• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anything that makes your blood pump is exercise. Sex is exercise.

Hah! This isn't the Sexuality and Mature Topics forum though, so I'd rather not hear how many times people had sex this week. :horor:

wolfy

awsm
Hah! This isn't the Sexuality and Mature Topics forum though, so I'd rather not hear how many times people had sex this week. :horor:

Me neither. Nor how they didn't. That'd be an exercise in frustration.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP

Hmmmm... 1, 2...3... 8136.922476

8136.922476 times this week...

In my head anyway... :D

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me neither. Nor how they didn't. That'd be an exercise in frustration.

It could also bring a new meaning to 'cheating' for the week.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Another week done - missed one bowflex workout as I was on vacation, but substituted it with 10 miles of floating/kayaking and am about to go play golf - :yay: for nice fall weather!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah - I love fall weather!

Increased cardio from 30 min to 35 min (+ 5 min cooldown). Instead of intervals, I set it to "random" and maintained a faster than average rate.

So yeah, that's week 5 for me. :yay:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Well, I certainly don't want people to feel punished when they are seeing positive results, as that's not very motivating.

Since your lifestyle isn't the same as it was when this contest first began, would you want to update your health goals to more accurately reflect that? Say, 2 exercises a week, and put 1 cheat up for stake on the idea of walking and taking more steps when you can. I trust your judgment on if you hold true to the spirit of the goal come the end of the week.

Or if you have other ideas, I'm listening. :)

Yeah, I think that's a good idea--I'm willing to do a workout 4x, but my schedule's just not allowing it right now. I have something every night of the week except for maybe one or two nights. I say, let's modify it to 2x, and if I have time, I'll try to throw in an extra workout.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

Wait, we get to include this now?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ack! Come on people. Calling things cheats are like saying it's always a bad thing. Which isn't necessarily true.

Call it alternative activity.

Just like the occasional piece of chocolate when you are on a diet(another word with negative connotations) isn't a bad thing when the cravings hit. What's bad is when you lose control and eat the whole bar, or box, in one sitting.

Something that makes your blood pump, but isn't necessarily traditional exercise.
Yeah! Listen to the expert! :)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Congratulations to everyone who met their goal this week! :static:

I'm going to the mountains early Tuesday morning,
so I better do my exercise routine M-W-F this week...
unless all that hill climbing and waterfall hunting counts as exercise...
it probably should!
I bet I'll feel it for a couple of days!

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Not bad. I ran my 5k in 24 minutes. I can definitely run faster in warmer weather, and *not* in the morning. But I'm quite happy. Running is running and as long as I finish I'm happy. I just wish they had a coffee station on top of the water station, lol.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think that's a good idea--I'm willing to do a workout 4x, but my schedule's just not allowing it right now. I have something every night of the week except for maybe one or two nights. I say, let's modify it to 2x, and if I have time, I'll try to throw in an extra workout.

Things like going out of your way to add more activity to your daily life (like parking farther away or taking the stairs when possible) can't be neglected. It may not have the wow factor of burning 400 calories in a workout, but over the week it sure adds up.

Which is to say, sounds good to me. :)

Wait, we get to include this now?

No, let's not. I'd make a funny joke here, but I know how you ENFPs are when it comes to finding excuses to talk about your sex lives! :D

Congratulations to everyone who met their goal this week! :static:

I'm going to the mountains early Tuesday morning,
so I better do my exercise routine M-W-F this week...
unless all that hill climbing and waterfall hunting counts as exercise...
it probably should!
I bet I'll feel it for a couple of days!

Yes, count it! Hill climbing is a wonderful form of exercise. You may be too sore Wed to do your workout, even.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh: that was good

1h50 today. btw.
2 yesterday

:eek:

How do you keep yourself occupied for so long? Do you watch TV, read, or listen to something? Or are you that into the workout?

Anyway, impressive.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:eek:

How do you keep yourself occupied for so long? Do you watch TV, read, or listen to something? Or are you that into the workout?

Anyway, impressive.

uh thx, I try to at least do, say 1h20+ a day 5 to 6 times a week.
It all depends on how I feel and how much time I have.

During week days I try to do at least 30 mins in the morning and more in the evening.
And yeah my movie and generally media time is when I do cardio. That's how I find the time.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Eck, you beret wearing, croissant muncher, how are you?

Wanna wrestle?

:D

I'm finee! Thanks, but i should REALLY go to bed as it's like 4am here in croissant land.
And I think you'd probably turn me into a pulp and forcing me to do the unthinkable and actually admiting defeat. :rolleyes:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm finee! Thanks, but i should REALLY go to bed as it's like 4am here in croissant land.
And I think you'd probably turn me into a pulp and forcing me to do the unthinkable and actually admiting defeat. :rolleyes:

Nah, I would make sure your machismo was intact. :D

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Didn't update last week, making up for it now.

Not in great shape. Used a cheat, and workouts are basically struggling to hold steady. (Udog: That's the cheat we already discussed in PM).

Had to close up the apartment windows and turn on the heaters. My sinuses are now kicking my ass. I'm waking up stuffy and lethargic every morning.