User Tag List

First 141191231239240241242243251291 Last

Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3324

MBTI
    GONE

Ummm...I started working out with a trainer who specializes in 30 minute 'high intensity' cross fit inspired weight work outs. First I did it 3x a week and now 4x. After these, I do 1 hour of cardio (power walking) on the treadmill. The goal starting this week is to hit the gym or do a light work out everyday I'm not having a training session. (So far so good, I made it to the gym for a 45 minute cardio session and walked 1 mile outside)

My diet could use improvement. I only eat 2x a day normally and often skip breakfast (bad, I know!) So I've started making myself eat oatmeal and some coffee within 40 minutes of waking up. Even if I don't feel hungry, I'll try to eat something 'healthy' as all the working out is making my appetite and energy levels wonky.

I have not lost any weight.

In fact, I have GAINED weight. I hope it's mostly muscle. My arms are getting defined. I think my thighs are getting bigger. My clothes do NOT fit looser, in fact, the opposite - I am busting out of jeans that used to be loose on me (2 years ago, 1 year ago, 4 months ago ) My body shape is being changed, just not in the way I had anticipated Also, disturbing to me is my stomach is strangely NOT flat, but it's been like that for a while. Even when I have been heavier, my stomach is naturally pretty flat. I blame this on age. DAMN YOU HORMONES!!!

My trainer said since I already did the work of losing about ~25 lbs a few years ago and have now plateaued, I need to focus on changing my body composition and getting stronger, not necessarily on weight. She rec'd losing 1/2 a lb a week. But that is So. Little. So. Slow.

My goal is basically to look hot in clothes. And to be able to wear EVERYTHING I want. It makes shopping SOOOOOOOO much easier. And more fun.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Yay!!
    My very own cheerleader. Thanks, Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    My goal is basically to look hot in clothes. And to be able to wear EVERYTHING I want. It makes shopping SOOOOOOOO much easier. And more fun.
    Heck yeah!

I have a similar goal (although it's a bit of a bonus for me rather than my main goal which is fitness).

My height obscures A LOT. I remember, when I first got intimate with my SO, they commented on my being more fleshy than I looked. I can get away with most clothes but, dammit, I wanna look good in everything (and naked) too.

A little late but congrats on losing those 25Ibs. (does mental calculation.... hmmm.... over 10kgs... WOW!)

Dali

I have these fitted white trousers I bought 2 months ago. I bought them to spur myself into losing weight. They were REALLY tight on me and I've never worn them. Last night, I tried them on and they were pretty slack. I had to wear a belt to hold them up.

Sweet!

I hope this weightloss/toning doesn't plateau at some point. But then again, when that happens, it will be my cue to join a gym and begin on the strength training/body sculpting.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I have these fitted white trousers I bought 2 months ago. I bought them to spur myself into losing weight. They were REALLY tight on me and I've never worn them. Last night, I tried them on and they were pretty slack. I had to wear a belt to hold them up.

Sweet!

I hope this weightloss/toning doesn't plateau at some point. But then again, when that happens, it will be my cue to join a gym and begin on the strength training/body sculpting.
    You will always plateau. How long it takes before you do, and what is needed to move past it depends on age, genetics, etc.

Dali

When that happens, I know who to come to for protips. BIG guns, bro!

Today, I did another five miles. I wasn't too exhausted by the end of it. Though how much of that is attributable to increased stamina, and how much to the endorphin high (feels bloody awesome), I don't know. Qui vivra verra. I think its time to add another two or three miles.

Dali

I may be taking this healthy eating thing a little too far.

Just realised I'm taking in less than 800 calories a day (while exercising every day). I would previously ingest between 4 to 6 times that amount. Time to call my nutritionist pal for tips...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    I may be taking this healthy eating thing a little too far.

Just realised I'm taking in less than 800 calories a day (while exercising every day). I would previously ingest between 4 to 6 times that amount. Time to call my nutritionist pal for tips...
    :horor:

Yeah, 800 calories is low, even without exercise. Good luck with your nutritionist friend - that sounds like a great idea!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Bench pressed a box of books. I'm wondering if I can convince mom not to sell these.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFJ

Help! Somebody get me a respirator!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

^

Hap - have been meaning to ask you this, are you anemic, by any chance? Some of your symptoms fit the description - esp the feeling dizzy. Get your iron levels checked. Just a general blood test would be good.