User Tag List

First 146196236244245246247248256296 Last

Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 3324

MBTI
    ENFJ

Not each time, that would be too difficult...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Whatever works best for you.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm a little sad... The apartment I am moving into does not have a gym in the apartment complex. I used to do cardio 5x a week when I didn't have to leave my apartment to go to the gym. But I can't imagine I'm going to be nearly as consistent when I have to drive to a gym.

Frankly, I used to just go to the gym at 3am or so when I was awake and there was nothing to do. There are no gyms in the area that are open overnight.

I just feel like moving is going to make me lazy again.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENFJ

I have a feeling going to college will make me fat.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I have a feeling going to college will make me fat.
    I lost weight when I went to college because I got away from my mother's cooking.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm a little sad... The apartment I am moving into does not have a gym in the apartment complex. I used to do cardio 5x a week when I didn't have to leave my apartment to go to the gym. But I can't imagine I'm going to be nearly as consistent when I have to drive to a gym.

Frankly, I used to just go to the gym at 3am or so when I was awake and there was nothing to do. There are no gyms in the area that are open overnight.

I just feel like moving is going to make me lazy again.
    Is jogging outside an option? Can you make your apartment a gym? This book (free for online download) has some good ideas: Brain Over Brawn

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Udog asked me in a rep comment if I'm still doing the Men's Health Personal Trainer program. (Silly Udog, I can't reply to rep comments!)

Yes, I am still doing the program, and I can see noticeable differences in my body. I haven't kept track of inches lost but I have dropped two pants sizes since I started in February, and have lost nearly 30 pounds, though I have been kinda fluctuating in the 221-225 or so area for several weeks now.

I'm nearing the end of Phase 3 of the Testosterone Advantage Workout, which is the powerlifting phase. (Powerlifting for me means I'm actually getting up to 30 pound dumbbells for some exercises. )

When I finish next week, that will be the end of that 9 week workout plan, so I'll be taking a week off and then starting a different workout plan. I might change the meal plan too, but I don't know, because the T.A. seems to be the only one that gives me enough protein, so I like it for that reason. We'll see.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Udog asked me in a rep comment if I'm still doing the Men's Health Personal Trainer program. (Silly Udog, I can't reply to rep comments!)

Yes, I am still doing the program, and I can see noticeable differences in my body. I haven't kept track of inches lost but I have dropped two pants sizes since I started in February, and have lost nearly 30 pounds, though I have been kinda fluctuating in the 221-225 or so area for several weeks now.

I'm nearing the end of Phase 3 of the Testosterone Advantage Workout, which is the powerlifting phase. (Powerlifting for me means I'm actually getting up to 30 pound dumbbells for some exercises. )

When I finish next week, that will be the end of that 9 week workout plan, so I'll be taking a week off and then starting a different workout plan. I might change the meal plan too, but I don't know, because the T.A. seems to be the only one that gives me enough protein, so I like it for that reason. We'll see.
    I repped you in case you didn't want to answer. Anyway, congrats!

When the scale fails, sometimes it helps to look for other signs that your body composition is improving. Have you noticed any changes in the past 3 weeks? Are clothes getting looser? Do you see more muscle definition in the mirror?

MBTI
    ENFJ

My sides/back are hurting for no reason, should I even be running? I get a stitch in my side just from walking a decent distance now.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Is jogging outside an option? Can you make your apartment a gym? This book (free for online download) has some good ideas: Brain Over Brawn
    Jogging is a little too hard on my foot. I've had 7 surgeries on my left foot and just now have gotten through physical therapy and am able to walk long distances without a lot of pain for the first time. Things like jogging and treadmills where there is a strong impact between my foot and the ground is painful. I do alright with something like an elliptical where I don't have to pick up my foot.

Taking a look at that book though.

~