User Tag List

First 149199239247248249250251259299 Last

Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3324

MBTI
    ENFJ

My new campus is very walking accessable. This is good.

The only reason I'm not walking it right now is because I still feel sick.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I'd say I'm back into the swing of things.
    I was hoping my 56 year old Zumba instructor would be in today. She used to have knee problems, but worked through them. Now she bounces around like no tomorrow and without an ounce of flinching. I need her secrets because my knees hate the hell out of me right now .
    Focus on:
    1) Leg and hip stretches.
    2) Muscle strength.
    3) Proper technique.

Assuming you don't have any major knee issues, those will take you far. You also significantly lower the stress on your knees as you lose weight.

Raaaah. Next time I go grocery shopping- I'll need a plan for this express purpose. A lot of people have said beans, cheeses, nuts, and peanut butter. I can't complain about not being a bottomless pit , but it does make it difficult in the meantime.
    Cheeses have higher saturated fat content. They are perfectly fine, but eat them in moderation. Also, if you are looking at cheese you can look at lowfat cottage cheese and lowfat yogurt.

I don't recommend the non-fat stuff because I have taste buds.

Did you try out the Turbokick thing? I want to make sure you survive once you do!
    Not yet... went rollerblading last week. I may try a class this week.

Sparkpeople threw out two interesting factoids to me today-
    1. while resting, lung capacity is reduced to 10-15%.
    2. if someone is/becomes obese, a friend of theirs is 57% more likely to become obese.
    Interesting. If you want to learn more about #2, check out this video from TED on how social networks influence us:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-tOghblfE&feature=player_embedded"]Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks [/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    My new campus is very walking accessable. This is good.

The only reason I'm not walking it right now is because I still feel sick.
    I hope you feel better soon! Glad to hear you made it and enjoy the layout of the campus.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I hope you feel better soon! Glad to hear you made it and enjoy the layout of the campus.
    Water seems to have revived me for another fifteen minutes.

I think people should just shut up about obesity for a while and see what happens, you know?

It's weird, people always talk about cravings, and the only thing I seem to really want is dairy.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Water seems to have revived me for another fifteen minutes.

I think people should just shut up about obesity for a while and see what happens, you know?

It's weird, people always talk about cravings, and the only thing I seem to really want is dairy.
    Is "dairy" code word for "ice cream" by any chance? Cuz if so, I understand completely.

Also, I've heard some interesting theories about how the "obesity epidemic" is largely just fear mongering by corporations to feed into the multi-billion dollar health industry. There's probably some truth to it, too. Some of what is considered obese today would have been considered ideal in earlier ages.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Is "dairy" code word for "ice cream" by any chance? Cuz if so, I understand completely.

Also, I've heard some interesting theories about how the "obesity epidemic" is largely just fear mongering by corporations to feed into the multi-billion dollar health industry. There's probably some truth to it, too. Some of what is considered obese today would have been considered ideal in earlier ages.
    If "ice cream" is code for milk with a fat percentage higher than 0, greek yogurt, tea lattes and hot milk chocolate, then yeah, I'm totally into ice cream. I think I learned my dairy tolerance at the Minnesota state fair -- as long as I have fewer than 5 servings a day, I should probably be okay.

It just seems suspect to me how the standards keep moving in one direction -- down. Because of this, many people who would not have been diagnosed with health issues before now are, which makes it seem like an epidemic. Whether the standards are rightfully being moved down is questionable, and it makes it seem that all of the sudden things have suddenly changed and there's a problem, when such a "problem" may have been there before.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Unkind - I did the Turbokick workout today. I survived, but it was indeed quite challenging. My punches and kicks near the end of the routine would have had questionable ability to intimidate potential thugs. Overall, I enjoyed it though. Far more fun than 45 minutes of an elliptical machine.

Zumba class isn't available on Saturdays, so I won't be able to try it out this month.

If "ice cream" is code for milk with a fat percentage higher than 0, greek yogurt, tea lattes and hot milk chocolate, then yeah, I'm totally into ice cream. I think I learned my dairy tolerance at the Minnesota state fair -- as long as I have fewer than 5 servings a day, I should probably be okay.
    Yeah, that's totally what I meant by "ice cream"!

And yeah, all of those foods are tasty. I can understand the cravings. Dairy has lots of fat and protein, and when you combine it with sugar, it becomes a potent combo.

