User Tag List

First 126176216224225226227228236276326 Last

Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 3324

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

As a last resort, Udog will fly me to your house for 2 weeks, so that I may whip(literally) you into shape.

MBTI
    ENTP

Did upper body on Monday, lower on Wednesday, and about to do upper again today in a few hours. Been eating well: lots of protein, no junk food, trying to get fiber in. Gonna start biking to class.

I weigh 120 pounds right now, and I can only bench 65. Let's compare that to 6 weeks from now =D.

I want to start doing the interval training cardio between lifting days, but my legs are always so destroyed after lower-lifting days that I can't run right.

This my routine: Advice would be greatly appreciated!

MONDAY: Bench press, tricep extension, military lift, crunches with weights
    WEDNESDAY: Squats with weights, leg press, quad extension, hamstring, crunches with weights, sometimes more bench press if I feel up to it.

Then on Friday, repeat Monday, then keep cycling between upper and lower. On days in-between, I've been doing nothing.

Am I missing anything important? I really don't know what I'm doing.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    As a last resort, Udog will fly me to your house for 2 weeks, so that I may whip(literally) you into shape.
    Hahaha! That would probably do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    I want to start doing the interval training cardio between lifting days, but my legs are always so destroyed after lower-lifting days that I can't run right.
    I know this problem myself. How many times a week do you work out legs? Definitely take the day after a leg training off (or better yet, keep it to light activity like walking), but by the second or third day you should be able to go back to intervals. Back when I could jog, I would would plan a rest day after leg day whenever possible.

Edit: You edited your post with more info while I was replying. Will check out your workout later (if someone doesn't beat me to it) - but I gotta go for now.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

The weather was beautiful today, so I took advantage of it and went on my 60 minute walk.

I had been eating very well the past few days (cooking my own meals again, even), but I indulged a bit tonight. And by a bit, I mean alot!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I know this problem myself. How many times a week do you work out legs? Definitely take the day after a leg training off (or better yet, keep it to light activity like walking), but by the second or third day you should be able to go back to intervals. Back when I could jog, I would would plan a rest day after leg day whenever possible.

Edit: You edited your post with more info while I was replying. Will check out your workout later (if someone doesn't beat me to it) - but I gotta go for now.
    I do legs every other workout day, and I workout every other day. I always take 1 day off after lifting anything, but the problem is during those days off I'm sore, and I can't run; Then the next day, it's back to lifting. I wonder if I shouldn't be lifting every other day?

Also, could you give me some tips on the workout I posted if you wouldn't mind?

MBTI
    ENTP

Also, just got back from the gym again. Worked out upper. Added shoulders to the workout.

I've been continuing to eat right and dropped a few pounds before I started lifting (I only weigh 119lbs right now, so I don't think anymore slimming down is needed lol)

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I do legs every other workout day, and I workout every other day. I always take 1 day off after lifting anything, but the problem is during those days off I'm sore, and I can't run; Then the next day, it's back to lifting. I wonder if I shouldn't be lifting every other day?

If you do legs right, you can get away with doing them every 5-7 days. If you are sticking to an every other day schedule. You may be doing too much, unless you are using proper supplementation.

How long have you been lifting weights? How old are you?

Need more info.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    The weather was beautiful today, so I took advantage of it and went on my 60 minute walk.

I had been eating very well the past few days (cooking my own meals again, even)...
    Yay!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    If you do legs right, you can get away with doing them every 5-7 days. If you are sticking to an every other day schedule. You may be doing too much, unless you are using proper supplementation.

How long have you been lifting weights? How old are you?

Need more info.
    Agreed with Biax. When I was being a good boy about lifting, I was only lifting legs once a week or so. Usually, I scheduled my rest day for right after leg day because, yes, jogging is usually shot the day after a good leg work out.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

PT done yesterday. 3 weeks in a row where my hip wasn't clicking.

But in reality, it appears I've had it all wrong. I have found a new hero:
    Woman aims to become world's fattest