First 1220212223243272122 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Oh you usually notice it when you know you should be hungry because your energy levels are just dropping by the minute yet aren't, that's usually the first sign there's an issue with traffic control. At least as far as I'm concerned
    I am wondering if you are referring to eating so many vegetables that you aren't getting enough other foods. The truth is, veggies have a pretty good protein/carb ratio - they just lack many calories, and therefore substantial amounts of protein. To me, veggies can make for a healthy compliment to any meal - but they simply aren't substantial enough, calorie wise, to be the meal. Even salads need beans, salad dressing, meat, fruit, etc to have substantial calorie content.

I do well with a high protein diet, though. I just have to watch the red meat. It's important to mix meats and include lots of lean meats like chicken breasts, fish, etc. Lately, I've been adding vegetarian meals to my diet, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Same with me. When "hunger level" hits, my blood sugar tends to plummet very quickly, so protein with some carbohydrates is much better for me snackwise. Though I prefer nuts and/or fruit to meat and/or veggies as a snack (and yet I often bypass both and go for delicious potato chips...)
    Whenever possible, try to eat snacks with a mix of protein, fat, and carbs. They've been shown to give you the best metabolic boost for the longest period of time. Also, fat + protein leads to a high feeling of satiation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    My main obstacle when I need to lose a few pounds (and I'm pretty lucky, b/c I have a decent metabolism overall), is that willpower and standard diets don't really work for me. They just make me mad because I can't have what I want. Usually, in order to lose a few, I have to wait for my cravings to change, which does happen fairly regularly, or I have to be really stressed out and not want to eat much. I'm pretty good about trying to eat healthy-ish most of the time an about exercising. It's just the cutting out enough junk to lose weight instead of just maintain that I suck at.
    One thing that can help is to try and see if there are any actions that 'trigger' a craving. Are you consistently doing something that makes you want that ICEE? You might have more success cutting out the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Got up insanely early this morning and did about 45 minutes of light exercise around the "village" (Springe, Germany). Of course add like 10 minutes of being distracted and gawking at buildings and 5 minutes of stretching/warm down. The air here is so nice and breezy and the land is vaguely hilly and it was a lot more fun to exercise without tons of pollution filling the lungs.
    If I haven't already said something, I am impressed by the way you are not letting vacation be an excuse to not work out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I am wondering if you are referring to eating so many vegetables that you aren't getting enough other foods. The truth is, veggies have a pretty good protein/carb ratio - they just lack many calories, and therefore substantial amounts of protein. To me, veggies can make for a healthy compliment to any meal - but they simply aren't substantial enough, calorie wise, to be the meal. Even salads need beans, salad dressing, meat, fruit, etc to have substantial calorie content.
    nah that's not what i meant
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    nah that's not what i meant
    Heh. I must confess I've never had a problem with eating too many vegetables. I like them, but I don't like them that much!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I did my exercise for the day. I was determined to wake up and be lazy but FINE! I did it!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Ah, very excellent. I will hold off the dogs for another day.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Ah, very excellent. I will hold off the dogs for another day.
    keep 'em starved, you never know when u'll need them
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

You know, if I look even remotely buff in October, maybe I'll be Rosie The Riveter for Halloween

I slapped level 3 in the face, and my skateboarding got rained out yesterday so I'll practice today.. We always end up practicing on DnD night anyways. Which means I successfully completed my week. Now it's just rinse and repeat.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    20 minutes weights/abs/stretches whatnot.

I've got to keep reminding myself that I can't compare myself to you guys or the rest of the class or what the teacher expects because I've never exercised before. Otherwise, I guess I'm okay.
    I think this stuff right here motivates me more than anything else, honestly. I'm like "If this person's keeping up with their goals and they've never exercised before, I HAVE to keep going!"

You and cafe are doing a fantastic job I'm glad ya'll are participating.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Now it's just rinse and repeat.
    No no no! It's "I can't wait until next week to own my exercise goals once again!" That's the attitude you want to have.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Ah! That's the attitude I'll have next week. I have a whole rest-of-the-week to pretend I'm lazy until then. Although I think I will workout saturday evening with a traditional long-distance run and DVD episode.