User Tag List

First 131181221229230231232233241281331 Last

Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3324

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    If you are feeling better now, it's likely you just over exerted yourself (especially during that sprint) and inflamed something or other. Usually, if you ice your shins and take it easy for a few days, your leg recovers.

If it continues on, then seeing a doctor sooner rather than later is a good thing. Likely, this is related to your trip and the mad sprint you posted about earlier.
    Oh no, this has been going on for a few weeks, walking home from school. Going home from school is about a mile uphill. I know this has been going on at least since that last post of stupid feet of doom and so it's been going on even before that.

"You're walking uphill a mile it's supposed to hurt stupid" is what I'm thinking but it's not like exertion hurt. I don't know what it is.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Oh no, this has been going on for a few weeks, walking home from school. Going home from school is about a mile uphill. I know this has been going on at least since that last post of stupid feet of doom and so it's been going on even before that.

"You're walking uphill a mile it's supposed to hurt stupid" is what I'm thinking but it's not like exertion hurt. I don't know what it is.
    Stretch your legs fully before walking home, see if that has any impact. Walking uphill may be lengthening some muscles and tightening others without balancing them out. Sure walking uphill may cause discomfort but shooting pain isn't a natural side effect of walking.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Yes, stretching is really quite important.

How old are your shoes, Hap? Old shoes could play a role in your pain as well.

If I recall, you are walking over a mile each day. You'll be surprised how quickly running/cross country/etc shoes lose their cushioning with that kind of walking. If I recall, we are talking about 3 months if that.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Yes, stretching is really quite important.

How old are your shoes, Hap? Old shoes could play a role in your pain as well.

If I recall, you are walking over a mile each day. You'll be surprised how quickly running/cross country/etc shoes lose their cushioning with that kind of walking. If I recall, we are talking about 3 months if that.
    I only got my shoes about a month ago -- my old ones were completely falling apart. I can't really think of .8 miles there and .8 miles back as that much.

I'll try stretching, I haven't before. Usually I'm too eager to get out of there. If that doesn't work, well, I suppose I can always start taking the bus again.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I only got my shoes about a month ago -- my old ones were completely falling apart.
    They don't happen to coincide with when your legs started hurting do they? It's not new shoes that matter, it's the kind of support they offer.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    They don't happen to coincide with when your legs started hurting do they? It's not new shoes that matter, it's the kind of support they offer.
    I started walking home (uphill) about the same time I bought new shoes, so I wouldn't be able to tell.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I recommend you not walk at all for the rest of the week so your shins can recover a bit. This isn't the type of pain you want to force yourself through.

Next week, if you are feeling mostly better, resume the downhill walks only. If you are feeling good by the end of next week, then you can add 1 or 2 uphill walks for the week after that.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I recommend you not walk at all for the rest of the week so your shins can recover a bit. This isn't the type of pain you want to force yourself through.

Next week, if you are feeling mostly better, resume the downhill walks only. If you are feeling good by the end of next week, then you can add 1 or 2 uphill walks for the week after that.
    Err, I have to walk to school, there's no other way for me to get there. I can rest over the long weekend, though.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Err, I have to walk to school, there's no other way for me to get there. I can rest over the long weekend, though.
    Walk backwards

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Walk backwards
    Or moon walk. Lower gravity is less straining on the shins!