User Tag List

Page 32 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: TypeC Exercise Challenge and Contest

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    First point of call is finding a new exercise routine as I just left my gym, I've been looking at a Krav Maga place that also incorporates Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Eskrima and Wing Chun into their training program instead of a gym as it sounds fun so next week I plan on checking out their three trial classes that they offer. There's also an Aikido place that is worth checking out to compare with. Further to that I want to find somewhere that offers either yoga or reformer pilates.
    Booked into a Yoga class tomorrow night which is run 1-2 times each week and a Krav Maga class next Saturday (hopefully) which is run 1-3 times each week. Can't do much more till I test em both out.

MBTI
    INTP

Worked out, only had small ICEE, and ate really well today.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Okay, so I am going to up the stakes for myself officially. I'm involving my diet again.. loose terms, going straight-up be kcal intake and substitutions, so nothing really huge at all. Just eventually have all my food add up to 1300 kcal. Ideally: 200 snack, 300 breakfast, 200 snack, 400-500 dinner, 200-100 snack/dessert. I'm going to bake snacks ahead of time so there's no thinking about what's how many calories or w/e. Starting the day out right too: 200 kcal breakfast snack is an orange, strawberry, banana smoothie just under 200 kcal.

Yesterday's sunburn from the beach made it impossible to lift my shoulders so workout DVD was out, but I did do vigorous manual labor to make up for it (washed, vacuumed, cleaned and polished three vehicles.) for about 2 hours. On my way to aerobics class right now.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Okay, so I am going to up the stakes for myself officially. I'm involving my diet again.. loose terms, going straight-up be kcal intake and substitutions, so nothing really huge at all. Just eventually have all my food add up to 1300 kcal. Ideally: 200 snack, 300 breakfast, 200 snack, 400-500 dinner, 200-100 snack/dessert. I'm going to bake snacks ahead of time so there's no thinking about what's how many calories or w/e. Starting the day out right too: 200 kcal breakfast snack is an orange, strawberry, banana smoothie just under 200 kcal.
    Good thinking on challenging yourself a bit harder.

The thing I realized during week 1 is that my exercise stood in stark contrast to the rest of my lifestyle. Exercising felt really fake and splintered, and I know I won't be able to maintain it for 6 months like this. It's just too hard to motivate myself to go from sitting around at work or home and going to the gym to do an intense 45 minute workout. It's a lot of lack-of-momentum to overcome!

This week I want to get better with my diet. I have 10 basic guidelines I need to do a better job at following, and I think I will start by deemphasizing organic and local foods for now so I can simply do my shopping in one trip. Juggling 4 different locations, 2 of which are 25 minutes away, is too much for now. Having 1 good diet week followed by 2 bad ones is doing me no favors.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yesterday was pretty much a fail.

I ate a small tomato and some cantaloupe chunks (both from my own front yard ).

I had less than two cans of soda, Coke Zero cherry. Not sold, entirely, but not repulsed. I'll give it a little more time.

No walk or crunches.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yeah, so I officially failed out of the competition pretty much as quickly as humanly possible, but I am slowly integrating it into my lifestyle, so I might post my achievements along the way.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Ok, I did another day.

I didnt work out labor day because it's really not in my goals to work out if all my kids are home, it's too difficult. It was hard to get going again today though. I'm glad I was in this encouragement-group because otherwise I probably would have stopped.

I really need to remember how to eat healthy.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Yeah, so I officially failed out of the competition pretty much as quickly as humanly possible, but I am slowly integrating it into my lifestyle, so I might post my achievements along the way.
    How so? At most I would think you only used a few cheats, which would make you legitimately still in it. It can be hard to make all the changes in a single week, especially if you haven't consistently exercised before.

Also, I have a problem with the word 'fail'. It's too final and dismisses any positive changes you may have made - Like being more aware of your exercise habits. So what if you didn't make your goals for last week? If you do slightly better this week, it can be considered it a success.

So you are welcome to remain in the competition, minus a couple of cheats. If you rather not have the pressure, then I hope you will continue to share your triumphs with us. It's a process, and it would be neat if you let us be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Ok, I did another day.

I didnt work out labor day because it's really not in my goals to work out if all my kids are home, it's too difficult. It was hard to get going again today though. I'm glad I was in this encouragement-group because otherwise I probably would have stopped.

I really need to remember how to eat healthy.
    Yeah, the long weekend was bad for me as well, exercise and diet wise. I need to grocery shop and I don't know if I'll get to the gym today (Grocery shopping + gym = 1 Miserable Udog). My sleep is off as well, so I have no energy today.

I may end up having to use a cheat this week, and then working double time the week of the 26th to avoid using another. That, or make it up as this thing progresses.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Today I hit the gym pretty hard, I did 20-30 reps on each machine. It's crazy, I've tripled the weight that I do on some of the machines I use from what I used to do at the start.

And also I did what I challenged myself to do last week, I just forgot to post it.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Today I hit the gym pretty hard, I did 20-30 reps on each machine. It's crazy, I've tripled the weight that I do on some of the machines I use from what I used to do at the start.

And also I did what I challenged myself to do last week, I just forgot to post it.
    Thanks for the update. Did you say you are taking a weight lifting class, or just a more general exercise class? Have you learned anything interesting yet?

Great job, though. I'll need to step up my game - I can't let the young whipper-snapper INFPs show me up.