User Tag List

First 179229269277278279280281289329 Last

Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3324

MBTI
    INTP

Haha thanks If you mean Oeufa, it's pronounced Uff-ah (like the french word oeuf with -ah tagged on the end).

If you mean my actual name Aoife, it's an Irish name. Sounds like Eva except with an F instead of a V. It's pretty common here in Ireland.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    Haha thanks If you mean Oeufa, it's pronounced Uff-ah (like the french word oeuf with -ah tagged on the end).

If you mean my actual name Aoife, it's an Irish name. Sounds like Eva except with an F instead of a V. It's pretty common here in Ireland.
    I really like that name.. Aoife. I would never have guessed that pronunciation.
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks . My mam always loved it as a name - says it reminds her of fairies or something like that. It derives from the old irish word for beauty, which I find funny, because I've only known fat people with the name

It's annoying for going overseas though. I was in an airport in Chicago one time with my family and we got to passport control. The woman called out everyone's name with their passport and waved them through. She squinted at mine for a few seconds, looked at me, pointed to the passport and said, "Is this you? What on earth is your name?" Fun day...
    Last edited by Oeufa; 10-17-2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typos galore
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I thought of fairies instantly

Well, I understand that Lady... I was sitting and trying to figure out how to say it when my stepmother walked in and asked me if I was doing my Spanish

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INTP

I know, Irish is a funky language - it uses the roman alphabet in ways it was never intended to be used . Some examples: bh (and mh) make a v sound, aoi make an ee sound, h's are always silent, except for ch's which sound like you're coughing up hairballs (in fact, my old Irish teacher would always correct us on mispronunciations of ch by yelling, "SPIT!" at us...), and some more.

I think the strangest thing I've been called (to my mind, anyway) is Ayo-iffy. I laughed for a solid 5 minutes I do find it annoying when I go abroad that people tend to call me Eva (even when I explain that it's got an F in it, not a V). It sounds almost identical, but it's not my name! Sets my teeth on edge. If I emigrate in the future, I think I'll have fun times with my name.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I know how that feels. Some call me Sandie, but my name is Sannie. Sometimes they spell it Sunny? WHAT

- The City Of Bones

MBTI
    INTP

I think yoga's really doing good things for me. I feel like I pay more attention to my body and how it feels, and I feel like it's helping me lose a couple of vanity pounds, which is fabulous. My legs are getting more toned, and I don't seem to mind those static lunges and squats like I do the regular kind. Had a band photo shoot the other day, and I was looking at a few shots my roommate took from behind the photographer. I think I look thinner.

I've been a little more emotional than usual lately, meaning I'm feeling a little more in touch/present with my emotions, and can't figure out if it's hormonal or if it's yoga making me go inward more. It's interesting.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Just did 7 minutes on the exercise bike before I died of boredom. There is nothing (and I mean nothing!) that can slow time as much as that gastly machine. I've tried reading books, playing the DS, just listening to music, and time still crawls to a standstill. I need to find something else to do during my rest days from running (and I doubt Wii fit counts somehow )
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Wii fit is fun. Tried Wii active? I like the boxing part.
    So I just woke up now. 1.40pm. What the whole in the ground? how can I sleep so much?
    And of course there is nothing in the fridge beside eggs. Well better go cook them, and then do my yoga...

- The City Of Bones

MBTI
    INTP

I don't have Wii active, but there is a boxing section on the Wii fit. The guy's voice annoys me too much to take it seriously though, and nothing on the Wii really brings out a sweat...
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe