User Tag List

First 2129303132334181131 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I was a lazy dumb byte today...felt so tired and just wiped out that I fell asleep without intending to and slept like five hours. I don't know what my problem is today.

Anywayyyyy...

Caloric intake: 1400 kcal

Exercise: only mild walking for 20-35 minutes total

Oh well, let's hope I don't gain massive amounts of water weight tomorrow. I'm debating not weighing myself...we'll see.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Oh well, let's hope I don't gain massive amounts of water weight tomorrow. I'm debating not weighing myself...we'll see.
    I'd like to encourage you not to bother weighing yourself, especially if you think you might be looking at some water weight Scales are lame.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENFJ

15 minutes sumo (squatting/balance) stretches

exhausting, but not sore.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP

Just got my Internet back after moving. Here's what I've done from August 31-September 6:

Running 5k- x3
    Hockey- x1
    Soccer- x1
    Volleyball- x2
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Will be back tomorrow and back to cardio+weights schedule.

Did a lot of walking this weekend, several hours on the beach today. Will report in at the end of this week.

Keep up the good work, everyone! You are all most inspiring.

Eck - those nipples looked like they must have hurt SO bad. Sorry dude.

Standing BB shoulder press 5x5 50,55,60
    DB Floor Press 30kg 3x12
    Lateral raises (lots)
    Bicep curls (lots)

20 min cycling listening to Black Sabbath

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    oh, I did own week 1 or whatever, I've been doing cardio on an almost dialy basis for months i mean, it's just that i'm not the kiss and tell type, so if i don't talk about it it means i'm just doing it.
    I've been doing 2 hours+ a day most of the week in fact.

In my opinion, over talking about some 'goal' just gives one the illusory feeling that he or she acted on it independantly of actually achieving anything.
    That's pretty impressive, Eck. I don't really consider it bragging, though. I think it's more about hearing about other people exercise. Hearing how others are doing this can be inspiring, and also gives us ideas as to what we can do ourselves. We are all in this together, and the contest is just an extra layer of incentive.

Anyway, as far as the contest portion is concerned, it's not really fair simply to assume you did it, so I gotta harass people a bit.

As far as goals, when we start making changes, noting of our accomplishments and sharing them can be helpful. I think once it becomes a lifestyle habit, that diminishes a bit - but to get off the ground? It's a bit of a reward and acknowledgment. It has legitimate purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Just remember that if you don't make your goals, you only lose cheats. I fully expect and even hope that people will use them to some extent. I already know I'll need to use one the week of the 26th.
    Fair point...I just didn't want to blow one the first week and get into the habit. Better for me to suck it up and do two workouts in one day to let myself feel the consequences. I'm an Irish Catholic, I need to be motivated by how bad I've been

And for whatever it's worth, I weighed in today and I've lost six pounds the first week. I know that in the beginning one tends to see more dramatic losses and that some of it may be water weight, but it's still encouraging to see evidence of success.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Fair point...I just didn't want to blow one the first week and get into the habit. Better for me to suck it up and do two workouts in one day to let myself feel the consequences. I'm an Irish Catholic, I need to be motivated by how bad I've been

And for whatever it's worth, I weighed in today and I've lost six pounds the first week. I know that in the beginning one tends to see more dramatic losses and that some of it may be water weight, but it's still encouraging to see evidence of success.
    Excellent! Yeah, the first week is always exaggerated. Still, it's a good sign that you are on the right track. I didn't lose anything, but my diet hasn't been conducive to such. That will be fixed a bit this week, and I think next week is when things will start gaining momentum.

And I hear ya. I made a note to myself that I really hate Sunday morning gym workouts. If I didn't have a powerful motivation to not use a cheat on the first week, I would have slept in and been proud of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Went for a hike at a local nature center today. Stopped there to drop off a form for volunteering and ended up hiking around the whole park.

Otherwise, I've been kind of lazy this weekend due to family, lots of fattening foods, and hyperactive toddlers running around. Gotta get back into my workouts this week.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost