User Tag List

First 2028293031324080130 Last

MBTI
    INTx

Week 1 ended on a whimper for me, but I did complete it, and I learned an important lesson.

Which is, it takes much longer to recover properly from each workout if your sleeping and eating habits get fouled up. This isn't really a surprise in itself, but what caught me somewhat off guard was the severity of the energy drop. Live and learn.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    TOTAL:
    Exercising: 3/3
    Eating: Good 'nuff

I'm hoping to try a little harder this next week. Also next month I'll be starting college, so I'm hoping to go lacto-ovo vegetarian. I can't do it now because my dad will give me grief, and anyway I won't eat meat at most cheap food establishments so I don't have much of a choice
    Great report! And it makes me happy to hear that you were feeling the hurt. You gotta love that soreness. Is that the first week exercising for you?

I have a alot of respect for the lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Yeah, it's really interesting to me, as like an Te-allergic person. All the TJ (Santtu!) and FP (you, Udog, Wolfy, Kyuuei) numbers and charts and progress figuring! Very efficient.

And then you have the TP/FJ (me) descriptions of progress:
    Hey, what works for you. It's the exercising that's important, not the reporting. The reporting is just a fun way to identify and measure progress.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I completed my weekly goal, so I'm not out in the first week I had to do my workout twice today though, because I was kept late at work too much this week and skipped too many days. Ouch.
    Just remember that if you don't make your goals, you only lose cheats. I fully expect and even hope that people will use them to some extent. I already know I'll need to use one the week of the 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    August 31st to Sept 6- I exercised a total of 5 days out of those 7
    I did 1 hr on tredmill and 100 situps-
    Great job. Have the situps gotten any easier yet? Also, I'm glad you had a great vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Week 1 ended on a whimper for me, but I did complete it, and I learned an important lesson.

Which is, it takes much longer to recover properly from each workout if your sleeping and eating habits get fouled up. This isn't really a surprise in itself, but what caught me somewhat off guard was the severity of the energy drop. Live and learn.
    Hey, you identified an area of improvement. I consider that a pretty good week. I know for myself, I have a hard time continuing exercise if I don't have a semi-healthy diet. There's just something about incentive and energy levels. Perhaps instead of trying to exercise more, you might want to focus on leaving the exercise levels the same and begin working on diet. (Exercise + diet usually fixes sleep.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

The first week i did cardio for 5 days a week for 45 minutes or more and tried to eat less.
    I lost a total of 4 pounds.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    The first week i did cardio for 5 days a week for 45 minutes or more and tried to eat less.
    I lost a total of 4 pounds.
    That's excellent! Congratulations.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Great report! And it makes me happy to hear that you were feeling the hurt. You gotta love that soreness. Is that the first week exercising for you?

I have a alot of respect for the lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. Good luck with it.
    I've been exercising this summer but not very regularly, and this was the first week in a long time that I'd done a lot of weights. It's good to feel it working though

And thanks!
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Went for a hike today at the nearby nature center since I want to volunteer there. Worked off some of the fat from last night's cake and BBQ extravaganza.

Will do workout later today.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Default Week 2 Has Begun!

Oh yeah - today is Monday, which means Week 1 is officially behind us! I have to say, you guys did a wonderful job.

For those that are playing along on the "Last man standing" contest, I will need some reports from you if you haven't been keeping us up to date. Here are the people I have noted as completing week 1:

Antimony
    caf
    Colors
    EffEmDoubleyou
    Elaur
    ergophobe
    Feops
    Fidelia
    Jeffster
    kelric
    Kyuuei
    ladypinkington
    Little Linguist
    PinkPiranha
    Pitseleh
    poppy
    Santtu
    ScantilyClad
    Tallulah
    Trinity
    Udog
    Wolfy
    Clonester
    Eck
    erm
    Blackcat
    Winged

Since this is week one, I'll PM the remaining people to see if they are still interested in participating in the contest, and if they have submitted all their exercises. I'll update the above list as I receive responses.

For future weeks, how about if I post my records in the thread. People will be free to correct and update me, and if I don't hear from ya by Friday, I will automatically deduct the cheats. Does that sound fair to everyone?
    Last edited by Udog; 09-08-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Updated the list of names.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Well, last week I focused solely on running. I'm now doing ~3 miles each run, up from ~1 mile at the start of the week. (5 runs)

This coming week, the plan is to maintain that distance and intensity for 4 runs, and introduce pull ups and chin ups to the regime.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Oh yeah - today is Monday, which means Week 1 is officially behind us! I have to say, you guys did a wonderful job.

For those that are playing along on the "Last man standing" contest, I will need some reports from you if you haven't been keeping us up to date. Here are the people I have noted as successfully completing week 1:

oh, I did own week 1 or whatever, I've been doing cardio on an almost dialy basis for months i mean, it's just that i'm not the kiss and tell type, so if i don't talk about it it means i'm just doing it.
    I've been doing 2 hours+ a day most of the week in fact.

In my opinion, over talking about some 'goal' just gives one the illusory feeling that he or she acted on it independantly of actually achieving anything.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Labor Day = No weight training class.

To make up for this: Cleaning around the house including mopping the floors, washing and interior detailing all three vehicles and applying rainx to all windows, and my workout DVD level 3.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge