User Tag List

First 1624252627283676126 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

12 minutes on the stationary (without falling off in a heap!), 30 minute power walk, same rigmarole with the 6 lb weights, yadda yadda. I've already announced my intention of getting a bikini body to my fambly so I guess I'm locked in. Darn me and my announcements.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENFJ

20 minute walk

I didn't get to take the long route today. It was raining this morning, and then I went shopping, and was so tired out that I had to take a siesta after that and before I knew it people were yelling at me about dinner and a movie that night. Also, the fact that the sidewalk was still wet checked my speed but I still managed to sweat and elevated my heart rate, so it wasn't useless.

I haven't noticed myself getting any stronger in the past few weeks but I have noticed that I've been sleeping a lot better and actually getting hungry (instead of just eating whenever food was thrust upon me). This counts as improvement, right?

Tomorrow I won't be doing anything, but I'll be at a festival a lot of the day and the grounds it's on are HUGE, so it isn't like I'll be sitting on my ass all day. I'll just try not to overdo it on the delicious festival food
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I got entirely too drunk last night, so i'm having trouble getting motivated! I do intend to do at least 45 minutes of wii fit at some point tonight.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INTP

Kolaches for breakfast, Mexican for lunch. Ah, well. I did go buy some healthy stuff at Whole Foods, though, and I'm about to take a walk around the neighborhood.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

*strolls out with Tallulah*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Um... I'm watching the Virginia Tech - Alabama football game. That counts as exercise, right? Riiight?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    12 minutes on the stationary (without falling off in a heap!), 30 minute power walk, same rigmarole with the 6 lb weights, yadda yadda. I've already announced my intention of getting a bikini body to my fambly so I guess I'm locked in. Darn me and my announcements.
    Yeah, you wouldn't imagine the pressure I've been feeling ever since I announced, in this thread, that I was going to work on my bikini body.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I haven't noticed myself getting any stronger in the past few weeks but I have noticed that I've been sleeping a lot better and actually getting hungry (instead of just eating whenever food was thrust upon me). This counts as improvement, right?
    Those are both very good signs - it means your body is getting a workout. I know that 'quick walking' doesn't sound impressive on paper, but it's actually a pretty wonderful workout. It's a moderate impact exercise which is good for the bones, but not tough on the joints like jogging.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I got entirely too drunk last night, so i'm having trouble getting motivated! I do intend to do at least 45 minutes of wii fit at some point tonight.
    Out of curiosity, what kind of workout does Wii fit provide?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Kolaches for breakfast, Mexican for lunch. Ah, well. I did go buy some healthy stuff at Whole Foods, though, and I'm about to take a walk around the neighborhood.
    Doing stuff like going to the store and buying healthy foods is really important! Things like that are easy to overlook, and can then come back to haunt you later. Consider the kolaches and Mexican as a reward.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

2 miles of running, 2 miles of walking, complete. I did it in the rain, and it rocked the casbah. The thunder and lightning TOTALLY motivated me. I went a bit faster as a result, completing the run in 5 1/2 songs instead of 6. I know, I'm a slow runner XD hahaha.

Level 3 of my workout DVD - Complete. I'll break down what I do during the course of the workout. All exercises are done for a set time, as many reps as possible within the timeframe, all exercises are done one after another, with no rest time inbetween.

1 Minutes warm up (Crossing the arms, windmills, double-jump rope, leg twists (I'm not sure how to describe these.. but you hold your arms out and lift your straight legs to and twist your opposite arms) butt kicks, and knee circles)

Circuit 1:
    Strength: 30 seconds plank walks (start out in push up position on your elbows, walk yourself up to your hands, and back down again)
    1 minute supermans
    Repeat those two

Cardio:
    30 seconds Mountain climbers
    30 seconds of sumo jumps (get into a sort of sumo squat, and jump up and down)
    Repeat

Abs:
    30 seconds Pike sit ups (arms out straight over your head, and sort of fold yourself into a V and go back down)
    30 seconds Scissor crunches (hands under your butt, legs straight up and a bit off the ground, and scissor them side to side)

Circuit 2:
    Strength:
    30 seconds Oscar winners (that's what I call em.. 5lb dumbbells, lift it up over your head, then squat down to touch it to the ground, and repeat)
    1 minute Jumping lunges (lunge, jump to switch legs, repeat)
    Repeat those two

Cardio:
    30 seconds Shadowboxing (squat down, punch out with dumbbells in hand)
    30 seconds butt kicks with arms engaged via dumbbells at 90 degrees
    repeat shadowboxing
    30 seconds jumping jacks with dumbbells

Abs:
    1 minute unassisted sit ups

Circuit 3:
    30 seconds Traveling Pushups (Walk walk, push, walk walk push from one side to the other)
    1 minute Plank raises. (Push up position but grasping the dumbbells. Lift left arm up like you're rowing it, then set it down. Lift right straight leg up and put it down. do opposite appendages, repeat.)
    Repeat those two.

Cardio:
    30 seconds squat jumps (squat down, jump up, repeat.)
    30 seconds Rockstar jumps (Jumping up high enough to kick your legs back behind you.)
    Repeat

Abs:
    1 minute side lifts (30 seconds each side)

Cool down 1 minute with stretching.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've planned to increase the distance ran by 10-15% per week.

I will need to close the gap with my current energy consumption (drinking + eating combined) and goal consumption with about 30% per week.

For example, this has been an extremely wet week, considering alcohol. I've drank perhaps 6 portions of alcohol / day. (there's an exceptional situation). I'll get down to optimal (1..1,5...2 per day) by decreasing 30% of the difference each week.

What's expectional? I haven't had free time for a while. I ended up sick, so I drank for my fun. That's once in 4-6 months or so.

The week before? That's okay, 2 portions of alcohol/day - within healthy limits, if a bit high. This week, not so. That's why I'm including it in my plan.

I don't do any drugs.

Still, learning from development possibilities in exercise, development should't come too fast. Learning not to use something is development as well. It's easier to increase one's consumption of unhealthy substances, and harder to decrease it. That's why I'm planning to decrease the amount of alcohol used by only 20-30% /week, even tho I experienced an incease of +200% this week. It's a weak spot for me, just like red meat, potato chips and few other foods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

Out of curiosity, what kind of workout does Wii fit provide?

It provides light to medium aerobic, yoga, balance and strength training. Most of the yoga poses and the strength training are sort of difficult for me, and the aerobic exercises do actually make you sweat if you do them long enough. I highly enjoy doing wii fit boxing on expert.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Wow, guys, you are all doing fantastic!!! So motivating!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I'm going to the gym today again! Hellz yeah. Will report when I get back.

Great job, guys!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.