User Tag List

First 205255295303304305306307315 Last

Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3324

Dali

May I ask what gains y'all have made since you started working out? In terms of fitness (stamina, strength...) and physique/figure?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I could use some motivation to exercise. Maybe I should join in on this...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    May I ask what gains y'all have made since you started working out? In terms of fitness (stamina, strength...) and physique/figure?
    Sure. I changed my diet and started doing a bodyweight routine when I joined in a weight loss contest at work. I started posting here when I it was over (I won), so I could retain some sort of motivation.

I have a desk job, so I'm unsure about my stamina/strength benefits, except that I can climb stairs a lot faster than I used to. I've lost about 35lbs so far.. so obviously that's a big improvement. I've got about 15lbs to go to US government recommended BMI.

I want to do my workout 3 times a week, but It seems I do it only about twice a week. It's only a 30min routine, even so I've been averaging about lb a week weight loss.

What are you planning to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    I could use some motivation to exercise. Maybe I should join in on this...
    You should.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Sure. I changed my diet and started doing a bodyweight routine when I joined in a weight loss contest at work. I started posting here when I it was over (I won), so I could retain some sort of motivation.

I have a desk job, so I'm unsure about my stamina/strength benefits, except that I can climb stairs a lot faster than I used to. I've lost about 35lbs so far.. so obviously that's a big improvement. I've got about 15lbs to go to US government recommended BMI.

I want to do my workout 3 times a week, but It seems I do it only about twice a week. It's only a 30min routine, even so I've been averaging about lb a week weight loss.

What are you planning to do?
    WOW! That's incredible!

Have you changed your diet too? An lb a week is really good progress for 90mins of exercise a week.

I did a crazy legs workout on Sunday from which I'm still recovering (I will never quit gyming again, I will never quit gyming again, I will...). I hope to do shoulders and triceps today and then take Tuesday off. What does your workout entail, Qlip?

@Aquarelle Join in! I like posting the day's workouts here; I guess feel a greater sense of obligation to actually do them once it's in writing. It's a cool virtual buddy-system too!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    WOW! That's incredible!

Have you changed your diet too? An lb a week is really good progress for 90mins of exercise a week.

I did a crazy legs workout on Sunday from which I'm still recovering (I will never quit gyming again, I will never quit gyming again, I will...). I hope to do shoulders and triceps today and then take Tuesday off. What does your workout entail, Qlip?

@Aquarelle Join in! I like posting the day's workouts here; I guess feel a greater sense of obligation to actually do them once it's in writing. It's a cool virtual buddy-system too!
    I did my workout.

Thanks Yup, changed the diet. I'm a super healthy eater now. I think I also have a good metabolism, I just abused the crap out of it, before.

There is nothing particularly scientific or targeted about my routine. I do some jump rope to warm up. Then I do a stretch routine that I picked up when I was taking Hapkido. Then I do pushups, situps, squats, some various martial arts conditioning things, usually they tend to be anaerobic or balance or whole body movement types of things. Then I do jumprope training.

I admire people who can do the gym thing. I made sure that my routine can be done in any place I am with no equipment needed so that I won't find excuses not to do it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Okay, I am going to the gym after work today - call me out on it if I don't post later that I went!! I am bad about doing deciding not to go at the last minute....

My blog:

Dali

@Qlip And, obviously, it's working for you. Have seen some vids of Hapkido (first time I've heard of it). It looks pretty cool. I wonder whether I can find an instructor here in Nairobi...

@Aquarelle

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Did it! 25 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, 10 minutes of stretching and 25 minutes of strength training yesterday.

My blog:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Did it! 25 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, 10 minutes of stretching and 25 minutes of strength training yesterday.
    Good job. When's your next workout?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    Good job. When's your next workout?
    Tomorrow! Unless I find time to fit some cubicle-friendly exercises in tonight between work and class. We'll see about that.

My blog: