Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    May I ask what gains y'all have made since you started working out? In terms of fitness (stamina, strength...) and physique/figure?
    I've slacked a bit over the past two months, but since June I've lost 37lbs. My stamina is a lot better than it was, especially as I was being a lump for a while .
    What I've noticed is that my heart rate has evened out a lot more. It used to jump up to 188-190 very quickly, but now it hangs out in the 170s. I can also walk faster/longer on a treadmill, although my workouts don't involve walking.

I've eaten better in general, but have refused to sacrifice the foods I enjoy or when I am really craving them. Moderation- yay. Being fit, but miserable food-wise just doesn't cut it for me. However, neither does being extremely happy food-wise and unfit . It's mainly due to the activity aspect. I try to get to Zumba classes 3-5x a week, I have one/two college courses that are activity based, I try to do pilates/yoga now, and I park super far away when I've got college classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I have a desk job, so I'm unsure about my stamina/strength benefits, except that I can climb stairs a lot faster than I used to. I've lost about 35lbs so far.. so obviously that's a big improvement. I've got about 15lbs to go to US government recommended BMI.

I want to do my workout 3 times a week, but It seems I do it only about twice a week. It's only a 30min routine, even so I've been averaging about lb a week weight loss.
    Awesome progress .
    What's keeping you from 3x workout?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I've slacked a bit over the past two months, but since June I've lost 37lbs. My stamina is a lot better than it was, especially as I was being a lump for a while .
    What I've noticed is that my heart rate has evened out a lot more. It used to jump up to 188-190 very quickly, but now it hangs out in the 170s. I can also walk faster/longer on a treadmill, although my workouts don't involve walking.
    That's amazing. Congrats.

I've eaten better in general, but have refused to sacrifice the foods I enjoy or when I am really craving them. Moderation- yay. Being fit, but miserable food-wise just doesn't cut it for me. However, neither does being extremely happy food-wise and unfit . It's mainly due to the activity aspect. I try to get to Zumba classes 3-5x a week, I have one/two college courses that are activity based, I try to do pilates/yoga now, and I park super far away when I've got college classes.
    Oh, I don't sacrifice anything either. I just focus more on quality. Being really aware of my food has helped decide what foods are really worth eating to me, and which ones were just something to stuff my face with.

Awesome progress .
    What's keeping you from 3x workout?
    Thanks. I just get busy, or lazy. Usually I'm really busy one day and then lazy that evening.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Did it! 25 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, 10 minutes of stretching and 25 minutes of strength training yesterday.
    That's great! That's the first step. What's key is to be consistent. Hope to see you post in this thread more often.

Massive congrats!

I like what you say about eating the foods you enjoy in moderation. I think that's part of what led to my two month long binge end of last-year. I'd had this amazing progress and I then allowed myself some celebratory deep-fried carb-laden stuff and... that was the tipping point. Now, I eat healthy (and I do genuinely enjoy the healthy stuff I eat) but I allow myself a bit of the sinful foods here and there and it seems a lot more sustainable this way.

Dali

I'm loving the gains in functional strength! Today, I hoisted my 104kg (230Ib) younger brother on my shoulders. I'm 74kg (163Ib) and I would have completely struggled with even 2/3 of that weight back when I was 13kg (28Ib) heavier.

All hail exercise!

Dali

Today, I'm going to work on triceps & shoulders and spend 40 mins on the cross-trainer (I'm told it's also called an ellipticcal machine).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Slacked off yesterday... meant to go to the gym for a full workout but instead just went to the hot tub. Did go for a nice long walk in the park with the dog, though - it was almost 50 degrees yesterday! Lovely for MN in February.

Tonight is a night off for Valentines Day, but tomorrow must do full workout!!
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Dali

Just gotten back from the gym. I intended to workout my back and triceps and do forty mins on the cross-trainer but, in my 'wisdom', I had a large meal (well, large for me) shortly before I went to the gym and I only ended up doing my back and 30mins on the cross-trainer before calling it a day. Shall make up for my transgressions tomorrow!

@Aqua What do you plan to do for tonight's full workout?

MBTI
    INTP

Finally back to running! Went for a quick 1 mile (11.02 minutes) last night to test the knee and all was well . Now to decide if I'm still able to train in time for the half marathon mid-May....
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Tuesday: Treadmill. Stationary bike.

We started the physical portion of my Aerobic Conditioning class today . I approve.. a lot. I've also been down in the dumps, but today I felt really good. I felt that much better after some exercise.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP

Worked out at home a few times this week, and went to Zumba today. Have been drinking NO Slurpees and LOTS of water.
    Something Witty