Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3324

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    My sides/back are hurting for no reason, should I even be running? I get a stitch in my side just from walking a decent distance now.
    The stitch in your side while jogging is usually caused by improper breathing.

Walking/jogging that sort of distance can be stressful on the joints, too. Be sure to take days off.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Jogging is a little too hard on my foot. I've had 7 surgeries on my left foot and just now have gotten through physical therapy and am able to walk long distances without a lot of pain for the first time. Things like jogging and treadmills where there is a strong impact between my foot and the ground is painful. I do alright with something like an elliptical where I don't have to pick up my foot.

Taking a look at that book though.
    Man, that sucks. Yeah, perhaps jogging isn't the best option right now!

Are bicycling or rollerblading options?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    The stitch in your side while jogging is usually caused by improper breathing.

Walking/jogging that sort of distance can be stressful on the joints, too. Be sure to take days off.
    So I improperly breathe all the time? and starving makes me breathe better, I guess...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I should utilize this thread.

I'd say the only traditional exercise I've done in the past two months has been walking. Otherwise, I take Zumba classes and use Wii games.
    The past few days:
    Saturday - Zumba 60min
    Sunday - Wii: Gold's Gym 80min
    Tonight - Zumba 60min.

Since 6/20, I've lost 14lbs. I don't flaunt that information, because I don't quite care yet . I've developed STJ 'that's not good enough' attitude toward it ha.
    -

I also made an Inspiration Board on Stixy.com. It's a bit corny, but it's motivational.
    This is mine: Unkind Pass: musclemilk
    *Beware lady-butts

Also, Udog, Sup
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I should utilize this thread.

I'd say the only traditional exercise I've done in the past two months has been walking. Otherwise, I take Zumba classes and use Wii games.
    The past few days:
    Saturday - Zumba 60min
    Sunday - Wii: Gold's Gym 80min
    Tonight - Zumba 60min.

Since 6/20, I've lost 14lbs. I don't flaunt that information, because I don't quite care yet . I've developed STJ 'that's not good enough' attitude toward it ha.
    -

I also made an Inspiration Board on Stixy.com. It's a bit corny, but it's motivational.
    This is mine: Unkind Pass: musclemilk
    *Beware lady-butts

Also, Udog, Sup
    'sup. How's life treatin' ya?

And congrats - 14 pounds in 2 months is great! If the 'not good enough' attitude keeps you motivated, then I say go for it. Just be sure to have an idea of what IS good enough, okay?

What's Zumba like? My local gym just started offering it, and I'm debating between that and "TurboKick" as a possible activity on my cardio workout days.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Are bicycling or rollerblading options?
    Ehhh. I don't live in an area where it's particularly safe to go roaming around alone. Even during the day.

I'm just being whiney. I know I need to just get into the habit of driving to a gym every day after class. Thats just so much more inconvenient than it used to be, that I want to sit here all grumpy and throw a pity party for myself.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ

Just stopping in to say I have been reading the thread.
    I'm leaving for Europe today.
    I'll be back Labor Day weekend.
    Looking forward to getting my exercising back on track.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Ehhh. I don't live in an area where it's particularly safe to go roaming around alone. Even during the day.

I'm just being whiney. I know I need to just get into the habit of driving to a gym every day after class. Thats just so much more inconvenient than it used to be, that I want to sit here all grumpy and throw a pity party for myself.
    Pity parties are an INFP favorite!! I'll bring the booze if you bring the tears!

You know, it's all about priorities. I don't know what your ultimate goals are, but if health is a priority, then isn't it worth giving a chunk of your day to meet that priority? And depending on your specific goals, a gym may or may not be the best option for you.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Just stopping in to say I have been reading the thread.
    I'm leaving for Europe today.
    I'll be back Labor Day weekend.
    Looking forward to getting my exercising back on track.
    *envies*

Have a fantastic trip, Mom!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've been maintaining 130-135 weight goal rather well. I dipped too low (down to 127-8) a while back, but now I'm running again and hitting the gym a couple times a week for strength training. I haven't been rigorously watching my weight, just portion control and healthier swaps here and there.

