User Tag List

First 157207247255256257258259267307 Last

Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3324

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Okay guys, I have a question.

Soooooo I was on a good way, I was losing weight and everything. Then my in-laws came and we had a big meal. After that, it seemed like my whole metabolism or hormone count went crazy, because I'm gaining weight rapidly....And that can't happen after one bad meal.

Now I'm back on track, eating like I did before, but still gaining weight even though I'm exercising. What is wrong?

(Please note: my measurements, if anything, are getting smaller, not larger).

Is this muscle mass or what????

MBTI
    ENFJ

Food you ate literally has weight, you know.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You speak of your reason to be healthy as if it's a given that you must be, you just need a reason why. The assumption is that the reason would be to live longer, to live healthier, but you could make yourself suffer only to be hit by a bus and die tomorrow.
    I don't have to be healthy, but at my core I want to be. There's just useless surface debris that I have to deal with first.

However, I refuse to continue living my life in diminishment because I *may* die tomorrow. Overcoming old, bad habits doesn't occur overnight, but they do relent if you persist. However, this is my attitude and belief, and I will not debate you on whether YOU should have it. That choice is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Okay guys, I have a question.

Soooooo I was on a good way, I was losing weight and everything. Then my in-laws came and we had a big meal. After that, it seemed like my whole metabolism or hormone count went crazy, because I'm gaining weight rapidly....And that can't happen after one bad meal.

Now I'm back on track, eating like I did before, but still gaining weight even though I'm exercising. What is wrong?

(Please note: my measurements, if anything, are getting smaller, not larger).

Is this muscle mass or what????
    I wouldn't worry about weight as long as your measurements continue in the right direction.

Hap made a good point about the weight of food - don't be surprised to see variances as high as 5 pounds (or more in some cases!). What you eat also dictates how much water you retain. Plus, you can gain as much as a pound or two a month of muscle mass if you are really lifting weights.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Heartburn woke me up at five AM.

My stomach is retarded.

Perhaps this is what I don't like about all this: that we go by the assumption that I am bad and I have no idea what's good for me, and that that needs to change. I must work from the inherent assumption that something is wrong with me. I don't like that -- and I think that's probably even damaging.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I want to kill an advocate of the "paleo" diet, like, right now.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Perhaps this is what I don't like about all this: that we go by the assumption that I am bad and I have no idea what's good for me, and that that needs to change. I must work from the inherent assumption that something is wrong with me. I don't like that -- and I think that's probably even damaging.
    I agree that you shouldn't take the viewpoint that there is something "wrong" with you, as that is damaging. I know I never said that.

However, you yourself have said that your nutritional needs are different because of the way your body processes food. That's a pretty lucent insight. What you do with that insight is up to you.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I agree that you shouldn't take the viewpoint that there is something "wrong" with you, as that is damaging. I know I never said that.

However, you yourself have said that your nutritional needs are different because of the way your body processes food. That's a pretty lucent insight. What you do with that insight is up to you.
    I had some neapolitan pizza last night and it made me really sick, but when I have pizza hut it doesn't. Maybe I can't process unprocessed foods.

I don't understand why it's automatically assumed that eating "whole" foods will make you feel good, and if only foods I can find in normal, non-specialty, non organic stores doesn't make me sick I still have to eat "whole" foods that make me feel sick.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm down another belt buckle size. The clothes that fit me at 297 are beginning to look baggy and sloppy, so I'll be hitting the local outlet mall this weekend to do a minor refresh.

I don't understand why it's automatically assumed that eating "whole" foods will make you feel good, and if only foods I can find in normal, non-specialty, non organic stores doesn't make me sick I still have to eat "whole" foods that make me feel sick.
    Whole foods are considered healthy because they maintain the fiber and nutrient content that gets removed in processed foods.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I need to stop thinking about exercise. It causes me so much pain...

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Urgh

Thursday: --
    Friday: --
    Saturday: Zumba
    Sunday: Zumba
    Monday: --

Being busy is kicking my ass royally :ouch:.
    I'm glad that I have 2-3 definite Zumba days, where another person is involved. Social things are difficult for me to say no to, so it works out lol.
    I am anxiously awaiting getting two of my teeth pulled on Thursday. Fixing any issues and bettering my health all around has become super important.

Speaking of that, time for passing out. My beauty sleep awaits :bats eyelashes:. Or some nonsense
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance