User Tag List

First 217267307315316317318319327 Last

Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3324

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's the same old story, I tweaked my back on Monday while overexerting myself. It wasn't bad though, I was back to my full workout last night.

Seeing U-dog type about his 250lb curse reminds me that I'm stuck on my own plateau. I really need to find the energy to get down another 15-20lbs. That'll put me where I need to be BMI wise.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've had a crappy week at work and that makes me not motivated to work out, so I've been slacking. I know exercise would probably actually make me feel better, but tonight I am going to get a massage instead. Hopefully get some of the bad juju from this week out of my system and then start in on the workouts again on Saturday.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Wednesday: --
    Thursday: Zumba

I think I'll be able to go tomorrow morning, which was up in the air previously. Hopefully, a latin-dance/zumba adventure at a bar on Saturday (my fav instructor is DJing).
    Things have been gradual, so I've decided to hone my eating more. Of course, I downed most of a pint of my favorite ben and jerry's before taking on this endeavor. Had to go out with a bang, I suppose
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Thursday: Zumba
    Friday: --
    Saturday: Zumba & Zumba Fundraiser Event

I had to have done 2 hours and 20 minutes of Zumba-ing today. My knees hated me for a few hours, but I stretched and they've been much nicer . I may or may not have been somewhat-indirectly asked to be a part of the 'crew' that represents my fav instructor's business. I'm going to ask about that further tomorrow at his birthday event.

He did have his event last Saturday. I went with a friend, and it was nice to dance and Zumba in a pretty dress haha. They'll be back DJing at the same place by 4th of July, and I'll definitely be going as much as possible. The area isn't all that ideal (stupid jersey shore guido douchenozzle bennies over the summer :grumblygrowl: ) , but I'll rock it out.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP

Skated for about an hour and a half, practicing getting low and doing crossovers--good work for the ole thighs!

Kind of contemplating getting the Insanity workout. I figure I could endure anything for 2 months if it meant getting in the best shape of my life. But there is also the possibility I would be a wimp.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I didn't work out at all a couple of weeks ago, but am back to business last week and this week. It's a new routine, including a whole new set of exercises, so that was pretty interesting at points!

Oh, and I started the diet that Jock linked to several posts ago. I'm bound and determined to break my 250 pound plateau. I'm about 6 pounds away...

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I had to have done 2 hours and 20 minutes of Zumba-ing today. My knees hated me for a few hours, but I stretched and they've been much nicer . I may or may not have been somewhat-indirectly asked to be a part of the 'crew' that represents my fav instructor's business. I'm going to ask about that further tomorrow at his birthday event.
    Any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Skated for about an hour and a half, practicing getting low and doing crossovers--good work for the ole thighs!
    That sounds like fun! I have to admit, roller derby looks like a lot of fun!

Kind of contemplating getting the Insanity workout. I figure I could endure anything for 2 months if it meant getting in the best shape of my life. But there is also the possibility I would be a wimp.
    Interesting! ...and it's not so much about being a wimp, it's just that this is designed for people that are in really good shape and are looking to push themselves to the next level. If you decide to go for it, take it easy. You will NOT be able to do the whole thing, but that's okay. You challenge yourself by doing better each time you try it, which can be fun in its own way.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Well, I have my next 28 days of workouts set up and ready to go. I'm going to try to not post every day this go around, though. If I start slackin, I'll start posting frequently again.

Congrats! And actually, that diet sounds pretty interesting. I'm currently at my 250 pound curse. Ever since at least 2006 (when I started writing down my weights), I always stall when I hit below 255, and I'm never able to break 250.

I'm seriously thinking about doing this to break the 250 mark and lose a quicker 15 pounds or so. It's not something I'd do for much more than that, though, because diets like this don't teach us long-term maintenance, which is necessary to keep the weight off.

However, as a quick 10-20 pound weight loss tool? Yeah, I don't have an issue with it.

And Jock - to reply to the article:

Frequent meals can increase the calories burned from the "thermic effect of food", or the energy used to digest food, but not the metabolic rate per se. Other benefits of 4 or more meals include balancing of blood sugar, controlling cravings, mood enhancement, and a steady supply of amino acids which can improve the growth of muscle mass. I consider compromising with 4 meals a day to be perfectly sound. Just make sure they are small enough that you are hungry at the next meal for maximum effect.

Fruits have fructose, but they also have high levels of soluble fiber as well as sucrose and glucose. It seems like this argument is trying to piggy back on the nastiness of high fructose corn syrup, and I ain't buying that. I'm not sure what the issue with glycerol phospate is, either. How many human-blobs of fat got that way from their horrible strawberry addiction, anyway?

Having said that, limiting fruits is actually a smart idea, and I'm not going to argue for their necessity. They are a perfect addition to a post-workout snack or smoothie, but beyond that moderation is important or they will limit your fat-loss.

Okay, I admit that I don't know if the mechanics here are correct, and I'm too lazy to look this one up. (I don't feel like filling in the gaps by researching metabolic pathways.) However... the concept is actually right. An unlimited cheat day will throw the body off, and almost certainly makes the diet a bit more effective.

More importantly in my opinion, is that the cheat day provides a mental incentive for good behavior. It's much easier to work for 6 days knowing that on day 7 you can reward yourself with all sorts of goodies.
    I normally have large problems with anything that cuts out entire food groups (not that the average pyramid of food groups is a reliable source as to how to eat), but you know what ye're doing, and there is a difference between using it as a specific tool for a while and sticking to it forever.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Nothing happening in the workout department here for the last few days. Except for some hikes at the dog park, which actually is a pretty good workout...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I managed to do my workout twice last week. Nothing new to report, really except that I've been upping the intensity. Otherwise did some epic lawnmowing and marathon endurance swing pushing. I kept two girls swinging to a 10+ foot apex simultaneously for about a 15 minute stretch in 90 degree weather. Talk about slave driving workout partners.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    I normally have large problems with anything that cuts out entire food groups (not that the average pyramid of food groups is a reliable source as to how to eat), but you know what ye're doing, and there is a difference between using it as a specific tool for a while and sticking to it forever.
    I get a similar response whenever I say no fruit. It's definitely not something I'd do forever. It's been a month and I've lost 14 pounds, while filling out a bit. I'm going to stay on it a bit more, but I'm going to tinker with it now that I've established a baseline of effective it is initially. Fruit instead of beans for a week or two, see what happens, etc. Generally, I just find bodyhacking to be fun. If I were ever unemployed/self employed I would absolutely try that polyphasic sleep schedule thing.