First 219269309317318319320321329 Last

Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3324

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I don't think the Slow Carb diet is for me. It's the cheat days. I feel like utter crap the second I gorge out on my first goodie, and from there the day is pretty much blown. Plus, I'm yo-yoing pretty severely on the cheat day. I'll lose 3-4 pounds during the week (much of this is likely water), and then regain 3 of it back after the cheat day. So the first 4 or 5 days each week is devoted to relosing that 3-4 pounds, and I'm only really breaking new ground 1 or 2 days a week.

Overall, I'm down about 2 or 3 pounds in 2 weeks. Not bad, but not worth feeling like crap 1 day a week.

I've been working out 4 times a week. Both Saturdays were blown because they were cheat days, and I just didn't have the energy to do an intense cardio workout after breakfast.

Time to go back to my old diet, or figure out something new.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hmm, interdasting...

I don't ACTUALLY get myself sick, I sort of assumed the writer was just exercising some poetic license. But what I found interesting was your earlier post about how different body types react to carbs differently and perhaps this is one of those situations. Having that drastic a swing and gaining it all back on that one day is pretty crazy. I suppose you could always skip the cheat day, but I've found for me at least it's psychologically impossible, haha.

I will add, that I don't eat the beans on this at all. I don't lose much at all when I do. But yeah, even from the comments in the article I don't think it works for everybody for some reason. That's sort of the fun of these for me. Find what works. Scrap what doesn't. Body hack away.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Oh yeah, there's no way I would continue this diet without the cheat day! Hah.

I may very well overdo it on the cheat day, which might be part of the problem. Although for breakfast, I'll just have my usual omelet with veggies and cheese and just add a couple of pancakes and 2 small cookies, and that's enough to throw my energy off. I think after being good all week my body doesn't know what to do with all the sugar.

Interesting thing about the beans. I'm eating about 3-4 cans a week, spread out, which is the first time I've ever eaten so many. There might be something to that. *ponders*

I actually still have my meal plan from when I did the Atkin's diet induction phase, so that might be my next step. I remember that not eating any junk for 2 weeks was initially tough, but before too long I quit craving it, and shortly after that those foods became so sweet they were almost sickening.

Gonna think on it. Until then, I'm going to treat myself to Five Guys tonight, attend a party at a fancy buffet on Thursday, and remove my cheat day. Other than that, I think I'll continue the current diet for now. I've already purchased all the food, so might as well eat it!

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, so I've been doing some reading, and I think I'm going to try P90x instead of Insanity. I need to build muscle, and Insanity is a whole lot of cardio. It sounds like a fair few women do P90x, build muscle and endurance, then do Insanity to get that last little layer of fat that covers the muscles. My sister's doing P90x, so I'll have a workout buddy. I kind of have this desire to see what kind of shape I could get in, with dedication. My whole life, I've always watched what I ate and exercised enough to stay thin--but I have never pushed myself to get in great shape.

Meanwhile, I'm also still having a great time skating and doing yoga.
    Something Witty

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Slacked during the week, but that's just fine.

Saturday: Zumba

I found my old pilates mat for latin dance boot camp tomorrow morning. I have to bust out 40 pushups before the night is over. We have '10 pushup per day homework' for said class. Happy times!
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Sunday: Latin Dance Boot Camp

I did my pushups last night- somewhat shoddily, but arm strength is a process . LDBC was good. We used the resistance bands a bit, but I'm still hesitant with them for the moment. My booty and thighs are absolutely killing me as of the past two days, but in a good way.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP

Gonna start Brazil Butt Lift tonight, and probably do a hybrid of that and p90x.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Good luck! Just remember to take it really easy that first week, or you will be super, super sore. What's the hybrid of the P90x? Are you just going to do specific routines from P90x?

Diet and exercise are in a momentary stasis for me, so nothing to report on my end.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Update, I actually am exercising a couple of times a week.. the exercise is boring and posting about it feels boring, but I probably should anyway.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Good luck! Just remember to take it really easy that first week, or you will be super, super sore. What's the hybrid of the P90x? Are you just going to do specific routines from P90x?

Diet and exercise are in a momentary stasis for me, so nothing to report on my end.
    I'm going to incorporate the upper body stuff from p90X and then the lower body stuff from the Brazil Butt Lift. Been doing BBL since yesterday, and am super sore! I think it's gonna do good things, though! It's a really fun, if tough, workout. Will probably wait to start the p90x stuff until I have a solid hold on the BBL stuff.
    Last edited by Tallulah; 06-23-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Something Witty