ENFJ

20 minutes weight training.

Gaaah wall sits.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Okay, reporting in for Friday-Mon. I ate well for the whole time, with the exception of a goodbye dinner at Venice House for an old man in our church who was getting married. Even so, veggies at every meal. Breakfast every day. Need to keep upping water amounts. Coke in check. Exercise was limited to walking and chasing my brother's kids. My 4 year old nephew is with us for a week and my 16 year old cousin is still up for being my exercise partner, so this week looks like it should go alright. Already went for a walk at lunch today.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

All right! Did my workout.

Increased the number of overhead lifts by 5.
    Increased the number of bicep lifts by 3.

Am working on trying to do lifts and squats slower as that is much harder.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I hit Sams Club and purchased some high quality frozen fruits (for smoothies, they go with vanilla whey protein), eggs, and spinach. Combine that with cheese and an onion, and I have my breakfast taken care of. I will grocery shop for everything else Wed or Thurs. I have some veggie burgers and frozen veggies to hold me over till then.

If I have the energy, I'll hit the gym tomorrow after my lesson and visiting grandma. It'll be an 8 o'clock workout, but it will be the only way to avoid using a cheat this week.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Okay, so I am going to up the stakes for myself officially. I'm involving my diet again.. loose terms, going straight-up be kcal intake and substitutions, so nothing really huge at all. Just eventually have all my food add up to 1300 kcal. Ideally: 200 snack, 300 breakfast, 200 snack, 400-500 dinner, 200-100 snack/dessert. I'm going to bake snacks ahead of time so there's no thinking about what's how many calories or w/e. Starting the day out right too: 200 kcal breakfast snack is an orange, strawberry, banana smoothie just under 200 kcal.
    Kyuuei, I just noticed some of the specifics in this post.

With how active you are, it's possible that 1300 calories may not be enough. If you dip too low, you may actually make it harder for you to lose weight.

Are you having trouble losing weight, despite all your activity? If not, I wouldn't change your calorie intake just yet. If it were me, I'd wait until I reached a plateau to change something like that. Although I think the food improvements are a wonderful idea!

MBTI
    INTP

Sounds good, Udog! I want a smoothie! I bought some papaya the other day, and I may try to make a smoothie out of that and soy milk, plus whatever I have around.

Only did 1 ICEE again today. I think I can do this! It will be easy to resist them once I start losing a couple of pounds. Have rehearsal tonight, so I may or may not work out, but will have plenty of time this week to get my 4x in. Bought some asparagus, apples and broccoli today, and am eating Amy's Organic Veggie Pot Pie. Yum!

Edited to add:

Tip: Apple & Eve makes little 4 oz apple juice boxes, completely organic, no sugar added. They're calcium-fortified, and have 100% Vitamin C (maybe for a kid, I don't know). They have the added bonus of having Big Bird on the box. Anyway, I like them b/c they're healthy, and they give me a serving of juice without contributing significantly to my sugar intake.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Sounds good, Udog! I want a smoothie! I bought some papaya the other day, and I may try to make a smoothie out of that and soy milk, plus whatever I have around.

Only did 1 ICEE again today. I think I can do this! It will be easy to resist them once I start losing a couple of pounds. Have rehearsal tonight, so I may or may not work out, but will have plenty of time this week to get my 4x in. Bought some asparagus, apples and broccoli today, and am eating Amy's Organic Veggie Pot Pie. Yum!
    Oh, I've never had a smoothie with papaya OR soy milk. Let us know how it turns out. Raw pecans (only a small amount, calories add up quickly) are also an interesting addition to certain flavors. And as hard as it is to believe, spinach goes well with quite a few fruits, and it's a good way to sneak in some veggies.

As far as the ICEE, according to Burger King's website there are only 110 calories for the small Coke one. That's actually not too bad as a single cheat! (If you don't drink any for a month, you'll have saved 1 pound's worth of calories. I'd probably pick the ICEEs as well.)

Tip: Apple & Eve makes little 4 oz apple juice boxes, completely organic, no sugar added. They're calcium-fortified, and have 100% Vitamin C (maybe for a kid, I don't know). They have the added bonus of having Big Bird on the box. Anyway, I like them b/c they're healthy, and they give me a serving of juice without contributing significantly to my sugar intake.
    Sounds good. This is the part where I don't admit how giddily amused I was to discover Donald Duck Orange Juice. For awhile, I lived off of a drink consisting of 1/2 OJ (Donald Duck, of course), 1/2 Pineapple Juice, and a dash of grenadine for good measure. Delicious, but sugary!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okie, Udog says I'm supposed to post how many times in a week I do my little mini workout. I feel a little weird when people are talking about all this stuff (i don't even know what elliptical or whatever means! )

But anyway, last week I managed to do it one day, and one day so far this week, but it's Tuesday so there's a good chance I can get it in at least one more time this week. I'd like to get it to where I'm regularly doing it 3 times a week, I think I should be able to do that much.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Okie, Udog says I'm supposed to post how many times in a week I do my little mini workout. I feel a little weird when people are talking about all this stuff (i don't even know what elliptical or whatever means! )
    It's a machine that simulates a cross between bike and cross country skiing. Since it works upper and lower body, it uses a decent amount of calories (if done correctly). It's also popular because it's easy on the joints.

Here's a Jeffster friendly video to give you an idea. The ones at the gym look a bit different, but this one has a cute chick in it : YouTube - Fitness and Exercise Equipment: Effective Elliptical Machine

But anyway, last week I managed to do it one day, and one day so far this week, but it's Tuesday so there's a good chance I can get it in at least one more time this week. I'd like to get it to where I'm regularly doing it 3 times a week, I think I should be able to do that much.
    Sounds like a good start. If it helps, feel free to make a post saying "I just finished my workout". For whatever reason, it can be rewarding to log in and say that you finished your exercise for the day.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Kyuuei, I just noticed some of the specifics in this post.

With how active you are, it's possible that 1300 calories may not be enough. If you dip too low, you may actually make it harder for you to lose weight.

Are you having trouble losing weight, despite all your activity? If not, I wouldn't change your calorie intake just yet. If it were me, I'd wait until I reached a plateau to change something like that. Although I think the food improvements are a wonderful idea!
    I have the metabolism of a rock. I'm really bad about the way I eat is the problem. I'll either eat tons of calories throughout the day, or one measley meal. Keeping in mind these numbers are loose.. when I say "200".. I mean "2__" where the zero can be any number. All I'm doing is the same diet I've been working on, only re-arranging the meals.

If you heard the rockin' breakfast sandwich I made this morning You'd feel fine. And I had two awesome sloppy joe sandwiches with pickles for dinner and I'm about to indulge in a dessert milkshake. Thank you for your concern though. 1300 strict would sound really vigorous >.< I should word my stuff better!!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Well, my 16 year old cousin Joey and I are taking pictures of our progress every Monday. She's now my 30 Day Shred partner and so we did it again today. Lots of green stuff and some lean protein today. Had potatoes (with gravy - I know!) for supper tonight and veggies. Need to bump up the water intake. Oh hey! Down 2 lbs this week and resisted the urge for a Coke after school today.