First 174224264272273274275276284324 Last

Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3324

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Do you have some exercises in mind?
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Hmmmm, something for a bit of muscle toning perhaps.
    Muscle toning usually involves lowering body fat percentage via diet and some lifting in order to display the muscles you already have. Does this sound like what you want to do?

MBTI
    ENFJ

I tried, and she told me I was a waste of her time.

Everything causes me an incredible amount of pain. Walking is useless because everyone can do it. I might enjoy sports, but because I'm so fucking weak and uncoordinated, there are no peers for me in existence to play with. If I went to a nursing home they would leave me in the dust, and if all I'm doing is chasing a ball, absolutely unable to reach it, I'm so bored, it's just the same as running laps only more pointless, and that's all I've ever done, there's no point to it at all, I'm not even playing, I'm just there so the team can claim they have enough people when I'm not even there.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFJ

Everything causes me an incredible amount of pain. Walking is useless because everyone can do it. I might enjoy sports, but because I'm so fucking weak and uncoordinated, there are no peers for me in existence to play with. If I went to a nursing home they would leave me in the dust, and if all I'm doing is chasing a ball, absolutely unable to reach it, I'm so bored, it's just the same as running laps only more pointless, and that's all I've ever done, there's no point to it at all, I'm not even playing, I'm just there so the team can claim they have enough people when I'm not even there.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Oakizzle ! What kiiiind of exercising plan are you in need of?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Do you have any exercises in mind?
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INTP

Woo! Just back from my second run for the week, and I feel great! I reckon everyone should try running at some point in their lives, it's just so satisfying and liberating I only wished I'd picked it up earlier.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

^ I hear you Oeufa. Jogging is almost like making exercise an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    "Toning" usually boils down to lowering your body fat percentage to a point where muscle lines become more visible. Is this what you want?

If so, focus on burning calories - light to moderate weight training to jack up your metabolism, increase muscle size a small bit, and allow for quicker recovery. Add in some cardio or higher intensity training to help burn calories and increase your overall cardiovascular health.

MBTI
    INTP

Did Zumba today--but almost didn't! Walked in to find the teacher had everyone on treadmills, warming up to do cardio intervals. I walked right back out. :-P One of the students caught me on my way to the car and said the teacher had changed her mind, so we did Zumba. Yay! I don't know why she doesn't get that we just really come for the Zumba. It's far more fun than cardio. I hate cardio.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

What kind of sports do they have in your college? If you really feel you can't keep up with team sports then maybe try something a bit different. Most universities have SO MANY clubs and societies to choose from, you really can't go wrong! Some of the more interesting ones available to us in the uni I go to include: ultimate frisbee (team sport - think football with a frisbee), trampolining, caning&potholing, capoeira etc etc. Check it out - there might be something that appeals to you.

Don't be so quick to diss walking, by the way. Walking at a brisk pace helps tone your legs and bum (best thing to do so, btw), and IS a form of cardio. Yes, everyone can do it - that's the beauty of it. Walking and running are what humans have been designed to do - it's the most natural thing in the world.

Also, maybe consider running? That's my form of exercise at the minute and I'm loving it. You start off really slow, at a light jog (more like a shuffle )
    for 60 seconds, then walk to recover. Rinse and repeat for 20 minutes and you're done! I've linked the programme I'm using a few times in this thread already but do check it out (www.c25k.com). I'm 56lbs overweight and extremely unfit, so if I can do it you definitely can. Just try it (and don't be skeptical).

It'd be nice if you focus on why things CAN work instead of coming up with a host of reasons to dismiss things. It may sound clichéd but a positive attitude really does make all the difference. Believe me when I say I know from experience
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons