User Tag List

First 155205245253254255256257265305 Last

Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3324

  1. #2541
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What's the condition?
    PCOS. It significantly alters the way one processes food



    What are "exactly the right foods"? Be specific, as if you were trying to create exactly the right diet.
    The only things people are allowed to eat are lettuce, tomatoes, and fish, none of which I find remotely edible. However, if I were in a concentration camp, I would find them a veritable feast. Perhaps that's the point?

    What foods do I like? I don't like any of them (except maybe milk, but milk is bad, bad, BAD), I only eat the ones that taste good though, because I only find those tolerable. If I hate food, and if I put food on my plate that tastes bad, I might have a bite, but I'll leave the rest. (ooh, good dieting tip!) I only eat when it becomes too painful not to, and because my current meal plan requires me to eat a certain number of times a week (at this point, that's 14).



    No, I don't wonder. It's because most people that do these drastic surgeries are trying to avoid the hard road, and are looking for quick fixes to their weight problems.

    They alter their stomachs to attempt to curb their appetite, but they eventually regress to eating junk, not being nearly active enough, and living stressful lives.
    No. You are WRONG, the way these surgeries alters the stomach in such a way that one CANNOT eat "junk" without becoming extremely ill. And still, these people gain weight back. Generally, the people who undergo these surgeries have tried everything, and those who sell the surgeries to them advertise that "they will get their life back". They ingest only 800 kcal a day, and yet they still get fat again. They get diseases of the starving like beriberi, and yet, still, they're fat. Can you please explain this to me?

    You said yourself that you keep gaining your weight back. Have you ever wondered why? People keep trying to sell you something, and when it doesn't work, they blame you. Doesn't that tell you there's something wrong with the diet, and not wrong with you? I'm not even just talking about fad diets. I'm talking about everything -- and whether or not fat is bad, it's proven that yo-yo dieting is worse. But hey, at least your clothes will be cheap!



    You know, there *is* one thing that makes it nearly impossible to lose weight: Stress. See, stress takes blood away from the digestive system. Your metabolism shoots down to almost nothing, causing you to burn far less calories than normal.

    It can be legitimately difficult to lose significant weight when stressed (unless you starve yourself). However, that doesn't mean it's impossible to lose weight - it just means you have to handle the stress before you can even begin to handle the weight.
    Maybe you're right. Because all my stress is brought on by dieting, though, that makes it impossible for me to do such. We've figured it out. It's impossible for me to diet, because dieting makes me crazy, and being crazy makes me fat.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  2. #2542
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    PCOS. It significantly alters the way one processes food
    I'm sorry.

    Unfortunately, I have no clue how to handle the dietary concerns of someone with this condition. It honestly sounds like you don't either. Are you willing to seek out someone that might?

    The only things people are allowed to eat are lettuce, tomatoes, and fish, none of which I find remotely edible. However, if I were in a concentration camp, I would find them a veritable feast. Perhaps that's the point?
    Nope.

    No. You are WRONG, the way these surgeries alters the stomach in such a way that one CANNOT eat "junk" without becoming extremely ill. And still, these people gain weight back. Generally, the people who undergo these surgeries have tried everything, and those who sell the surgeries to them advertise that "they will get their life back". They ingest only 800 kcal a day, and yet they still get fat again. They get diseases of the starving like beriberi, and yet, still, they're fat. Can you please explain this to me?
    There is actually a very easy explanation for this. There's evidence that diets consisting of 800 cal or less significantly decrease metabolism, even in obese people. You can't lose weight if your body refuses to burn calories.

    Although this is a diversion from the real issue anyway, and I won't be pursuing this or any other subtopics further.

    Maybe you're right. Because all my stress is brought on by dieting, though, that makes it impossible for me to do such. We've figured it out. It's impossible for me to diet, because dieting makes me crazy, and being crazy makes me fat.
    Well there you go. Please don't let me interrupt your circular logic loop.

  3. #2543
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    What do I eat for lean protein when I hate all forms of it?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #2544
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What do I eat for lean protein when I hate all forms of it?
    A more comprehensive list.

    Lean meat:
    Ground beef, chicken, tuna, turkey

    Fish:
    Pretty much any fish will do

    Eggs:
    Egg whites, occasional whole eggs

    Low Fat Dairy:
    Cottage cheese, yogurt (this includes sugar free greek yogurt, I believe), part skim cheese, string cheese

    Vegetarian:
    Tofu, tempeh, soy burgers, soy jerkey, soy sausage, soy bacon, seitan

  5. #2545
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    What I will eat:

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Ground beef, chicken (very occasionally), turkey, greek yogurt, part skim cheese, string cheese
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  6. #2546
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Sounds like a good place to start!

  7. #2547
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Sounds like a good place to start!
    Not start, end.

    So I can go back to eating burgers now?

    Also, the inches seem to be back down. Funny how that works.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #2548
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    So I can go back to eating burgers now?
    Sure. I would normally recommend not making them a staple of your diet, but do what works best for you.

  9. #2549
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Sure. I would normally recommend not making them a staple of your diet, but do what works best for you.
    Well, often the choice is either ham or burgers, and by your list, I should pick the burgers. I don't eat most of the bread anyways, so it's not like I'm getting excess carbs from it, either.

    I stopped eating spinach for the past few days and my waist seems to have gone back down. I have no idea what the fuck happened.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  10. #2550
    Seriously Delirious Udog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    5,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Well, often the choice is either ham or burgers, and by your list, I should pick the burgers. I don't eat most of the bread anyways, so it's not like I'm getting excess carbs from it, either.

    I stopped eating spinach for the past few days and my waist seems to have gone back down. I have no idea what the fuck happened.
    Might just be fluids, but I'm not sure either.

    Burgers aren't that bad at all if you skip on the bun and limit the condiments. I can never seem to do that, though, so I just limited myself.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 12:04 PM
  2. Reflective exercises, assessments and tools
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM
  3. TypeC Exercise Challenge! Anyone interested?
    By Udog in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and Exercise Program?
    By INTJMom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
  5. Mantra & Exercises to Stimulate Peace and Transpersonal States
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO