First 2836373839404888138 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I need to try a gym, but im scared of new stuff!
    An ENFP scared of 'new'?!

More seriously, why do you want to join the gym? Are you interested in lifting? New cardio exercises? Classes?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Did not go to gym - break day

Did walk around a hell of a lot (at least 1 hour, maybe more, coolness)

Total caloric intake: about 1500
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Gym class did some fitness calculator stuff instead of exercise today, which was probably good because my ankles still hurt like hell after yesterday.

The computer recommended I do 1.5 miles at 3 mph this week 3-6 days, but I don't think my teacher will allow me to do that.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no 'I'll start tomorrow.' Tomorrow is disease." V.L. Allineare

Okay, so I hit the grocery store today, but went out to eat and had a nice dessert. (Not a Blizzard.) Looking at the above quote, I have decided Friday, tomorrow, will become 'today'. I won't be perfect, but no more excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I've been doing well with exercising, but i'm having major food problems. when i come home stressed from school i want to eat, and exercising seems to make me 20 times hungrier, so i've been consuming A LOT of food, and it hasn't all been healthy or small portions.
    Since you are exercising, it's actually okay to eat more. Just weigh yourself, keep an eye on your measurements, or pay attention to how your clothes fit. Any one of those will tell you if you are eating too much, and you can adjust.

A general dietary rule: If there is food in your house, you will eventually eat it. It's actually easier to replace unhealthy foods with healthier alternatives than to play the 'will power' game in your own home.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Just did my workout. Didn't pull any muscles by accident then time.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Walked, did crunches, drank less than one can of diet soda, ate some yummy (sweetened) grapefruit.

Will doing crunches and stuff reduce my belly fat even if I don't lose weight? Or should I try to lose weight, too? I'm at the high end of normal for my height and frame, so I guess it wouldn't hurt.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Your abs will build muscle from crunches, but you won't see that muscle until you lose the fat around it. Working your stomach out can stimulate fat loss in those areas, but overall fat loss of the body is what will give you any definition. But everything you do is much better than nothing. Keep it up
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Just did my workout. Didn't pull any muscles by accident then time.
    Hah! Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Will doing crunches and stuff reduce my belly fat even if I don't lose weight? Or should I try to lose weight, too? I'm at the high end of normal for my height and frame, so I guess it wouldn't hurt.
    No - crunches will not reduce belly fat unless you are losing fat in general. Unfortunately, you can't control where fat gets removed. Genetics and sometimes irony () play the biggest factors in that.

Do you consider yourself to be in a place where you want to lose weight? The high end of normal range is still within normal range. You can still get healthier without necessarily losing weight... EDIT: Hah, what Kyuuei said.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Walked, did crunches, drank less than one can of diet soda, ate some yummy (sweetened) grapefruit.

It won't neccessarily reduce your belly fat if your belly is where you fat distribution concentrates. Just like only working my legs probably won't reduce the fat there. Exercising will reduce the fat in your belly regardless of what specific exercise you do. So if you ran a lot, you'd reduce belly fat. If you did crunches only, you'd reduce belly fat. If you did lots of push-ups, you'd reduce belly fat. What the specific exercise will do, though, is build the muscles that are being used.

Or: What the other two said.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    If you did lots of push-ups, you'd reduce belly fat. What the specific exercise will do, though, is build the muscles that are being used.
    Everyone has six pack abs, but you have to have a pretty low body fat percentage for them to actually show.