Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 3324

MBTI
    ENFJ

Wow, on such a plan, I would never eat.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    The diet program introduced a few new interesting ideas over the past month.

1. Eat 4 or more meals a day. Eat a meal every 2-4 hours.
    2. Practice the art of Hara Hachi Bu. Basically, that means eating until you are 80% full.

The idea is this: If you are starving after 2-3 hours, you didn't eat enough at your last meal (or ate the wrong thing). If you are still stuffed after 3-4 hours, you ate too much.

The ideal is to become quite hungry, but not entirely ravenous, sometime in the 2-4 time span after each meal.
    This really works for me when I can get myself into the habit.
    Something Witty

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I've been slacking in this thread, especially since my dentist appointment was canceled

Wednesday: Zumba
    Thursday: --
    Friday: --
    Saturday: Zumba
    Sunday: Zumba
    Monday: --
    Tuesday: --
    Today: Powerwalk, International Folk Dance, Zumba

I'm hoping that seeing the gaps in my exercise will push me to do another form of cardio or strength training.
    Today, I did somewhat worse in applied modern health, but I didn't overexert myself. My resting heart rate hangs at like 90. Apart from needing to lose weight, I'm contemplating getting a checkup for that specifically.

Side note- International Folk Dance is awesome . Initially, I had to help the men in the class out a lot, but today they were improved and helping me on some dances! I'm so glad this is a college course .

- Another silly, good note. I still suck at parking my car, so I tend to park far away in lots. At school, I always park at the very beginning of the lot, even if I have to walk to the completely opposite end half of the time. I think that's been helpful so far.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFJ

why does it hurt most the 3rd day?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This really works for me when I can get myself into the habit.
    Heh. That's always the hard part, isn't it? *grumbles* Stupid reality

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I'm hoping that seeing the gaps in my exercise will push me to do another form of cardio or strength training.
    Today, I did somewhat worse in applied modern health, but I didn't overexert myself. My resting heart rate hangs at like 90. Apart from needing to lose weight, I'm contemplating getting a checkup for that specifically.

Side note- International Folk Dance is awesome . Initially, I had to help the men in the class out a lot, but today they were improved and helping me on some dances! I'm so glad this is a college course .

- Another silly, good note. I still suck at parking my car, so I tend to park far away in lots. At school, I always park at the very beginning of the lot, even if I have to walk to the completely opposite end half of the time. I think that's been helpful so far.
    Man, I wish I would have thought to take more "fun" courses while I was at college. I saved weight lifting for the very last, and only took tennis and racquetball. I sort of wish I would have pushed myself out of my comfort zone more.

That all sounds (mostly) awesome though. If that's a slack week, I look forward to hearing about your challenging ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    why does it hurt most the 3rd day?
    That's pretty common, especially when you first start working out. Click here for more info: Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'll try yoga tomorrow.

Wish me not to faint!

How did it work out?

I'm doing it tonight as a fourth day of my p90x workout.
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I did that for a couple of months - then admittedly slacked.

What do you think of it?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

I did that for a couple of months - then admittedly slacked.
    Why?

Well, so far I am incredibly sore! But I keep going :workout:

I work out with my boyfriend so we motivate each other But i believe it is week two that is going to be worst...

I hope the Yoga will help my sore body. I have not felt my abs as much as I am when doing the abs ripper x. - but hopefully the result will please me

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    ENFJ

That's pretty common, especially when you first start working out. Click here for more info: Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).
    I've heard if it's the third day you're doing something wrong.

I woke up feeling like an old person with creaky knees. Still feel like an old person, really. Fuck, I'm turning into an old person!

Quote Originally Posted by Einnas View Post
    I hope the Yoga will help my sore body. I have not felt my abs as much as I am when doing the abs ripper x. - but hopefully the result will please me
    You are definitely barking up the wrong tree. Yoga will make it worse.

Or maybe not. Yoga is kind of like crack. You feel fine while doing it, the rest of your life just becomes a horrible dark abyss, to the point where it becomes a physiological addiction.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Yoga a physiological addiction?

Glad it is only one day a week then

- The City Of Bones