Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3324

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    If you said this to me in person, I would have punched you in the face before you had time to blink. I don't think I could have exercised any self restraint in time (and I am not my nature a violent person, though I am quite impatient at times).
    Comments like these add nothing to the discussion, and are likely against forum policy. (Threats of physical violence.) Her comments were wrong, but this reaction isn't really any better.

For what it's worth, you seem to be on the right track to me. She's right in that losing weight alone won't make you happy, but she's was wrong in that taking active steps to improve your health and body are both empowering and have been shown to increase energy levels and wellness.

As far as I can tell, you are on the right track, and I sincerely hope you continue to share your progress with us.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm sorry. What she said touched a nerve and my response was a knee jerk reaction to that. I should have waited and written a less emotionally charged post.

Thanks for all the encouragement by the way, i do really appreciate it

MBTI
    INTP

Today's a 'rest day' on the C25k, but I want to do some other form of exercise on these off days. At the weekend I'll have time to look up stuff, but for today I just walked to my piano lesson (which is a 50min brisk walk from my house). Can't wait for my run tomorrow
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Today's a 'rest day' on the C25k, but I want to do some other form of exercise on these off days. At the weekend I'll have time to look up stuff, but for today I just walked to my piano lesson (which is a 50min brisk walk from my house). Can't wait for my run tomorrow
    Just be sure to respect the rest days. Rest days allow your body to heal from the damage you did to it during your workouts, and are as every bit as important as the exercising itself. Otherwise, you risk over training and injury.

However, there is a concept of "active rest", where you keep your body moving while you still avoid exerting it. I find that light walking, hiking, (recreational) swimming, cleaning, etc make for great rest day activities.

MBTI
    INTP

Well, so long as it's not high impact like running I should be ok... I'll probably do strength training on some days, and different cardio (maybe cycling) on others. Saturdays will remain as my day off though
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTJ

Did my workout last night AND this morning.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Did my workout last night AND this morning.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Legs and back!
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INTP

Nice work everyone, you're all awesome! Keep it up!

I. FEEL. AMAZING! : D

Did Week 2 Day 3 of the Couch to 5k today, and it was awesome! I decided to up my speed today - I actually ran (albeit slowly) instead of shuffling along, and for the walking portions I kept up a brisk pace instead of falling into my normal easy stride. It was tough going, but I paid attention to my body during it and all I was feeling was discomfort at the exertion rather than tension or pain. I'm really happy about today's workout (in case you haven't already guessed ), but I'm going to pull back the pace again on Sunday, when I'll do Week 3 Day 1.

During the 5min cool-down walk, I saw a runner on the other side of the road. He was going at a pretty fast pace (to me), but it just looked like a very graceful, easy lope for him. The first thing that sprung into my mind was, "Wow, I can't wait til I'm able to do that!" Old me would have felt bad about my achievement today against this comparison; new me is feeling inspired and hopeful and really excited for what the future will bring. All I have to do is keep doing what I'm doing and I'll get there. I can't explain how big a deal this is for me - I feel now like I've reason to be doubly proud of myself today. So, good job, me *pat on back*

I don't mean to sound boastful or anything, I'm just flying high this evening. *celebratory dance*
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm down another belt buckle. That's 3 since July. Or is it 4? I lost count.... which I consider to be a high quality problem.

I can't lift because of my cough, but I've been walking anywhere from 2-5 miles almost every day.

Did Week 2 Day 3 of the Couch to 5k today, and it was awesome! I decided to up my speed today - I actually ran (albeit slowly) instead of shuffling along, and for the walking portions I kept up a brisk pace instead of falling into my normal easy stride. It was tough going, but I paid attention to my body during it and all I was feeling was discomfort at the exertion rather than tension or pain. I'm really happy about today's workout (in case you haven't already guessed ), but I'm going to pull back the pace again on Sunday, when I'll do Week 3 Day 1.
    That was one of my favorite tricks for jogging as well. I found that if I focused on the energy my legs had LEFT, instead of the burning, I could go much farther and longer.

I don't mean to sound boastful or anything, I'm just flying high this evening. *celebratory dance*
    No way. That's what this thread is for. *high fives*