User Tag List

First 195245285293294295296297305 Last

Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3324

MBTI
    ENFJ

Considering I can barely get up without feeling the intense urge to vomit right now, and on a normal day I can't even jog for a single minute, I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Going to work should be fun today.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I don't know, I just think that slipping, as I am prone to do, and breaking my ankle on ice, is rather counterproductive.

Feel free to disagree with me.
    problem
    Considering I can barely get up without feeling the intense urge to vomit right now, and on a normal day I can't even jog for a single minute, I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Going to work should be fun today.
    problem
    defeatism

If you make more of an effort to focus on finding solutions rather than complaining about problems blocking your path, you'll be happier and more productive with your fitness goals.

Ex:

"the grounds snowy so I guess I'll do some jumping jacks and exercises I looked up with a simple google search indoors instead of braving the elements for my usual run!"
    "I'm not losing as much weight as I hoped so I'll have to work harder on my diet and exercise plan! Maybe I'll research some new ideas, too"
    "I can't jog for a single minute right now - I need to work hard on improving my cardio so I feel better doing everyday activities!"
    "I can barely get up without vomiting, I'm going to ask my doctor about it because that doesn't sound healthy"

Orrrr you can see problems in front of you and stop, sit in the road and cry about how life sucks. Your choice.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFJ

I should stop doing crunches because even a single somewhat positive post here gets me attacked.

To be entirely honest, heavy cardio, like you guys reccomend, often gives me panic attacks, and considering the amount of panic I have to endure regularly, and that panic isn't the most heart-healthy thing...

MBTI
    INTP

I just told my mum about my plan to do the half-marathon in May. She just said, "Isn't that 13 miles? Are you going to be able to run all that?"
    This is why I don't confide my plans in my parents *sigh*

In other news, I walked at a brisk pace to my flute lesson today, which took 50 minutes. Not much, but every little helps right?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    ENFJ

I know, parents, right?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I should stop doing crunches because even a single somewhat positive post here gets me attacked.
    It's because you are always complaining and apparently trying to get people to feel sorry for you for the tiniest of reasons, and that's not what the thread is about.

I usually don't respond to you because I think it just feeds into your "woe is me" show.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It's because you are always complaining and apparently trying to get people to feel sorry for you for the tiniest of reasons, and that's not what the thread is about.

I usually don't respond to you because I think it just feeds into your "woe is me" show.
    I thought this thread was about encouragement, but for me, it only seems to be how even trying to put any effort into something is just criticized as not being near enough to have an effect on anything.

Which, fine, may be true. Fuck, it's probably more than true. But when even thinking about running causes panic induced chest pains and everyone's telling me to do it over and over and over again because it's the only way I'll ever not die in five years of a heart attack, well, that's more than a little discouraging.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I thought this thread was about encouragement, but for me, it only seems to be how even trying to put any effort into something is just criticized as not being near enough to have an effect on anything.
    I'm from West Virginia. I've walked miles in the snow to work or school, or even just to get to the nearest bus stop. Get you a good pair of boots with traction so you won't slip, and the extra effort it takes to walk through snow might build up your leg muscles.

Which, fine, may be true. Fuck, it's probably more than true. But when even thinking about running causes panic induced chest pains and everyone's telling me to do it over and over and over again because it's the only way I'll ever not die in five years of a heart attack, well, that's more than a little discouraging.
    You're not going to die from a heart attack in five years, unless you plan to start smoking crack or have some kind of congenital heart problem...what are you, 18? Why would you die from a heart attack?

Like people have said, start looking at solutions instead of problems. People here are trying to encourage you, and you just smack away any suggestions that might be helpful.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hey my grandfather died at like age 35 of a heart attack before heart attacks were the cool thing to have, you know. Don't knock early heart attacks.

You live in West Virginia?

What a coincidence! I live in Minnesota!

...Oh wait, that's not a coincidence at all...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hey my grandfather died at like age 35 of a heart attack before heart attacks were the cool thing to have, you know. Don't knock early heart attacks.

You live in West Virginia?

What a coincidence! I live in Minnesota!

...Oh wait, that's not a coincidence at all...
    I have a friend who lives in Siberia (no joke). I've seen photos of him and his friends and family in the snow. Miraculously, they have all managed to survive.