• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My butt isn't hurting on the bike anymore. Did I get big callouses? Is my butt somehow impossibly flatter than it was before?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm just finishing up for the day. I did a lighter workout but still went full time. I'm so glad I didn't allow myself to get down yesterday for missing. And thanks Udog for the encouragement not to work out, it would have been too much for my body. I think I might be getting sick or fighting something :/ I felt sick to my stomach this morning.

I really think I want to start running but it always bothered my knees when I was younger. Of course, I didn't realize that anytime my knees get cold I get joint pain. (2 of my kids are the same way, scary enough)

I agree with Ergophobe on the running shoe suggestions and web site. The entire post was great. I had several of my Nutrition & Exercise college professors recommend that exact site, magazine, and strategy back when I was in school.

Also, since you had problems with your knees in the past, be very careful... PLEASE. Jogging is brutal on the knees, and I don't feel I'm going too far in suggesting you see a doctor before you hit hard jogging up.

However, since I know that's not realistic :)D), here are some suggestions:

1) Good shoes can make a big difference, especially if you pronate or suppinate.
2) For every pound you gain, you are putting about 4 pounds of extra stress on your knee. Ignoring that was part of what caused my knee injury.
3) Start off with intervals, as that will reduce the chance of injury. A simple example would be to walk for 4 minutes, jog for 1, walk for 4, jog another. Over time you can increase your jogging lengths.

I hope that helps. :)

As for your sickness, I hope you are feeling better soon.

like wolfy, i worked on upper body yesterday too. my lower body is pretty good but i also need to work on core which i did along side upper body yesterday.

:yay: I'm very happy to see you back - I was afraid we lost you! :D

I agree, aspartame makes me hungry as well.

My butt isn't hurting on the bike anymore. Did I get big callouses? Is my butt somehow impossibly flatter than it was before?

This is normal. Your weak flabby soft tissue became mighty soft tissue, and no longer fears the bike seat.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was going to do that with every day or every week but my "beginning" picture was taken by my 4 year old. I didn't want to try do that every day, it was an experience. I was just going to go for every month.

Or I could stop using excuses and get a tripod. Naw, I like the off center crooked pics my kid took.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was going to do that with every day or every week but my "beginning" picture was taken by my 4 year old. I didn't want to try do that every day, it was an experience. I was just going to go for every month.

Or I could stop using excuses and get a tripod. Naw, I like the off center crooked pics my kid took.

That's a perfect beginning picture. I remember dwelling on the fine art of a beginning picture awhile back. It's imperative that you do everything in your power to make it look as crappy as possible. That way, when you compare it to the After picture, the transformation will be more dramatic. :yes:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok, finished for today. I really really love getting my workouts done in the morning before anything else. Happy me!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm done for the week as of today.

But I've decided I'm going to do some more working out at home, fill some gallon jugs with water and do some crunches while holding those etc. Do some push ups, pull ups, go on a walk. Just so I don't lose it over the weekend.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
i'm doing awesome, as I know udog was wondering and having dreams about me and baby oil.
My endurance started seriously going down for a few days but I think it's pretty fixed by now, I lacked glucose (had fructose instead for a while)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm doing awesome, as I know udog was wondering and having dreams about me and baby oil.

Nope, but I am going to now. Damn you, you sexy beast.

My endurance started seriously going down for a few days but I think it's pretty fixed by now, I lacked glucose (had fructose instead for a while)

When I was in school, they taught that it only took 3 days of inactivity for you to start losing cardio fitness.

Were you eating foods with high fructose corn syrup? (I'm just wondering how you got all the fructose without much glucose.)

MBTI Type
INTJ
I started working out in the morning before work today. I've found it's just so hard to be motivated to work out when I get home at 8pm after an 11 hour day. I just want to have some dinner and veg out.

It'll be hard to adjust to the morning, because it means I have to go to bed earlier. I have trouble falling asleep at night, and it will also cut into my chat time. But I think it's ultimately the best thing.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I started working out in the morning before work today. I've found it's just so hard to be motivated to work out when I get home at 8pm after an 11 hour day. I just want to have some dinner and veg out.

It'll be hard to adjust to the morning, because it means I have to go to bed earlier. I have trouble falling asleep at night, and it will also cut into my chat time. But I think it's ultimately the best thing.

Man, I could have made that post. (Although, wow. 11 hour days sounds brutal.) This week is going to crash and burn for me at 2 cheats, and it's enough to make me realize I need to start doing my workouts in the morning if I desire consistency. Although that means waking up at 4:45.

I have the same problems with sleeping at night, though. Late night foruming and chatting will need to be given up for the greater good.
emot-clint.gif

I do know from previous experience that after about 2 weeks it'll be likely that you'll sleep easier and better. Just prepare yourself for a brutal 2 weeks - it's going to be a fight.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Yesterday I didn't go to the gym, I instead did a workout DVD.

Demolished Aerobics class again today as scheduled. We did all floor work and exercise ball work, two of my weaker points, so I felt really good to complete it all without quitting. I think I've leveled up. :D

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Oh! Sheisse, have to actually post.

I worked out last night. Need to switch to a different routine.

Udog, ye asked a couple of questions over the past week t'me...

For the fun workouts, I've done things that most avoid due to an excess of dignity: climbing trees, taking a walk with no regard to property lines (i.e., always climbing fences and going through any obstacle I find unless electrified or somesuch) or dancing/wrestling with my dogs for a half hour.

As for weight lifting, I do full body sometimes, focussing on major groups before doing isolations (i.e. targeting a specific muscle group), with a stress on free weights and ones that use one's own body weight (i.e., dips, plio pushups and the like). I could list out the entirety in an itemized fashion, if ye'd like.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Didn't exercise yesterday, but I ate well. Lots of veggies and good protein. Going to work out tonight after practice.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
is 1300 calories too few to eat in a day? i plan on working out later tonight and burning around 600.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is 1300 calories too few to eat in a day? i plan on working out later tonight and burning around 600.

I would say so, especially with an intense workout.

My suggestion is to start a bit higher and work your way down, calorie wise. Too few calories will make your body think there isn't enough food, and it will actually slow down your metabolism to conserve energy. Which in turn makes it harder for you to lose fat.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I would say so, especially with an intense workout.

My suggestion is to start a bit higher and work your way down, calorie wise. Too few calories will make your body think there isn't enough food, and it will actually slow down your metabolism to conserve energy. Which in turn makes it harder for you to lose fat.
ok thanks. :) so how many should I be consuming? like how many calories to people need? i've done well this week. *pats back* :smile: ooo and NO SODA! but i can't give up coffee. haven't had a cup today and have a headache. :/