It just seems suspect to me how the standards keep moving in one direction -- down. Because of this, many people who would not have been diagnosed with health issues before now are, which makes it seem like an epidemic. Whether the standards are rightfully being moved down is questionable, and it makes it seem that all of the sudden things have suddenly changed and there's a problem, when such a "problem" may have been there before.
    The B.M.I. is the biggest bunch of BS ever. I have no idea why we use it, outside of the fact that it makes it easy for insurance companies to label a person as unhealthy. It was created over 150 years ago by a mathematician, and wasn't even intended for medical use. And we won't get into what drug company lobbying has done to change the standards.

But I do believe there's a problem - the increase in cardiovascular disease at earlier ages and young children becoming diabetic really suggest we have an issue. However, instead of really analyzing that, lets just say there's an epidemic that an expensive diet plan will cure with 10 minutes of exercise and a powdered drink!

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Thursday: Zumba
    Friday: --
    Saturday: Zumba

I messaged the one instructor the other night. She said she would show me some specifics after one of her classes. I'm hoping to go to her class early tomorrow morning (providing my car allows it ).
    Focus on:
    1) Leg and hip stretches.
    2) Muscle strength.
    3) Proper technique.

Assuming you don't have any major knee issues, those will take you far. You also significantly lower the stress on your knees as you lose weight.

Cheeses have higher saturated fat content. They are perfectly fine, but eat them in moderation. Also, if you are looking at cheese you can look at lowfat cottage cheese and lowfat yogurt.
    I don't recommend the non-fat stuff because I have taste buds.

Interesting. If you want to learn more about #2, check out this video from TED on how social networks influence us:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-tOghblfE&feature=player_embedded"]Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networks [/YOUTUBE]
    Thanks . I could/should dedicate more time to stretching. I do a bit, but I could utilize more of my down time. Weight loss is sloooow .. well not that slow, but I'm just making a fuss

I wish I liked cottage cheese. I probably should give it a second shot, since I tried some whipped version once. It was like Ricotta.. I just wanted to slather it on pasta.
    My Dad made a face when I was checking out some 50-75% reduced fat cheddar ha, so I bought a small thing of normal cheddar and monterey jack. I did get some pecans, almonds, and beans though! Yay.

I still need to watch the last few minutes of that clip. It's very interesting, but completely understandable. I can definitely tune into the emotional groups, thass srs ENFJ biznass . It's actually a big part of why I hang with INFPs, they keep the vibe mellow and can be contained otherwise lol.
    Something interesting, I noticed that I've been the overweight one in my group, but it was always the skinny people being the bad influences. They were the biggest fat kids at heart and now that I've been rid of them, it's easier for me to make better choices. So odd. They may be skinny, but I wouldn't put much stock in their health.
    Unkind - I did the Turbokick workout today. I survived, but it was indeed quite challenging. My punches and kicks near the end of the routine would have had questionable ability to intimidate potential thugs. Overall, I enjoyed it though. Far more fun than 45 minutes of an elliptical machine.

Zumba class isn't available on Saturdays, so I won't be able to try it out this month.
    Glad to hear you are alive after it. Is it as high-intensity as youtube clips would lead me to believe? Lots of bouncing and "RAH"ing?
    I'll be rooting for a future Zumba adventure for you. I don't think I could ever abandon my favorite cult.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I wish I liked cottage cheese. I probably should give it a second shot, since I tried some whipped version once. It was like Ricotta.. I just wanted to slather it on pasta.
    Definitely worth trying again. I like eating cottage cheese with an apple. You know.. not mixed together or anything, just in the same meal.

Something interesting, I noticed that I've been the overweight one in my group, but it was always the skinny people being the bad influences. They were the biggest fat kids at heart and now that I've been rid of them, it's easier for me to make better choices. So odd. They may be skinny, but I wouldn't put much stock in their health.
    Those are the people that will probably become obese when they are in their forties.

Glad to hear you are alive after it. Is it as high-intensity as youtube clips would lead me to believe? Lots of bouncing and "RAH"ing?
    I'll be rooting for a future Zumba adventure for you. I don't think I could ever abandon my favorite cult.
    Well, I think I stumbled into the Secret Land of Pregnant Women. 4 of the women there were with child, including the instructor. I had to take a shower to wash the hormones off of me after the class. So it wasn't as high intensity as the demo videos, but it was still pretty high intensity for those that could keep up.

If nothing else, I ROCKED the break portions.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Dude, I'm starting again YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Well, I think I stumbled into the Secret Land of Pregnant Women. 4 of the women there were with child, including the instructor. I had to take a shower to wash the hormones off of me after the class. So it wasn't as high intensity as the demo videos, but it was still pretty high intensity for those that could keep up.

If nothing else, I ROCKED the break portions.
    I know what you mean. Sometimes I need to move weights back and forth between studios at work. There can be over 30 women in one, the estrogen is intimidating. Especially if they start saying "gosh, you are strong"...