Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Wednesday: Zumba

I keep doing my Zumba with Creative Cardio. It's been ages since I've been to my gym, though I said I'd rejoin. I can't make up my mind!
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Enneagram
    9w8

I'll help with the highjacking.

This morning: badass workout. HOOAH.

Two days ago: also a badass workout. Hoo-AH.

Both weight lifting sessions.

MBTI
    STP

Great motivational idea.

I'm starting a daily workout that I plan to continue for the rest of my life (no joke) just because I don't think there's any excuse not to and even for fit people exercise is a necessary component of emotional health.

I'll be working out 6 days a week no exceptions. The workout itself is a compilation of the the most effective exercises I've been able to find and balanced to cover every muscle with a focus on endurance and having dense, lean muscle including cardio-vascular strength. I know strength training is usually popular for men but I find the only benefit is appearance and for me it doesn't even accomplish that as it's too bulky. In fact, I won't be using any weights at all, it's strictly calisthenic, as this eliminates the possibility of imbalances in either weight-to-rep ratio or muscle groups and is also a more effective in day-to-day needs as a workout is an essentially artificial version of the same thing.

Also, because I won't be using artificial weights I don't have to split the workout up over the week. It will be the same thing every day, which sounds boring to some people but to me I prefer to stick to the best and perfect it.

Tomorrow is my first day. I'm starting with a light warm-up stretch, followed by walking and running in interval format, followed by a PT program which consists of a variety of calisthenics covering the whole body. I'll finish with pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and dips in pyramid format, followed by a protein shake, GoLean cereal, and skim milk.

I want to say, let's see how long this lasts, but I'm just gonna kick my butt to do it everyday until it's fun. Again, great idea and one I'm glad to be a part of.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Saturday Evening: Zumba/Dancing. 30 Pushups
    Sunday: Latin Dance Bootcamp. Walking.

I need to stop being an alchie on my nights at Spicy's. It's just not necessary, even if I fear the dancefloor when it is dead. Just not worth it. Nope nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    I'll help with the highjacking.

This morning: badass workout. HOOAH.

Two days ago: also a badass workout. Hoo-AH.

Both weight lifting sessions.
    Awesome! Yay hijacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwn86 View Post
    Great motivational idea.

I'm starting a daily workout that I plan to continue for the rest of my life (no joke) just because I don't think there's any excuse not to and even for fit people exercise is a necessary component of emotional health.

I'll be working out 6 days a week no exceptions. The workout itself is a compilation of the the most effective exercises I've been able to find and balanced to cover every muscle with a focus on endurance and having dense, lean muscle including cardio-vascular strength. I know strength training is usually popular for men but I find the only benefit is appearance and for me it doesn't even accomplish that as it's too bulky. In fact, I won't be using any weights at all, it's strictly calisthenic, as this eliminates the possibility of imbalances in either weight-to-rep ratio or muscle groups and is also a more effective in day-to-day needs as a workout is an essentially artificial version of the same thing.

Also, because I won't be using artificial weights I don't have to split the workout up over the week. It will be the same thing every day, which sounds boring to some people but to me I prefer to stick to the best and perfect it.

Tomorrow is my first day. I'm starting with a light warm-up stretch, followed by walking and running in interval format, followed by a PT program which consists of a variety of calisthenics covering the whole body. I'll finish with pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and dips in pyramid format, followed by a protein shake, GoLean cereal, and skim milk.

I want to say, let's see how long this lasts, but I'm just gonna kick my butt to do it everyday until it's fun. Again, great idea and one I'm glad to be a part of.
    How has it gone so far?
    You're definitely correct about emotional health. I am so much happier since I've been exercising pretty consistently over the past year, especially having found things I enjoy doing. I try not to designate a certain number of days to exercise, because disappointment in one's self can go both ways- either becoming a strong motivator, or a strong source of defeat. Do what works for you, and definitely keep posting in here about it . Motivation!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP

Ran 1 mile, then swam 1 mile, then walked 1 mile

I haven't logged any exercise in here for a long time...

Monday: Did overhead presses and chins in the afternoon. Gave a weights lesson (body pump) in the evening.
    Tuesday: Did deadlifts and some back work, rowing.
    Wednesday: Gave a pump lesson.
    Thursday: Gave a stretch lesson and a bodyweight circuit lesson.
    Friday: Benched and did some other chest stuff. Stretched for half an hour.
    Saturday: Gave a pump lesson and ate tons at a yakiniku restaurant.
    Sunday: Lay on the floor watching cartoon network and superbikes.

My weights program template is Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 atm.

MBTI
    INTP

Today I swam 1 mile and did a big huge number of sit-ups

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Getting back on the bike after 1 week of rest, my joints were feeling achey. 70 miles yesterday, 3000 ft uphill
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP

Played kick the can with 2 cans and 3 other humans all across town for an hour

Something a little different... Definitely some kind of workout

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I failed at life for a week due to sickly feelings.

Tuesday: Zumba & Zumba Practice

Felt a little like death during yesterday's zumba, but was fine after I took a breather. More tonight, which I'm looking forward to. I'm feeling a bit lazy, but I'm still congested and haven't been eating the healthiest during sick time. A few people complimented me on weight loss in the past two weeks though . It made my soul happy, and will be used as motivation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]