My sister is trying to loes her baby weight. I warned her that if she just ate whatever she felt like eating all day everyday she'd gain massive weight... She gained like 80 lbs during pregnancy obviously before she had the baby, and I had to remind her that the baby itself only weighs like <10 oz of that. Now she's upset about the whole thing.. so I gotta help her make a meal roster to keep her on track.

When it comes to cooking, I feel very natural about it. I can look at a recipe, identify important pieces of it, and adjust and tweek it to customize it to myself and my kitchen. My sister follows recipes to the T. Lord forbid we just pinch some pepper in instead of popping the top and measuring 1/4 tsp.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

'sup. How's life treatin' ya?

And congrats - 14 pounds in 2 months is great! If the 'not good enough' attitude keeps you motivated, then I say go for it. Just be sure to have an idea of what IS good enough, okay?

What's Zumba like? My local gym just started offering it, and I'm debating between that and "TurboKick" as a possible activity on my cardio workout days.
    Thanks mister. I'm keeping in mind when it suffices.
    Life is pretty good. Starting college in under two weeks, trying to keep the stress low and the efficiency moderate-high ha. Otherwise, I've just been palling around with debbiegirl and working out.
    How have you been? Just read that you hit a health speed bump around two months ago, everything all good? If there's another meetup anytime, I damned well expect to see you there

Zumba.. is a cult (says the ENFJ). Latin fusion funtimes, that I would absolutely recommend and back. My big butt burns heaps of calories every time and it's just a lot of fun.
    There are a number of men who go to the classes at my gym. Most of them seem to love it, even if they feel a bit silly at first. There are a lot of latin dance moves, but they try to keep a somewhat easy-to-follow repetition so everyone can catch on and keep up. Don't be surprised at a lot of chest pumping and bootyshaking. Turbokick might grant you more manly dignity than Zumba, but there's definitely fun things to watch in a Zumba class.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    She gained like 80 lbs during pregnancy obviously before she had the baby, and I had to remind her that the baby itself only weighs like <10 oz of that. Now she's upset about the whole thing.. so I gotta help her make a meal roster to keep her on track.
    Egads. Remind her that about 30lbs of that was good, necessary "i has babytime naow" weight.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Thanks mister. I'm keeping in mind when it suffices.
    Life is pretty good. Starting college in under two weeks, trying to keep the stress low and the efficiency moderate-high ha. Otherwise, I've just been palling around with debbiegirl and working out.
    How have you been? Just read that you hit a health speed bump around two months ago, everything all good? If there's another meetup anytime, I damned well expect to see you there
    Hey, I'm totally game for another NYC meetup - the last one was pretty fun. Plus, I didn't even get to finish playing stupid tourist in Manhattan.

Ah... gotta love college. Just be sure to find time to fit workouts in between classes. Or you could always bring your equipment to class and workout in the back. It'll be like watching TV during exercise...

As far as my health speed bump, I'm 99% better. Thanks for asking. I can workout again, which is the main thing. Not being able to do much of anything for 6 weeks sucked.

Zumba.. is a cult (says the ENFJ). Latin fusion funtimes, that I would absolutely recommend and back. My big butt burns heaps of calories every time and it's just a lot of fun.
    There are a number of men who go to the classes at my gym. Most of them seem to love it, even if they feel a bit silly at first. There are a lot of latin dance moves, but they try to keep a somewhat easy-to-follow repetition so everyone can catch on and keep up. Don't be surprised at a lot of chest pumping and bootyshaking. Turbokick might grant you more manly dignity than Zumba, but there's definitely fun things to watch in a Zumba class.
    Wait, so I have to choose between watching fun things in Zumba class and the opportunity to taunt women that think they can beat me up? Oh man, this is an impossible decision you lay before me! How will I ever choose?

Oh, and thanks for the description.