User Tag List

First 218268308316317318319320328 Last

Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3324

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Since I actually started weighing myself [first week=oopsies], I've lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks on this diet and I basically eat as much as I want. Go to whole foods food bar and just stack roast turkey and veggies and pig out for lunches. Breakfasts with 4-6 eggs and 3 strips of bacon. Dinners with chicken, beans, and veggies. Saturdays I gorge on dunkin donuts and burgers and milkshakes. Repeat. I work out maybe 3 hours a week. Don't have to fool around with measuring amounts of things or making silly lists. Just pure bodyhacking. I don't know if any of the mechanics he touts are true or not, but it works.
    I liked the 4 hour body. I read it and realized I pretty much follow the principles of the regimen already, apart from the 'cheat' day but I followed his regimen for a while and I noticed I got more lean. I don't eat fruit much because I can almost feel it spiking my blood sugar.

I've always played around with my diet and I enjoy experimenting to see what kind of results I get. I used to under eat and that's the only time I've had to work out a lot to maintain my weight. I eat like a maniac now, mostly protein because I crave it and carbs just don't make me feel full. I just know that the more protein I eat, the leaner I get. I tested this theory on Sunday night, I ate 12 pieces of assorted cuts of beef, (I wasn't planning on it and it made me feel a little sick) but by the next night I could see a change in my body.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Yeah, I sort of have to accept that my body doesn't respond well to carbs either. Atkins was great for me (and if this doesn't work, I'm going to go back to it). I could eat solid meals every few hours and still lose 2-3 pounds a week.

I'm hoping this works out, since it'll be 6 days of a near-Atkin's diet plus one day where I can reward myself by getting sick on sweets. Although as a side note, even on the cheat days I'm eating 3 square meals so I get the basic nutrients... it's just everything else that's crap. Heh.

I'm down about 4 pounds the first week, so we'll see.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Sunday: Zumba
    Monday: --
    Tuesday: --

The Zumba B'day shindig was good. A lot of people left after the Zumba portion, even though they were informed of after party. My conclusion- people don't know how to dance anymore and that zumba-people aren't collectively friends before/after classes .
    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Any luck?
    Yupyup! It seems we just practice more routines after a regular zumba class to perform together at the zumba events. There may be other things that are involved/come into play later. I start learning the routines with them after the event on the 24th
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm refusing to turn my AC on, so i did my bodyweight workout in a 90 degree house. Didn't hit it as hard as I should have.

violaine

Yeah, I sort of have to accept that my body doesn't respond well to carbs either. Atkins was great for me (and if this doesn't work, I'm going to go back to it). I could eat solid meals every few hours and still lose 2-3 pounds a week.

I'm hoping this works out, since it'll be 6 days of a near-Atkin's diet plus one day where I can reward myself by getting sick on sweets. Although as a side note, even on the cheat days I'm eating 3 square meals so I get the basic nutrients... it's just everything else that's crap. Heh.

I'm down about 4 pounds the first week, so we'll see.
    I'm the same when it comes to carbs. My body can change dramatically within a week depending on what I've been eating. It's almost bizarre but if I don't get large amounts of protein, I get less firm and lean pretty quickly. I eat vegetables too, just don't really eat bread and cereal or much fruit. A diet has to be something that can be maintained otherwise it's just a recipe for yo-yoing, imo.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    A diet has to be something that can be maintained otherwise it's just a recipe for yo-yoing, imo.
    Amen! I've lost 45 pounds since I hit my max weight a couple of years ago. However, when I was looking at things I actually lost closer to 66 pounds... it's just that I had regained 21 pounds of weight I had lost at various points. It was a major eye opener, since if I had just maintained during my "bad" times I'd be 75% to my goal by now!

Anyway, I've learned my lesson. I'm already making plans on how I'm going to transition from my extreme diet back into the much more sensible diet plan I had been using. In fact, this extreme diet is going to help me a lot. Thanks to the limited selection of foods with the 4-hour body diet, I'm FINALLY learning how to incorporate beans into my daily meals, which alone is making a big difference, I think.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I get a similar response whenever I say no fruit. It's definitely not something I'd do forever. It's been a month and I've lost 14 pounds, while filling out a bit. I'm going to stay on it a bit more, but I'm going to tinker with it now that I've established a baseline of effective it is initially. Fruit instead of beans for a week or two, see what happens, etc. Generally, I just find bodyhacking to be fun. If I were ever unemployed/self employed I would absolutely try that polyphasic sleep schedule thing.
    Since I know you were fairly in shape before this, I'm wondering - what kind of weight have ye been losing? Mostly fat, or a lot of muscle as well? Just curious.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

^I can't answer for Jock, but in general, the beauty of diets like this** and Atkin's is that because you eat so much protein, and moderate levels of fat, your body will always have a ready supply of amino acids in the blood stream. As long as you supplement the diet with resistance exercise and interval training, your body won't be so quick to remove muscle. Mainly because your workouts tell the body that it needs those muscles.

The minimal quick acting carbs (caused by the removal of all white carbs) helps to stabilize blood sugar. That's where the 4 meals a day comes in. When it does start to dip, it's time to eat again.

The fact is, if you are doing it right, you are eating a decent amount of calories. For example, I'm getting over 2,000 a day, easily, but still seem to be losing at a rate of 2-3 pounds a week. It's common to appear to burn fat a rate that seems to exceed the energy in - energy out = weight change formula. Diets like this seem to be built to create situations where your body is constantly using a slow and steady stream of fat to make up minor energy deficiencies.

As for the dieter's gone wild cheat day... I'm not entirely convinced that it provides a meaningful boost outside of mental incentive and reward. Yeah, it confuses the body and all that, but who knows if that creates a meaningful difference in weight loss.

**I guess it should be noted that diets like this are best for mesomorphs and endomorphs. Ectomorphs are very well suited for carbs, and can handle lots of them and remain skinny. Their bodies are built to run on quicker acting carbs, so a (s)low carb diet probably won't do well for a lot of them.

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh, and I started the diet that Jock linked to several posts ago. I'm bound and determined to break my 250 pound plateau. I'm about 6 pounds away...
    Yay!

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Wed-Fri: --
    Saturday: Zumba on the Beach
    Sunday: Latin Dance Boot Camp

On Saturday, since I've been keeping track via my blog's "To Do" list, accomplished my 100th Zumba class in a year . I'm definitely looking to go a lot more in the upcoming year. I'll need to adjust said list.
    Best part? After Zumba on the Beach (which was fun, but difficult in the sand haha), I went with all 9 of the Zumba Instructors and their friends to a boardwalk bar. The DJ unintentionally played a lot of songs they use, which turned into a nice little Zumba party.

As per Latin Dance Boot Camp, it's basically pilates and resistance training amidst zumba. Today was the first day, but it was good. They are waiting on resistance bands, so next week's should be a bit different.

My eating habits have been far from awesome what with my xNFPs being back around and celebrating all 3 of our birthdays over the past month, so I need to reel it in
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance