User Tag List

First 2634353637384686136 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Totally demolished my workout class today.. But I am sad to report I'm not much faster on my official run times. 10 minutes for a mile. All the running I've been doing and I'm at the same speed.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I need a cheat day today.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    194 BPM? Holy crap! That's an insane workout. If it's an option, feel free to cut back on that a bit.

Here are a couple of terms: Max heart rate, and Target Heart rate.

Max Heart rate = 220 - (Your age). So for someone your age, 200 is essentially your max heart rate.

Target Heart Rate is what you want to strive for in training. It's Max Heart Rate * % intensity. So if you were 20, it would be (220 - 20) * .5 = 100.

Generally, the higher the intensity the better the cardio workout, but the less fat you burn. A lower intensity will burn a higher percentage of fat, but not be as good a cardio exercise. Since I don't feel like checking my books, I'll just go with wikipedia and say that .5 - .85 is the desired intensity range.
    Actually I've got to speed up because the max time I was supposed to get was 15 minutes. Apparently, if I'm not under 15 minutes/mile, I'm not getting a cardio workout.

I could really care less about burning fat compared to cardio. All I want is that when I move into college next year I can do my own heavy lifting.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Totally demolished my workout class today.. But I am sad to report I'm not much faster on my official run times. 10 minutes for a mile. All the running I've been doing and I'm at the same speed.
    My guess is that you need to push yourself harder with that specific activity, as your body has likely adjusted to a pace. You'll be surprised how challenging it will be when you decide to run a bit faster, because the quickened pace will call into action muscles that get to take it easy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Actually I've got to speed up because the max time I was supposed to get was 15 minutes. Apparently, if I'm not under 15 minutes/mile, I'm not getting a cardio workout.
    I thought we largely agreed on the fact that your gym teacher is sort of an idiot.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I thought we largely agreed on the fact that your gym teacher is sort of an idiot.
    She's in denial that fat people exist.

Okay, here it is:

Goal: Become strong, self-reliant woman

Step #1: Be able to do the heavy lifting. No really.

While my brother was away at school, that left me, my mother, and my (severely overweight) father. None of us could lift heavy things. That's a horrible and scary predicament to be in. The only way to guarantee that it will never happen again is by making it so that I am the one who can do it.

Also, a lot of the colleges I am applying to have huge, hilly campuses so this cardio is not going to waste, either.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Ate pretty well today. Veggies at every meal, 2 egg breakfast (yeah, no separating out the yolks, but since I don't eat a ton of meat and that's the main thing I have for breakfast, I think it'll be alright). Caved and had a Coke today, so that's my Coke for this week. Need to bring a snack to school tomorrow so I don't do that after school. Did Jillian and sweated. Lots of walking around school. Had more water, but still didn't quite hit 2L yet. (Although, it's only 10!)

MBTI
    INTx

My workplace is trying to get me fat.

Today was snack day.
    Tomorrow is pizza day.

I'm going to have to start skipping these if I'm to have a prayer.

Enneagram
    9w8

Got back from gym, one hour of medium level weight lifting, though always done to failure - then stretching. Came home, opened large container of whey protein to get hit in the face with the scent of... vanilla. Strong, strong vanilla. I accidentally bought the wrong kind. I think it lodged in my nostrils permanently. There is nothing wrong with vanilla, but it does not go well with certain things, including but not limited to my stomach.

So yes, workout definitely done for today, and time to go cook a nice cut of pork chop.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

A good quote I stumbled upon today. I would do well to remember it.

"When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no 'I'll start tomorrow.' Tomorrow is disease." ó V.L. Allineare

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Goal: Become strong, self-reliant woman

Step #1: Be able to do the heavy lifting. No really.
    You are doing good, Hap. At this rate you'll be ready to hit some serious lifting exercises by the end of this all.

When you are ready to start lifting, I suggest visiting http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ng-thread.html. There are some very knowledgeable people here, and I bet they'll be happy to help you get started. It's not as intimidating as it initially looks! The basics aren't that complicated, and in fact I think alot of people do harm by making it more complicated than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Had more water, but still didn't quite hit 2L yet. (Although, it's only 10!)
    You know, everyone is different. If you aren't feeling thirsty or hungry (thirst can sometimes be confused for hunger), then perhaps you don't need to hit 2L. Just be sure to drink plenty of fluids during your exercise periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    My workplace is trying to get me fat.

Today was snack day.
    Tomorrow is pizza day.

I'm going to have to start skipping these if I'm to have a prayer.
    Your workplace rocks! Yeah, it's a little bit evil as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged View Post
    I accidentally bought the wrong kind. I think it lodged in my nostrils permanently. There is nothing wrong with vanilla, but it does not go well with certain things, including but not limited to my stomach.
    Oh, I love vanilla whey. Of course, what brand you get is very, very important. Some of them are pretty good, and some of them will destroy your will to live.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You're right Udog.. I just thought I WAS pushing myself lately! I thought for sure I was gaining speed and momentum, it really felt like I was doing this faster and faster and really I've been going the same speed the whole time I've never been a fantastic runner, but I DID get first place of all the women and 4th place overall in the 1 mile run in Weight Training class.. so that's a slight boost of confidence.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge