I had fun.
    You know, for as much kicking and screaming that I do when I go to the gym, I usually enjoy myself when I get there. Lifting is challenging and requires focus. It's neat to compare the numbers to last week's. And cardio allows me to listen to my music. The walks in the woods are wonderful for a bit of thinking.

  3. #423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    You know, for as much kicking and screaming that I do when I go to the gym, I usually enjoy myself when I get there. Lifting is challenging and requires focus. It's neat to compare the numbers to last week's. And cardio allows me to listen to my music. The walks in the woods are wonderful for a bit of thinking.
    Half of it is showing up. First rule, show up.

  4. #424
    Senior Member Feops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Excellent. There are alot of tricks out there, including going to bed at a certain time and simply resting in utter silence until you sleep (thanks Jenocyde for that suggestion!), waking up at the same time every day for a month, or just going to bed when you are sleepy.

    The last one never works for me because getting on the internet makes me lose my ability to tell how sleepy I really am.
    I'm the same way with the internet. However I now have a secret weapon. Being back in school, I have accounting textbooks to help me sleep.

  5. #425
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Oh wow, that's powerful stuff. Be careful how much of that you use - you'll wake up groggy in the morning.

    On the plus side, they will help you with accounting sheep! (Okay, time for me to lay off the puns for awhile. )

  6. #426
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Good job. Pilates are pretty effective - you should start noticing a difference from those.

    Grayscale offered good advice. It's actually pretty expensive to get accurate body fat measurements. A scale with a body fat % analyzer is the easiest solution, but it's only really good for measuring increase/decrease - they are quite inaccurate.

    You can also go with something like this: Amazon.com: FatTrack PRO Digital Body Fat Management System with FREE Composition Tracker Body Fat Tracking Software: Health & Personal Care

    Although you'll have to learn how to properly use it to do any good, and it's kind of tricky.
    I don't know. I don't have a whole lot of money at the moment, but...

    I keep hearing these girls talk and talk at gym and apparently 120 is 'normal' for my height but looking in the mirror I think losing 50 lbs would be a bit much for my figure.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #427
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't know. I don't have a whole lot of money at the moment, but...

    I keep hearing these girls talk and talk at gym and apparently 120 is 'normal' for my height but looking in the mirror I think losing 50 lbs would be a bit much for my figure.
    Aren't young girls notorious for pushing impossible standards on themselves? You very well may be right that 50 pounds is too much!

    I would trust this more than girls talking a gym, but even this isn't 100%: Guide to Determining Your Ideal Weight - Rush University Medical Center, Chicago

    Does that fall in line with what they are saying? If you are comfortable sharing it, how tall are you?

    Anyway, right now I wouldn't worry about the end game. You've just started exercising really, and it's not reasonable for you to fully know that yet. That knowledge will come as you get to know more about your body. For now, how does focusing on a goal such as 'lose 10-15 pounds' sound?

  8. #428

    Default

    It's interesting to note that guys like girls a little bigger than girls actually think they do. And girls like guys a little less muscular than guys think they do.

  9. #429
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Aren't young girls notorious for pushing impossible standards on themselves? You very well may be right that 50 pounds is too much!

    I would trust this more than girls talking a gym, but even this isn't 100%: Guide to Determining Your Ideal Weight - Rush University Medical Center, Chicago

    Does that fall in line with what they are saying? If you are comfortable sharing it, how tall are you?

    Anyway, right now I wouldn't worry about the end game. You've just started exercising really, and it's not reasonable for you to fully know that yet. That knowledge will come as you get to know more about your body. For now, how does focusing on a goal such as 'lose 10-15 pounds' sound?
    Yes, it does, actually. I'm about 5'4" -- 108 - 132 lbs. 120 is about in the middle of that, isn't it?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #430
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Yes, it does, actually. I'm about 5'4" -- 108 - 132 lbs. 120 is about in the middle of that, isn't it?
    Yes, but it doesn't mean its the best. 132 is valid. If you end up building muscle as your goal states, it's very possible you'll be above 132 and still be very healthy.

    How about keeping it simple. You already have a crazy gym teacher that pushing you way too hard - you don't need to do it to yourself. 10-15 pounds to start, and you can figure out where to go from there. By then you'll have amassed more knowledge.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 12:04 PM
  2. Reflective exercises, assessments and tools
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM
  3. TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?
    By Udog in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and Exercise Program?
    By INTJMom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
  5. Mantra & Exercises to Stimulate Peace and Transpersonal States
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO