Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    1. there is no (un-horrifically-bruised) fruit here

2. there is no lean protein, either
    What types of proteins do they have?

Eating requires me to cleanse my palate very often. My throat gets sticky with things that taste and with each consecutive bite it tastes worse. It takes an entire glass of water to cleanse the palate of this... gunky crap in the back of my throat. That would be 20 glasses of water or so each meal. Do you really expect me to do that? I hate that food does this to me. I don't eat unless I also have something flavored to drink. Otherwise it lingers in the back of my mouth for hours. I wish I was able to just wash it out with water like normal people can, but water just isn't strong enough.
    Man, that sounds really tough. Do foods like brownies, nutella, and other sweets cause this issue as well?

Anyway, in general, it really does sound like a bad situation. I wish I knew what to tell you. Can you have a doctor (or someone at your school) check this out?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What types of proteins do they have?
    They generally have a lot of burgers and pizza. Sometimes they have chicken. Often, it's not very good chicken (trust me, I've tried it). They don't seem to be very good at cooking meat here. This place is famous for "vegan" options, which is strange, because they don't often seem to have beans, either, not that I would be eating beans.

Man, that sounds really tough. Do foods like brownies, nutella, and other sweets cause this issue as well?

Anyway, in general, it really does sound like a bad situation. I wish I knew what to tell you. Can you have a doctor (or someone at your school) check this out?
    It happens with every kind of food, it doesn't really matter what. It's some kind of weird aspie thing or something. I do not like to taste food after I have eaten it. It should be gone and over with.

It probably sounds silly and childish but that's just how I am. Silly, and childish.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

They generally have a lot of burgers and pizza. Sometimes they have chicken. Often, it's not very good chicken (trust me, I've tried it). They don't seem to be very good at cooking meat here. This place is famous for "vegan" options, which is strange, because they don't often seem to have beans, either, not that I would be eating beans.

It happens with every kind of food, it doesn't really matter what. It's some kind of weird aspie thing or something. I do not like to taste food after I have eaten it. It should be gone and over with.

It probably sounds silly and childish but that's just how I am. Silly, and childish.
    I'm completely missing the real problem here, aren't I? If any of my advice only added to your stress, I apologize.

You aren’t in any way, shape, or form remiss in seeking professional medical advice. While your current viewpoint isn’t the one you will need to ultimately make progress, you aren’t silly and childish either. You only become childish when you refuse to face the issue, and become unwilling to accept responsibility for your decisions.

A doctor or dietician familiar with your school’s food options, and your dietary needs, are both places to start. I can’t tell if your hatred of food is because of physiological or psychological issues, but either way, it’s a valid issue that deserves attention. I guess the real question is, is eating a healthy, nutritious diet important to you? Is it worth the work? You may discover that, really, you don't care about it that much. And that's your choice to make.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Monday: --
    Tuesday: Zumba

Today is when my busy activity day really begins.
    I have my walking segment of my Applied Modern Health class. Have to 1 1/2miles in 21min or less. Powerwalking much? Hm.
    Then 1.5hours of International Folk Dance (oh jeebus, it's fun).
    Later on, another Zumba class.

:workout:

Have to go fill up my water bottles.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm completely missing the real problem here, aren't I? If any of my advice only added to your stress, I apologize.

You aren’t in any way, shape, or form remiss in seeking professional medical advice. While your current viewpoint isn’t the one you will need to ultimately make progress, you aren’t silly and childish either. You only become childish when you refuse to face the issue, and become unwilling to accept responsibility for your decisions.

A doctor or dietician familiar with your school’s food options, and your dietary needs, are both places to start. I can’t tell if your hatred of food is because of physiological or psychological issues, but either way, it’s a valid issue that deserves attention. I guess the real question is, is eating a healthy, nutritious diet important to you? Is it worth the work? You may discover that, really, you don't care about it that much. And that's your choice to make.
    I don't know. I've been having all these weird anorectic thoughts that I've never had before ever since starting this. There's something wrong with this. Simply eating would be more of an issue than eating healthy.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I don't know. I've been having all these weird anorectic thoughts that I've never had before ever since starting this. There's something wrong with this. Simply eating would be more of an issue than eating healthy.
    Yeah, this rabbit hole often goes deep.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Yeah, this rabbit hole often goes deep.
    I don't know if you understand.

I started this trying to outrun my inevitable genetics. I ended up only seeing that my body reflects badly on my character. It's a stupid fucking ugly gluttonous consumerist American stupid fucking ugly body I have, and I don't deserve to eat because of it, and I shouldn't subject others to it because it's exactly as I say. I don't deserve medical care I don't deserve a job I don't deserve anything. I disgust myself because my body says I have absolutely no self control and I believe it. And every time I hear about parents teaching children bad eating habits, I look at my dad and my brother who eat horribly and are really fat, and my mother who eats the best out of both of us, and exercises the most out of all of us, and does the most work, and she's STILL. REALLY. FAT, so she must be doing some kind of terrible sin to deserve her fatness that I don't know about.

Because, you know, fat people didn't exist before the 1990s, except in my family, because we're freaks. Either that, or all the family pictures are photoshopped into fatness, but why would anybody do that?

It makes me so sick and it makes me even sicker that I never thought this way before.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I don't know if you understand.

I started this trying to outrun my inevitable genetics. I ended up only seeing that my body reflects badly on my character.
    I have this issue, too. My returns have begun to diminish, so I asked my coach if he had any ideas on how to handle my waning motivation. He responded by asking me, "Does it really matter if you eat a nutritious diet? Why does it matter what you eat?"

I initially started off saying something that amounted to parroting facts pulled from a school text book. Once I realized what I was doing, I really asked myself WHY it was important that I eat nutritious food. Do you know what? Deprived of my trite rationalizations, I couldn't think of a single reason why it was really important that I eat right.

So I ran an experiment, and asked myself, "Why does it NOT matter what I eat?" After asking myself that, my mind bombarded me with answers:

I am an idiot for getting this way, and I deserve to stay that way.
    It's too late, I'm already fat. No point fixing it now.
    Afternoon naps due to sugar crashes don't bother me, because it's not like I was planning on doing anything that excited me anyway. (That one REALLY bothers me.)
    I have failed every other time I tried to lose weight, will probably fail again, and am only stressing myself out.
    I don't deserve to be healthy and happy.

... Oh, and the list went on. No wonder I've struggled for so long. I have more reasons for wanting to stay fat than I do for losing the weight.

I'm not saying that this is your issue... what I guess I'm trying to say, Hap, is that I do somewhat understand, although I won't claim to fully get it. However, I'm powerless to really offer great advice, because I'm still in it, too.

The biggest thing I have going for me, though, is that I will not give up. I'm going to keep on fighting until I get the ending I ultimately want. In the end, you don't have to succeed right away as long as you are persistent enough.

It's a stupid fucking ugly gluttonous consumerist American stupid fucking ugly body I have, and I don't deserve to eat because of it, and I shouldn't subject others to it because it's exactly as I say. I don't deserve medical care I don't deserve a job I don't deserve anything. I disgust myself because my body says I have absolutely no self control and I believe it. And every time I hear about parents teaching children bad eating habits, I look at my dad and my brother who eat horribly and are really fat, and my mother who eats the best out of both of us, and exercises the most out of all of us, and does the most work, and she's STILL. REALLY. FAT, so she must be doing some kind of terrible sin to deserve her fatness that I don't know about.
    I know that it's painful and frustrating, but it's very rare that I see people willing to be so honest about their demons and frustrations. That's a HUGE step in conquering them.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Why does it not matter what you eat?

My first answer would be, "Life is short and you shouldn't waste it eating food you don't like." And that's precisely it. I'm sick of chicken, I can't stand beans, and am totally traumatized by fish (don't ask). Forcing more down my throat would make me lose my will to live.

It sounds stupid, but it's true. Knowing that I will have to eat things I hate each time I have to eat will make me not want to eat... and then I'll eat less and less... and dread eating. Eating becomes punishment for the body. But that's exactly what it should be, shouldn't it?

Eating should be a chore, an exercise of math, a test of tolerance, suffering. And you do this at least three times a day. Is it any wonder that I skipped meals, ate less and less, preferred to go hungry?

Why does it matter that I eat healthy? Because I am fat, and because of this, people look down on me if I do not eat a "healthy," anorexic diet. I am a disgusting being who does not deserve enjoyment. I do not deserve to live, and eating is necessary for life, so therefore I do not deserve to eat.

And severe calorie restriction is the only way to keep from being fat. I should be starving as my ancestors did, because those were the only conditions they were thin in. As soon as they moved to America they ballooned up, even when they were still relatively poor. I can't leave the country until I am stick thin, otherwise I am a bad representative of the country. It doesn't matter if I'm intelligent or sensitive, I'm fat so it doesn't matter.

I DID NOT HAVE these thoughts before. It's my deprived brain thinking them. Gaining an inch on my waist would not cause me to have a total personal crisis. I really didn't care, I would have just gone up a notch on my belt and not bat an eye. Because, before I was "healthy," I rarely got sick and was happy. I couldn't keep up in gym, but at least I had my sanity.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I guess this all really proves that I DON'T have any self-control.