User Tag List

First 123173213221222223224225233273323 Last

Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3324

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I'm glad you are feeling better.

Since you haven't run in a long time (I assume), may I recommend you take your time increasing your jogging intervals? 15-20 minutes is a good ultimate goal, but injuries are very common when you try to push yourself too hard. Jogging can be very hard on the joints.
    Oh okay thank you. Yeah I am not going to to even try anytime soon- I am fine increasing little by little.

I wonder if there are easier on the body styles of running? I know a friend of mine said to run on the balls of the foot as that makes it easier on the body and is better for you. I do that but I wonder if there are certain strides that are easier on the body and such too.

I want to do what is best and I don't want any injuries or anything like that.

Don't worry I will take it very easy. The things that I will participate in this year I might just have to do speed walking with jogging peppered in for my personal goal of wanting to make good time.

There are some 5k things going on this summer. I am going to train as best I can for it but I am not going to kill myself for it. Eventually maybe in a year from now I want to do a marathon but I will take a year to train for it at least.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTP

So, do I get cake for completing the challenge?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    So, do I get cake for completing the challenge?
    That's an awesome idea! The only problem is, anything over a pound cake is expensive to ship.

And yes, I will fulfill my promise to those that made it. I first need to see how many make it, though!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I wonder if there are easier on the body styles of running? I know a friend of mine said to run on the balls of the foot as that makes it easier on the body and is better for you. I do that but I wonder if there are certain strides that are easier on the body and such too.

I want to do what is best and I don't want any injuries or anything like that.

Don't worry I will take it very easy. The things that I will participate in this year I might just have to do speed walking with jogging peppered in for my personal goal of wanting to make good time.
    Intervals are good for this. 1-2 minute jog, followed by a several minute walk. Maybe 2 jog/8 walk. Do that a couple of times then walk the rest of the time. As that gets easier, increase the jog time and decrease the walk time. Also, mix it up and maybe only do that every other day, and walk the other days.

I'm not sure what the best running technique is. I usually strive for "soft feet" vs clamping my foot on the ground as loudly as possible, but other than that, I can't claim I really aim for grace.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Intervals are good for this. 1-2 minute jog, followed by a several minute walk. Maybe 2 jog/8 walk. Do that a couple of times then walk the rest of the time. As that gets easier, increase the jog time and decrease the walk time. Also, mix it up and maybe only do that every other day, and walk the other days.

I'm not sure what the best running technique is. I usually strive for "soft feet" vs clamping my foot on the ground as loudly as possible, but other than that, I can't claim I really aim for grace.
    Oh the first paragraph is exactly what I am doing in the last 20- 30 minutes of my treadmill time. That is exactly what I plan to do. I do a 3 min walk in between maybe I should make it longer like you said.

I am going to buy the chariots of fire soundtrack and practice my dramatic crossing the finish line moment. BFF said she will throw water on me as I come to finish line,lol. It is going to be awesome! Oooh - I will have her play the theme song as I come to the finish as well,lol. Oh yeah, I also need to pick out an outfit- perhaps a Hello Kitty t shirt- yes I think that will do it with hot pink running shoes. Oh yeah, this is going to be awesome.

I don't just want to do it I want to do it in style and as dramatic as possible,lol.

YouTube - Chariots Of Fire (Theme Song)
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTJ

So when is the challenge officially over?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    So when is the challenge officially over?
    Today! I just have to gather the final results.

Although, Mom, I hope you continue posting. I'll be making sure that you don't slack off!

If I do another challenge, I'll likely wait until April and the warmer weather. Part of this is that I need to get my personal act together, which is something I want to focus on this month.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Ooooh exciting to see the final results!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ

Today! I just have to gather the final results.

Although, Mom, I hope you continue posting. I'll be making sure that you don't slack off!

If I do another challenge, I'll likely wait until April and the warmer weather. Part of this is that I need to get my personal act together, which is something I want to focus on this month.
    Ok good.
    I'm glad I'll have someone checking up on me and keeping me honest!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm waiting on one last report (PM has already been sent) before posting the final tally.

As an interesting note, we lost 20% of our total participants between the 7-9 week mark. That amounts to about half of the total amount of people that dropped out. The second highest loss time? The 4 week marker, with a 10% dropout rate.

That suggests that the 2 month marker is an important time event. Almost everyone that made it past 9 weeks went on to finish, and some of those that didn't had extenuating circumstances.

Just figured some of you would be interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ok good.
    I'm glad I'll have someone checking up on me and keeping me honest!