Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3324

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I wanted to look better in clothes (and out of them. hehe), I wanted to be fitter, I wanted the freedom to be able to wear a fitted shirt or t-shirt without being insecure about man-boobage and my belly, I wanted to be able to engage in Parkour, I wanted to dance without being embarrassed about 'wobbly bits wobbling', I wanted the stamina to be able to withstand a long-haul flight (with multiple connections) without being totally wiped out at the end...

I love seeing and feeling the changes that occur. I like the seemingly boundless physical stamina I've got. I like that I can decide, on a whim, to move very heavy furniture, by myself, while barely breaking a sweat. I like being able to wear whatever I want to without being insecure about unwelcome 'bumps' here and there. Also, the compliments and appreciative looks certainly don't hurt either.

I never want to go back to what I was and still feel ashamed that I let myself get to that. I feel immense shame that I used to scoff stupid amounts of the worst forms of junk-food with nary a thought as to what I was doing to myself, shame that I'd sit on my ass all day at the office or at home and engage in absolutely no unnecessary movement, shame that I took solace in food and my novels (simultaneously) whenever I was down/stressed (the novels aren't the shameful part).

A lot of my motivation to live a healthy lifestyle (for it is an all-encompassing way of being) comes partially from my fear that I'd revert to what I was and mostly from my perfectionist tendencies. We have a saying in Swahili that goes "Unakula ngombe mzima na unabakisha mkia?" Roughly translated, it means "If you're going to embark on something, see it through till the end." (how J). I've decided to live healthy and I'm going to go the whole hog, so help me God.
    What an awesome answer - thank you for taking the time to write it out.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Still sore and thinking of giving up and taking a tylenol.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm going to go ahead an guess that, if recovery is actually important, I should probably skip yoga tomorrow.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Two more ibuprofen and some more sobbing.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I'm going to go ahead an guess that, if recovery is actually important, I should probably skip yoga tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Two more ibuprofen and some more sobbing.
    If it's hurting that much, you should really go see a doctor, Hap. If you are crying from pain, it's likely you are doing something wrong and perhaps making things worse.

At the very least, get medical assistance for creating a workout routine that works for you.

Glycerine

I TOTALLY agree with Udog. Soreness=good but a lot of pain=bad. From skimming what you have written in this thread, you seem to overwork yourself. If that's true, then it's more of a detriment than a benefit. Exercise and physical activity should not be excruciating.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    If it's hurting that much, you should really go see a doctor, Hap. If you are crying from pain, it's likely you are doing something wrong and perhaps making things worse.

At the very least, get medical assistance for creating a workout routine that works for you.
    I'll just take four ibuprofen tomorrow morning and muddle through.

I just have trouble walking in a straight line, it's no big deal. I've come up with a cute nickname for it -- "drunken leg syndrome."

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't get it.

Pain is a 2 or 3, yet it's woken me up twice in the middle of the night so far...

MBTI
    ENFJ

I can't sleep, I've given up, it's 6 AM.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

The diet program introduced a few new interesting ideas over the past month.

1. Eat 4 or more meals a day. Eat a meal every 2-4 hours.
    2. Practice the art of Hara Hachi Bu. Basically, that means eating until you are 80% full.

The idea is this: If you are starving after 2-3 hours, you didn't eat enough at your last meal (or ate the wrong thing). If you are still stuffed after 3-4 hours, you ate too much.

The ideal is to become quite hungry, but not entirely ravenous, sometime in the 2-4 time span after each meal.