User Tag List

First 229279319327328329330331 Last

Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3324

  1. #3281
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Started running again last wed.

    I've been trying to do it 6 days a week.

    Already lost 4 lbs.

  2. #3282
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Yesterday was my day off, but today after getting back from Easter festivities with the fam, I went for my daily run.

    It didn't go as well today, but I'll chock that up to just getting back with a full stomach of holiday food before I went jogging.

  3. #3283
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Ran again today.

    Cardio is a little better.

    Pain in legs still catches up with me during the second leg.

    The daily experiment in public shaming continues.

  4. #3284
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Just got back from my daily run.

    I improved again today, but my legs hurt like a son of a bitch.

    *wonders if six days a week is overdoing is for a beginner*

    I officially own this page of the thread. It might as well be my exercise blog.

  5. #3285
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I improved again today, but my legs hurt like a son of a bitch.

    *wonders if six days a week is overdoing is for a beginner*
    Probably unless you're running slow for pretty short distances.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  6. #3286
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Just got back from my daily run.

    I improved again today, but my legs hurt like a son of a bitch.

    *wonders if six days a week is overdoing is for a beginner*

    I officially own this page of the thread. It might as well be my exercise blog.
    It depends on the surface you're running on. 6 days in a row on pavement is tough on any runner's knees and joints. Asphalt is preferable to paved sidewalk, but a dirt trail is really the best if you're running 6 days a week. You might roll an ankle more easily on a trail at the beginning, but in the long run the bumps and roots will only strengthen your feet.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  7. #3287
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    It depends on the surface you're running on. 6 days in a row on pavement is tough on any runner's knees and joints. Asphalt is preferable to paved sidewalk, but a dirt trail is really the best if you're running 6 days a week. You might roll an ankle more easily on a trail at the beginning, but in the long run the bumps and roots will only strengthen your feet.

    It's on asphalt/sidewalk.

    I do go slow, but it's between 1.5 an 2 miles.

    I just grit my teeth and go through the pain as much as I can.

    I guess my desire for results outweighs my desire for self preservation.

  8. #3288
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I just grit my teeth and go through the pain as much as I can.

    I guess my desire for results outweighs my desire for self preservation.
    As someone who has watched a number of people develop stress fractures, I would advise against that and check your desire for results before you can't run at all.

    It's one thing to be talking about normal muscle soreness, but beyond that it simply isn't healthy and it doesn't just go away. There's nothing wrong with forcing yourself to go slower/shorter than you think you can to give your body a chance to get used to it.

    Of course, if it is just muscle soreness then carry on.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  9. #3289
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    As someone who has watched a number of people develop stress fractures, I would advise against that and check your desire for results before you can't run at all.

    It's one thing to be talking about normal muscle soreness, but beyond that it simply isn't healthy and it doesn't just go away. There's nothing wrong with forcing yourself to go slower/shorter than you think you can to give your body a chance to get used to it.

    Of course, if it is just muscle soreness then carry on.
    I think I'll take today off to rest up the legs.

  10. #3290
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Why not just watch what you eat and cut the exercise back to 3-4 days a week?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 12:04 PM
  2. Reflective exercises, assessments and tools
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM
  3. TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?
    By Udog in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and Exercise Program?
    By INTJMom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
  5. Mantra & Exercises to Stimulate Peace and Transpersonal States
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO