User Tag List

First 183233273281282283284285293 Last

Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3324

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

So there is a new workout for week 5, it is shoulder, arms and then the Ab ripper x.. I have looked through the video and there are many crucial push ups! :O I will post later to comment on how it went. So far I am already tired just by looking at it :O
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Hahaha, yeah. Those one armed pushups in particular did me in.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    This thread is ginormous, so I don't actually know if there's a contest going on, and I'm not planning on scanning back to see. But, I am going to participate. I just finished a weightloss contest at my work and I'm intending to get to a healthy BMI and I'm not there yet. The weightloss aspect probably has more to do with the diet side for me and not the exercise side.
    The contest ended a long time ago, and I've just been too lazy to contact a mod to update the original post. However, there are still people posting their workouts and I'm happy that you are joining.

So far my workout plan is the first to really work for me. I just do a bodyweight workout and throw in some excercises and stretches that I did while doing Hapkido. I've had two back surgeries so watching back strain and making sure my core muscles are taken care of is important.

I probably need to take a good look at what specific exercises I'm doing, but probably not right now.

EDIT:

Today I was really not in the mood to workout. So instead of doing nothing, I decided to do stuff that sounded fun/easy. I jumped rope for about 10 minutes, switching from left foot to right to both. I'm getting pretty fast, did 20 pushups, then later 10, 10, 5, 5. 40 situps. The I did some stance stepping patterns that I did back in Hapkido.
    I love body weight workouts. Of course, I have lots of body weight so they are perfect for me!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    The contest ended a long time ago, and I've just been too lazy to contact a mod to update the original post. However, there are still people posting their workouts and I'm happy that you are joining.

I love body weight workouts. Of course, I have lots of body weight so they are perfect for me!
    Yeah, they really are the best, I can do my workout without having to leave my house and at any time. Very convenient.

I get a little discouraged when I hear about how many pushups some people can do, those are the hardest for me. But, I tell myself that I just have more to push up. It's taken a lot of work to get to 20 in one shot.

Glad to be here.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I get a little discouraged when I hear about how many pushups some people can do, those are the hardest for me. But, I tell myself that I just have more to push up. It's taken a lot of work to get to 20 in one shot.
    Pushups are tough for me as well, especially because I have to be careful with my wrists. I tend to use some military pushup handles whenever I can to help with that.

...And don't get me started with Pull-ups. I'm not yet at a point where I can manage one of those without cheating.

MBTI
    INTP

Well, after an exercise free, junk-filled weekend (it was a friend's birthday and I overdid it on the crap), my body was not best pleased to be out running again this evening. I apologised, and promised to nourish it better in the future. It grumbled something about it being about time, and to slow down because I was running too fast.

Tonight was just as (if not a bit more) difficult as Friday's run, and I really do think I'll need to repeat this week before attempting the 20 (yes TWENTY) minute run of Week 5 (scheduled for Tuesday as it currently stands). And that was far too many brackets for one sentence; English-major fail. Time for a shower and bed *yawn*
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

89 push ups, and now I am going to bed... my abs are burning :workout:

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Watch youtube videos on how to do all of the exercises, if you can. Especially squats. Improper form during squats can really do some damage, especially as you get into higher weights.
    Thanks. I figured out how to do push ups without hurting my wrists. fist-ups. Its brilliant, instead of using my wrists I use my knuckles.
    And its tougher too, because my left wrist is now totally hurting too much and this way its putting zero pressure on my wrists which is cool and now am doing this standard. And now the pain has gone after doing some back training too. I think I was initially just lithe without muscles building and am trying to proportion everything out now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Fist Push-Ups - As the title might suggest, fist push-ups are done with your knuckles as opposed to the palm of your hand. Physically, these push-ups differ from a basic push-up in that there is less surface area on which to distribute your upper body weight. In other words, the knuckles are smaller than the palms. With less surface area shouldering the weight of your body, the chest, shoulders, and triceps will have their work cut out for them. In general, most people can only do about 75% of the number of fist push-ups as they otherwise might normally achieve through regular push-ups.
    I'll vouch for that, managed to do 20 today, and this strengthens my wrists too and that's the aim. did the regular rest and went for a walk.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I played netball for the first time today against another class who had been playing a month. Guess what? we kicked their behinds AGAIN ! I am getting really faster at running so I play better .. My team, 3.A, has won 3/3 againt 3.F.. Awww. this made my day!

- The City Of Bones