ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Sunday: Zumba
    Monday: --
    Tuesday: Hatha Yoga

Yoga was interesting. I wasn't fond of all of the 'downward dog', since it hurts my palms, but I enjoyed the class overall. There was a woman next to me who was very sweet when I told her it was my first time yoga-ing in ten years. It set the tone of the class for me, so I'll be going back next week .
    Years ago, I would have been far too angry at nothing to really give pilates or yoga a chance. I can't even express how glad I am to be open to both right now.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP

Went out for a 2 mile (25 minute) tonight, running alongside my cousin doing her W4D1 run. Not ideal, as she runs much faster than me during her runs and walks much slower than my 12.30 pace during her breaks. I had to stop halfway through tonight because of pain in my lower back. It stopped after a minute or so of walking, but every time I tried to run after that it was bothering me so I just stopped. I think it's a mixture of bad posture, spending most of my day sitting down and a weak core. I'll look up how to run with good posture tonight and go out for an early run in the morning to make up for it. Anyone got suggestions for exercises to strengthen my core muscles?

I'm happy to say that my legs felt strong and my breathing was nice and even (though the cold air certainly made itself known to my throat and lungs!). In fact, I think I probably could have run for much longer than usual tonight if I hadn't let my back get the better of me.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Wednesday: Strength Training, Zumba, Pilates
    Thursday: --
    Friday: Zumba

I realize that I teeter a fair amount. I either eat well and go to less classes, or I eat somewhat badly and go to more classes. After this segment of holiday madness, I'm keeping both aspects amped up .
    Also, today my Dad ordered some 'Zumba Gear' for my Christmas present. I'm excited, even though they may be on the shelf briefly, like my motivational dress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

After a week of inactivity, I did my workout. Didn't loose poundage this week, but with Thankgiving and not doing anything, it's expected.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Went out for a 2 mile (25 minute) tonight, running alongside my cousin doing her W4D1 run. Not ideal, as she runs much faster than me during her runs and walks much slower than my 12.30 pace during her breaks. I had to stop halfway through tonight because of pain in my lower back. It stopped after a minute or so of walking, but every time I tried to run after that it was bothering me so I just stopped. I think it's a mixture of bad posture, spending most of my day sitting down and a weak core. I'll look up how to run with good posture tonight and go out for an early run in the morning to make up for it. Anyone got suggestions for exercises to strengthen my core muscles?

I'm happy to say that my legs felt strong and my breathing was nice and even (though the cold air certainly made itself known to my throat and lungs!). In fact, I think I probably could have run for much longer than usual tonight if I hadn't let my back get the better of me.
    I've had lower back trouble for many years and have always been told that the stronger your abs are, the better it is for your back... so I definitely suggest some sort of sit ups that strengthen the abs.

I do my sit ups lying on my back with my feet off the floor and my knees/thighs vertical at a 90 degree angle with the floor.
    I bring my elbows toward my knees and knees toward elbows.... hold for a second, then put my back down on the floor again.

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah I figured my weak abs might have something to do with it . I'll do sit-ups for sure. Is there any other exercises I can add to them to help strengthen everything up?
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

[YOUTUBE="QuU-QRQsv0Y"]Hover[/YOUTUBE]

Looking past the kind of cheesy presentation. These two exercises are really good for your strengthening the torso if you have a bad back. One of the problems with sit ups is they work the hip flexors, the psoas major(one of the hip flexors) is connected to the spine and can sometimes make the back problem worse. If you do sit ups don't hook your feet. Focus mainly on hovers, leg raises and then sit ups. It'd be a good idea to work your upper back and stretch your chest as well.

MBTI
    INTP

That's excellent, thank you
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP

Just went out for my run tonight. 2 miles in about 26-27 minutes. It snowed last night so this evening was very icy in places, but mostly snowy. There was something really amazing about being able to run in the snow, something very childlike and fun (and it helped that I had the streets to myself as all the sane people are tucked up in their homes cradling warm mugs of tea). I had a blast, I really did .
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Saturday: --
    Sunday: Zumba

Drained during Zumba today. I'm either starting to get sick, just plain body-tired, or have absorbed too much tryptophan from 4 days of turkey
    No clue what I'll be doing tomorrow, if anything. Monday Zumba is good in itself, but the last times I went were too crowded.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    [YOUTUBE="QuU-QRQsv0Y"]Hover[/YOUTUBE]

Looking past the kind of cheesy presentation. These two exercises are really good for your strengthening the torso if you have a bad back. One of the problems with sit ups is they work the hip flexors, the psoas major(one of the hip flexors) is connected to the spine and can sometimes make the back problem worse. If you do sit ups don't hook your feet. Focus mainly on hovers, leg raises and then sit ups. It'd be a good idea to work your upper back and stretch your chest as well.
    Yay Plank. I've started doing those courtesy of Yoga and Pilates. Good stuff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]