User Tag List

First 1422232425263474124 Last

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Over two ambitious days: more 6 lb weights upper, 130 minutes walking, etc.

We've gotten a cardio dvd recently that I should probably try. No finger in the mouth though. It's clearly not as sexy or powerful.

Remember LL, muscle weighs more than fat! I still have to struggle into blue jeans but not because of fat, because of a bodacious muscle-y booty. *pats booty*
    YAY, okay, maybe there is no need for concern. I mean, I have been watching! And working out!

People are commenting, so I must be doing something right.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFJ

25 minutes pilates

I think I did it better this time because I felt something? I dunno. Hopefully I can remember some of the exercises for this weekend, otherwise I'll walk to the end of the street and back (2-3 miles-ish)

I think I'll make Sunday my 'day off' because I'll be going to a festival and I'll probably be too tired after that to do anything anyway.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm in.

I'm currently sick, but will be ok perhaps the soonest monday. This is why you've seen me here instead of where I've supposed to have been

Doctors here recommend I take a week before I engage in exercise.

Now here's my goals.

I want to be able to finish a marathon in less than 5 hours. If there's no suitable events where I can attend, I'll run marathon distance on my own. Most of the events are in early- and mid-summer.

I want to be able to cycle a distance of 200km (124 miles) in a day (16 hours completion time)

I want to be able to swim 3km (2 miles) straight, under an hour and a half. Swimming pools are ok. Rests are ok, but resting time is included in total time.

One-time Bench press of 100kg, or 220lb

One-time leg press of 200kg, or 440lb

One-time full-range biceps curl of 30kg, or 66lb (I'm a skinny boy with little meat in my upper limbs).

Olympic triathlon under 4 hours. (1.5km / 0.93 mi swimming, 40km/ 24.8mi cycling, 10km / 6.8mi running).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    My main obstacle when I need to lose a few pounds (and I'm pretty lucky, b/c I have a decent metabolism overall), is that willpower and standard diets don't really work for me. They just make me mad because I can't have what I want. Usually, in order to lose a few, I have to wait for my cravings to change, which does happen fairly regularly, or I have to be really stressed out and not want to eat much. I'm pretty good about trying to eat healthy-ish most of the time an about exercising. It's just the cutting out enough junk to lose weight instead of just maintain that I suck at.
    This is exactly the same for me... I started exercising quite some time ago with the idea of losing 10 lbs or so... and not only have I not lost weight, I've gained 5-10 lbs! Some of that's certainly due to weight training, which isn't bad, but I also just tend to eat more, including junk. Although I have resisted the king-size Nestle Crunch bar in the fridge for almost a week now (a first). I'm sure it's destined for a crunchilicious trip down the hatch sooner or later, but at least I didn't scarf it down immediately upon getting home from the store .

Anyway, did more bowflex Wednesday, biking yesterday, more running today, and am just getting up off of the couch to go do more bowflex stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Completed.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Away from the city for a few days and doing a lot of walking outdoors. When back in town, will continue with regular goals.

E

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Damn it to hell due to a weight increase because my lazy ass was lazy yesterday.

(deep breath)

Okay, now that I got THAT out of my system, here it my super-duper active report (for more details, see exercise blog):

Exercise Routine:

32 minutes stepper, levels 6-8, 141 flights, 260 kcal

Weight program (with increased weight, OH HELLZ YEAH!!!!)

(However, I noticed one weight machine for back, abs and squats uses NEWTON - what the eff is that? - not kilos :steam: so had to change my record; everything else was accurate and in kilos.)

30 minutes elliptical, level 15, random hills/valleys, 5 minutes cool-down level 10, 4.5 km, 528 kcal

(That kicked my ass - random intervals every 10 seconds is a hell of a lot harder than manual. WOO HOO! )

Caloric intake: 1200-1500 kcal
    LL, sometimes PMS or having your period can add up to about 10 lbs of water weight. Also, when I have weighed myself when I was starving, peed and such, there would be like a 2-5 lb difference compared to when I was satisfied/full or had to pee. That might be another possibility.

UPDATE: I haven't really done much of my goal but I have done a lot of cardio everyday and mental exercise (studied 5 hours of chemistry today ). Oh also, I have been eating decent. 1000-1200 calories a day (1 big meal and 1 small meal) with heallhier food except for the state fair yesterday.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Walked the dog for 30 minutes this morning.

Moved all my boxes and things gathered since starting college down to the basement so 30-45 minutes of lifting and stair exercise.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I completed my "B" workout at the gym. (Squats, Standing Milt. Shoulder Press, Bent-over barbell rows, machine assisted pull ups, and inclined situps). Then I had my 20 minute walk turn into a 50 minute walk. I guess this is what happens when I try a new trail and ignore the time.

I only need to do my "A" workout on Sunday and I will have this week covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I'm in.
    Welcome! Glad you decided to join us.

Have you thought about what you wish to do on a weekly basis? Also, I hope you are feeling better soon. Let us know when you are ready to enter the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Walked the dog for 30 minutes this morning.

Moved all my boxes and things gathered since starting college down to the basement so 30-45 minutes of lifting and stair exercise.
    Doing constructive, real world work is a smart way of getting your exercise goals in! In fact, I've been toying around with the idea of doing some sort of volunteer work that would require physical activity. I may not have brains, and I'm not exactly high on brawn, but.... but.... not sure exactly where I was going with that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    In fact, I've been toying around with the idea of doing some sort of volunteer work that would require physical activity. I may not have brains, and I'm not exactly high on brawn, but.... but.... not sure exactly where I was going with that.
    What about Habitat for Humanity? Learning to build a house for someone who needs one: lots of exercise and practical understanding about carpentry!
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost